Disarming Band

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Starwindz, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

These posts are so depressing. It reminds me over and over again of the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach everytime something with 75 -85 ca dmg and 3-4% melee crit or DA drops during raids. You want to know the God's honest truth Fyre? ROK has been out for 7 months. Our guild raids 5 nites a week. I have seen 4 total upgrades that were from raids. (not including those crummy dead eye set pieces and I haven't even got a 6 piece bonus off those yet). Yeah, still wearing MC str ring. Yeah, still wearing trooper boots from JW mobs. A couple scattered pieces with ranged stats from instances. I was almost at a standstill until SoH came out. I can happily say I have gotten 2 upgrades there: shuddering earring and lifespike.
    I don't wear all this crap because I want to. Every nite I go to raid and cross my fingers hoping something that I am not 15th in line for (melee jewelry drops) and something, anything, that has proper ranger stats will drop. Apparantly I am wearing them all and don't have much to look forward too until we get to the end of VP. Why is that? Could you just explain why we really have nothing to look forward to besides patterns?
    Now, a new instance and again.. the same thing. Yes, we appreciate the few scattered items you added with ranged stats in RE2, but, couldn't it be just a little more evenly distributed? Azleya's suggestion is the best and he has been trying to get someone to listen to us for I don't know how long. Add both stats to items; ranged and melee. Give ALL scouts choices. It is just impossible to hope for a ranged stat item that is so uncommon it will drop once in a blue moon. We NEED more choices. You have pigeon holed us into looking for the few scattered ranger items in this game and having nothing more to look forward to.
    MC str ring, YAY! JW trooper boots, YAY! Thugga necklace, YAY! There has got to be more options out there. Merge melee/ ranged stats to all items and you will never have to hear this complaint again. I know it's hard to get Aeralik's approval (and I know you have had to get his approval in the past when adding ranger stats to items), but, isn't there someone else you can ask? Perhaps someone over both of you? Rangers have been betraying to Assassin in groves and it is NOT just because their mythicals pawn every mythical out there. WE have very few legitimate gear choices.. they have the world at their feet. Please don't force rangers into choosing betrayal so they can get some much needed gear progression. The solution is just so simple.
  2. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

I find it very it very interesting that rugoues are so opposed to give ranger 1-2 more loot options, not so many bards

or assasins are. Nearly every topic with the same content has either swashies or brigas , coming up with the

argument, there are 1/6 ranged scouts and 5/6 melee scouts therefore 99 % of the items should be melee and be

happy if fyreflyte gives you 2 - 3 items. I want to know why is it rogues that are so opposed to it.

@ deejan In the way you argue that theres a haste item, you could also say theres a fabled wrist dropping in Soh

with 6DPS on it, therefore you have the option for a wrist. But the Point is we asked for items with ranger stats.

Starwindz asked to look into a ring and i asked to look into wrists, as the only wrists for ranger dropps off

contestants. I hope Starwindz it is ok to combine your topic for a ring and my topic for wrist, as they are related.
  3. ARCHIVED-Paikis Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you rangers be in melee range on alot of fights so you can use your melee CAs? Seems like I remember reading on the ranger forums that you were a BAD RANGER if you weren't using your melee skills... so your complaint that there are no rings which benefit you is kinda off base. Also the haste ring linked looks pretty damned good to me for a ranger.
    Just be glad you aren't a bard. We need 2 types of crits and 3 on some fights. We also don't have any AA options for enhancing our crits beyond DKtM.And the first person who says that we aren't real DPS is going to get punched in the face!
    Look at this from an item creator's standpoint. There is exactly one (1) class which focuses on ranged crit. Just one. What happens if they make lots of nice loot for rangers and 3 months later they have threads complaining about all the +ranged crit gear being useless now that their guild's one ranger has got it all. Ohnoes! We're just transmuting it all! Its getting in the way of gear that we need dropping! You suck as an item dev!
    Please.
    EDIT: Spelling
  4. ARCHIVED-MacDaddy62 Guest

Paikis wrote:
    L2read the rest of the thread and you will see that there's a stupidly easy way around this problem.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dajaan Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    well i wanted to point out that there is in fact a ring that you can use - 40 haste is the most you can get from a single item, and especially for a ranger with a 9.0s bow (or whatever your epic's delay is) this ring helps.
    so of course it isn't the super uber +500% ranged crit & ranged double attack & base dmg improvement ring for rangers only, that you all cry for, but it is an improvement.

