Does my intelligence really increase spell damage?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-AlatarielC, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

Hi, I have a warlock. I was wondering about intelligence. It says in the tooltip that it increases spell damage. How does this work, like does it increase a bit every 2 points in intelligence I gain? How would I know how much my intelligence is increasing spell damage?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kleitos Guest

It does increase your spell damage. Check the Warlock/Wizard forums perhaps for more detailed information.
  3. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Or, just hover over a spell to see it's damage, then remove a piece of +int gear and look again :)
  4. ARCHIVED-DarkRenown Guest

Sod it. That is so obvious it's painful. Can't believe I hadn't thought of doing that to see what the effect was.
    I'd thank you, but it would only compound my embarassment at being such a muppet!
  5. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

How do I quote posts?

Anyway, no, I'm NOT going to remove equipment and then look at the tooltip for each spell. There NEEDS to be a way to see what my intelligence is doing. Why is this game's UI so broken?

Can anyone give me a good way to do this? Is there ANY effect I can see from intelligence? I'm not guessing what my intelligence is doing. IMO intelligence does nothing, it doesn't increase spell damage. Maybe it does, but I don't think SOE honored that part of the game.

Is there no webpage, or writeup, that tells what intelligence does? There should be something for EVERY stat, telling it's effect in-game.

Help, anyone that is willing to give an appropriate answer.
    Message Edited by AlatarielC on 04-04-200611:27 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Okay.. if you don't want to check spells, then just increase your INT and assume that it's doing you some good.If you hover over your stats, it does tell you what it affects. In fact there is quite alot of information on the persona window. Maybe it's not the UI that sucks.
    Message Edited by SugarGirl on 04-04-200609:31 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

I have hovered over the Persona window's stats. That's how I know the tooltip says that intelligence increases spell damage. There is no listing for what my intelligence is doing for me. Stop telling me I'm stupid. You make this post personal, you need a life.

I'm just looking for an answer to the question. Is there some webpage that explains what and how intelligence is doing to my character?
  8. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

lol...You're NOT going to do a simple test to determine that Intelligence definitely affects spell damage.
    Instead, You ARE going to complain and accuse SOE of lying about it when it's extremely easy to see that they are not.

I don't know why they don't explain better what each point or percentage towards max int does...
    Maybe it's so people might try playing the game instead of analyzing the numbers.

**EDIT**The quote button is to the left of the smiley face when you are replying.Here is a thread that attempts to break down the numbers.I don't know if the bonus works the same now, or how good their data was to begin with.
    Message Edited by Onorem on 04-04-200609:47 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

Everyone's a ********. No one can help someone just asking a simple question.

Thanks for nothing.

Yeak sure, I'll take ALL my equipment off and see what it says for one spell, then put it all back on and see what that spell tooltip says then. Yay.

Bye, don't reply to this anymore. I'm not coming back to this unhelpful place and asking any questions again.
  10. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Use the button that looks like a quote bubble.

I did give you your answer.

The UI *does* tell you what it's doing.

If you take off all your int gear, you'll notice spell damage is low. Put it back on, and it automatically updates to show the increased damage.

You are choosing NOT to see the effect. The UI is not broken.

Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it unhelpful.

Message Edited by Magus` on 04-04-200609:46 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

Thank you Magus. If that's the ONLY way to check, then I guess I have to do that too see the effect.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darammer Guest

All you need to do is remove one piece of gear with Int on it.

As you were told.

Before you threw your little hissy fit.

Do you always act like this when people help you?
  13. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

I don't think anyone is trying to make you feel stupid man. I think you are just choosing to not hear what people are saying to you. Your question has been answered multiple times, multiple ways. The UI says it affects spell damage (not combat arts though... that is STR) No, they don't tell you how much it increases it, The only way is to take a piece of equipment with INT on it, unequip it and re equip it to see the effect and then do the math. Why do you think no one has posted a quick simply easy way to do this yet? Shall we make you a spreadsheet?
  14. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

I have unequipped +int equipment and looked at the tooltip for a spell, then re-equipped it and looked at the same spell's tooltip. The spell damage shown didn't change. The piece of equipment I unequipped was +6 int. Oh well.
  15. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

What is your level?
    How high is your intelligence?

You may be at the cap...in which case, more int will not add more damage.
  16. ARCHIVED-AlatarielC Guest

My warlock is only level 20. Her intelligence is 70 with equipment. I'm not capped yet.
    Message Edited by AlatarielC on 04-04-200603:16 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Then you didn't look very well. INT has a very noticable effect when you are below the cap.
  18. ARCHIVED-valkyrja Guest

I can assure you, increasing your INT does increase your spell damage.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darammer Guest

I'm a level 60 dirge. I have 164 Int self buffed.

Luda's Heinous Cry: Inflicts 487-811 disease damage on target

I remove a piece of armor with 20 Int. I now have 144 Int.

Luda's: Inflicts 477-794 disease damage on target

Yes. It does affect spell damage.
  20. ARCHIVED-Idoru Guest

Um... to use a term I learned here on the SOE forums in relation to the OP...

PWNED!

Makes me want to log in and see what happens with my int gear on my Templar.