Disarming Band

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Starwindz, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-nirate Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    NO ONE IS DOING THIS NOW ANYWAY! So to answer your question, YES! Go right ahead and make gear to better balance the class because whoever is in charge of balance via spells,ca,and AAs is clearly not doing his/her job.
    *points to the SK, zerker, summoners forums* Go there if you need a little hint at where to nudge said balancing dev.
  2. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    I wish I could help is some way myself. lol
    You must get tired of us at times for the constant nagging. :)
    Regardless, keep up the good work.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

You don't want to know what the SK community thinks of whoever is in charge of class balance, but i'll tell you anyway..
    He should be dragged through the town naked tied to a horse, while people throw tomatoes and rotten pumkins at him.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sylvana Guest

Fyreflyte while your going around nerfing and boosting shields, mind helping us cover one HUGE flaw in the itemisation of EQ2, including RoK. TWO HANDERS, They are crap, i mean the fiery axe of unending war is only a 140 rating when a mythical(from much easier mobs) is 125 rating. The two handed axe from VP is 130 rating. Personally the VP axe should be 200 rating and fiery axe of unending war( aka an AVATAR DROP) should be boosted to 210+.

I know you probably didnt itemise this either, but sadly you have to clean up after the previous devs mess. Two handers hold a lot of classes back ESPECIALLY crusaders who HAVE to use them for half decent dps, whereas berserkers and guardians can duel wield two fabled swords for MUCH higher dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

Azleya@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I updated your list a bit, and everything what is listed in red, is gear which is not scout loot only! So you are for a HUGE bidding fight and a long waiting list against
    a) 4 other scout classes (according to you no ranger wants it),
    b) Fighters
    c) Healers
    d) certain items even mages.

on top of that, there is one single bp of VP, compared to what gear you can get form VP with range melee crit/dbl attack.

You see it is all a point of view thing with loot, while you say there is not enough ranger loot, you forget that loot you call scout loot is wanted by more then just scouts! So the demand of these items is much larger, and the waiting lists are even bigger! And thus are likely to cost the scout more then a ranger ...

Also your avearge raiding guild has maybe 2 rangers in the guild, once every item has dropped it gets muted, sold or put on an alt ... and several classes got shafted again, because there is no loot beneficial for them this week again!

Should there be more pure ranger gear in the game: you get a clear NO from me, I feel there is already far too much.

Should gear be changed to have both melee & ranged proc - I feel like NO, because the next thing, bards will ask to have spell crit on it too! And then we'd end up with scouts have huge melee/ranged & spell crit/dbl attack values ... and do too much dps = NERF Inc!

Tbh the only way, to not hurt balance, would be adding proc type crits/dbl attack to items. like if Ranger then ranged double attack, other classes then melee double attack. - But this would require tons of coding and lot of time, so wasting it on an expansion which is 9 month old would be a waste, but maybe an idea for new expansions to come!
  6. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Why does a Ranger wants Treasureseekers Band and Manipulators Hood from PR,
    thats Melee DA. Also theres simply NO Wrist for a ranger, 2 have Melee DA, one is part
    of a set from SOH thats more designed for rogues, and one wrist with dps/attack
    speed thats was fighter only before. DPS is one thing that most ranger will get easily
    to 100 - 120 dps, without temp buffs like Focus Aim and Killing Instinct, so bidding on
    them is imho pointless. Thats why i said before add ranged da to the treasureseeker
    band, as theres very limited ranged da gear from instanced mobs available.
    Before now the next rogues comes and points out what about domini and tangrine
    ranged da items, ill say it again its unfair that a ranger needs to kill the hardest
    encounter in the game to get 5 ranged da that a melee scout gets from an easy
    encounter in PR. Also why does a Ranger needs to camp contestants, while melee
    gets it from raidzones, thats unfair. As for bidding on stuff with fighter, im happy to
    have ranged da on the Protectors link and bidd with fighter for it, thats a reason
    why you have dkp, thats no real argument.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

After some consideration, I've added 3 ranged crit to the Disarming Band. This should appear in the next hotfix (it will not make it into 47).
  8. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

Awesome .. while you are doing that can you go look at Tangrin's loot table and notice that there is a clear lack of loot / variety.
  9. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    can you add some spell crit for the bards to then? i mean fairs fair and all that.
  10. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FYRE!!!
    I'm glad you look at it and saw the lack of ranger VP rings.
    Keep up the great work!
    And have a cookie on me. I prefer peanut butter myself. ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    I would ask you to look into the ranged da for treasuressekers band too, that would be great. i hope thats not to m uch asked )))))))
  12. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

To be clear, I'm not going to be modifying any more VP pieces based off of this thread. There was one large hole in the itemization here; I filled it. The End =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    Can I see the credits btw? ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    sorry, i mist have missed it, but where is the Bard ring in V peak that has spell crit +melee crit with +ca damage+spell damage. i cant seem to find the new one you made to fill the hole in v peak itemization.
  15. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

EasternKing wrote:
    I don't believe this thread was about bards. And I'd strongly recommend Shard of Hate to you, as there are a number of items that are especially good for bards there.
  16. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    of course we can start a new thread for each class where there are not enough items for certain slots, but it would be really nice if you could have a look at raid loot in general and espeically at the big gaps for certain slots and the very small loot tables of certain mobs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

Thank-you Fyreflyte! Listening; keeping the communication lines open; researching the problem and not immediately dismissing it out of hand; and, fixing the gap that existed! Are you sure you work for SOE? :p
    You didn't even brush us off with a, 'I have too much on my plate to commit to anything; even tho I can see there is a problem.', type post! I have to say; it did take a little while and it was obvious that you were busy, but, at least you came in here to say, 'I've been very busy lately, but I am still looking into this guys n gals.'. I hope some other devs are taking notes.
  18. ARCHIVED-speedycerv Guest

I'm pretty happy about this change, espically since we don't do korsha(rarely) and I never got that ring. With the currect setup I have I'd only use the ring on long range fights, but its a lot better than the polished jade band :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Paikis Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    While I know this thread isn't about bards... there is alot of good loot in SoH for rangers too. If we cry loud enough, can we get some gear changed? I haven't seen any chain hats in VP with spell and melee crit on them.
  20. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Paikis wrote:
    yes but you must mention the lack of an item in VP every time you post or it won't happen. Cause if you're missing an item in VP, it must be a problem