to the question regarding as, why it is rogues who are 'not willing to give away loot to the rangers' - simple answer: it's a waste of dps - i have been parsing 13k with my brigand on the training wall, and well up to 10k on VP trash mobs. there are 2swashies and 2brigands (including myself) in my guild, so who am i going to consider? a ranger parsing some 6k on a good day? hell yeah...

nono wait - actually if the ranger would be able to get that forementioned 500% uber ring, i would eventually consider him :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    I have no problem with the addition of wrist items (or lack of). I just Fyre would give us a response as to whether he would look into it or not. (It's kinda like pulling teeth on these forums). /ouch
    As for Paikis statement about rangers using melee......Huh??? Rangers use their bow as their main source of dps. Not melee weapons. Also, there are allot of haste items out there that anyone can use. Haste is not an issue for a ranger in the correct raid group.
  7. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Starwindz wrote:
    so because you wouldnt use the ring its discounted? in that case you can take of 75% of the melee listed drops, no self respecting dps melee scout will use them.
    1 hat=t4 use able by both (soh)
    1 ring=t4 melee only. ring t2 ranger
    1 ear=t4 melee only
    1 ear =t4 use able by both(soh)
    1 wrist=t1 melee only / 1 wrist Tang Ranger.
    1 wrist = heroic zone use able by both (re2)
    1 Belt = t4 use able by both (soh)
    1 chest= t4 not sure if proc on woven is melee only as it says attack.
    1 neck = heroic zone use able by both (sof) or quested use able by both (thugga)
    1 cloak = t4 use able by both (soh) 1 cloak = heroic zone use able by both (re2)
    think that pretty much covers the important slots for both melee and rangers as most will be using set gear in armor slots. And to me that list looks pretty damn close in gear choice and gear benefits.
    perhaps im not getting the point of some rangers posts /shrug.
  8. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

EasternKing wrote:
    You are missing the point here. Why would I need to add more haste when I can achieve maximum haste in a raid setting???? Plus, I have a haste item in a different slot. Why would I need to get this haste ring so that I can lose the other slot? Haste items do not stack and the haste difference is so small that it is pointless to get since I'm always at max haste.
    Second, we are talking about rings from Veeshan's Peak ONLY. Your list has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    Third, I am asking Fyre to add some ranged crit or ranged double attack to a already good melee ring. So, I don't see how this would upset anyone else.
  9. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

@ eastern King You failed to prove me wrong. As i said from instanced Epic Mobs there are Zero Wrists with ranger

stats either Crit or DA. While you get two wrists!!! with 4 and 5 DA. Also explain me why the ranger dropps of a

contestant which means, that its only excessable for 4-6 rangers per server at the most. You as melees can go to PR

and get the treasureseekers band with 5 DA, which is obtainable for melee scouts even in casual raidforces.

In a matter of fact even the re2 scout fabled item has melee da but no ranged da. As Azleya and i said before,

make the Tangrine Wrist Melee/ranged, as it should be for a Contestant drop, but give as wrist from the t1-t4

zones with Ranged DA on it. About the T2 Ring you mentioned, it has tank stats on it, again a ranger item

without STR, manyRangers use betrayal of signet instead. As for the Woven breastplate you mentioned, it says

"All scouts", but it has only Melee Crit on it, so call it "All Melee scouts". No ranger is complaining about Necklace

as you have 3 Options and belts too, but thats it. All we want is a fabled ring option with STR and a Wrist with

ranged da.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

Paikis - Apparantly we are supposed to stand in melee distance, but, we normally don't do anything but add intox and our dot for additional dps when we are. Our mythical bows give us a 20% bonus IF we stand up the mob's [I cannot control my vocabulary], with the rest of the melee. The further we are from the mob; the less of a bonus we receive. In fact, if we are more than 10 meters from the mob (required to do ranged dmg on almost all VP named), we do not even get a damage bonus.. it becomes ZERO. Yeah, nice, eh? Perhaps you were just confused as to why we seem to be standing in melee range a lot now.
    Bards take up to 4 spots on a raid nowadays. They are more versatile and can use ALL stats that drop. This makes bard's choices nearly endless. No-one here has asked to be able to MAX their crits and double attacks. We are asking for more choices. Yep, I'll tell you that bards are NOT dps. So, they can get 3-4k parses, they do some dps; but, hate to burst your bubble, bards are utility.
    Dajaan - We are not asking for haste; we can self buff haste and generally are maxed out in raids. We are asking to share the yummy 65-85 CA bonuses; 6-7 dps mods; crit and DA bonuses that the other 5 scouts have.
    A waste of dps?? Because in your guild you obviously spit on the ranger and give brigs and swashies the first/ better choices?? I call shanigans on brigands parsing 10-13k; I haven't even seen assassins claiming that, except when certain items from SoH were broken.
    We do not ask for some mythical 500% uber ring. We ask for the ability to make choices and not be pigeon holed into grabbing the FEW available items with actual ranged stats. Do you realize if the ranger you are be-littling had some choices, he wouldn't be outparsed by brigs and swashies? (As I understand it should be).
    It takes takes experts regimental combat elixir and archers di'zok flashstones for me to get an avg 63% crit and 68% DA with an illy's DA on me. Yeah, our guild isn't the most hardcore on the server; we were 3rd to kill Druushk, but, I'd like to think that I've seen a lot of the choices available throughout the tiers and can tell you that I am still wearing instance/ solo quest/ solo named items.
    So, you feel rangers should be required to spend a fortune on temporary adorns, on top of arrows and their normal poison/ debuff/ deaggro expenses to even get close to a rogue's crit and DA? Yeah, let's make it even more expensive to remain a competing ranger, then, maybe, they will all become assassins.
    EasternKing - Name for your items, or, you are picking things out of thin air. You listed 10 items in game a ranger can wear, many of which are shared with the other 5 scouts, wonderful. TEN items. When you go down that list and list every, single OTHER scout item in game that is available for those slots, how many do you come up with? Yeah, thought so.. you've proven our point, ty. We need more choices.
    Please bring some better arguments as to why you feel rangers should be in this predicament. Fyre are you reading this? We have brigs and bards posting that THEY are the dps and rangers are peeons and exactly where they should be. RoK is exterminating rangers. Help us out here, please?
  11. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Meerah@Permafrost wrote:
    wow miss my point much?
    The gear list i made was PRIMARY choice if given one for max benefit for both ranger and melee dps. i dunno about the rest of the scouts but i dont waste my dkp buying crap gear i dont want, just cos it says scout on it, does not make it desirable.
    and wow you gotta use gear the rest of the scouts use? i mean qq some more really, i gotta use gear the bards / preds / brawlers / warriors / crusaders and mages bid for. so welcome to everyone elses world.
    I means seriously stop expecting them to waste loot spots on a mobs table by designing gear only 1 class will use, you know how sick i am of killing mobs and seeing the chest open and it be the 30th drop for a single / duel class limitation, they got it first kill and now every kill after, it gets muted, simple,gear for 1 class gets used once and from that point on its mute / vender fodder.
    imo they need to make MORE gear thats use able by a larger number of class's, just for the fact alone im sick of seeing mobs drop the same useless junk week in week out
  12. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Starwindz wrote:
    I think you are missing the point of raiding to be honest. Not every zone is going to have pieces for every class. There are no mage hats for casters in VP but doesn't really bother people cause there are other places to get decent pieces.

What you need to focus on is finding items that would logically need to include changes instead of demanding pieces in certain zones have something for everybody.
  13. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Am I? Let me give you some insight then. Here is a personal response from Fyreflyte:
    "That being said, if there's a compelling reason why this item needs ranged crit (for instance, if it's the only scout wrist that drops in all of VP, and there's nothing else that offers ranged crit), let me know and I'll look into it. Offhand, I don;t know where this item comes from and have no idea why it would need additional bonuses. There are certainly times when I forget to attach ranged crit to items that should have had them (for instance the scout bp in Hate, since that bp is intended for all scouts and there is no ranger-specific bp there). But usually if an item is melee statted, it was done so purposely."
    Fyreflyte
    "Why am I seeing red on that item?" - Archonix
    I hope you read the bold and underline statement. I think I made my point pretty well.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Starwindz wrote:
    actually I see your point, it just sounds like a bunch of whining. So what if an item drops from a zone you can't use, like I said mages don't get a single useable hat from VP so should we complain about that? or move on to more constructive changes?
  15. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

Well, all I see from you is that your complaining that "we" rangers are whining. It makes you look bad since you give nothing to the thread and instead "whine" about your issue (lack of Mage hats from VP).
    Instead, I suggest you make a post about your issues (about zero mage hatsfrom VP). I have no problem supporting you and your issue.
    But to come in here and call us whiners does nothing to help your cause or ours. I made valid points throughout this post and Fyre even agreed (to a certain extent). VP is the end zone with over 100 drops and my complaint is pretty valid. We have no rings that give rangers any ranged crit or ranged double attack bonuses. We only have one ring at of all 4 tiers that drops for us. Last time I checked, we have 2 finger slots. See my point? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Starwindz wrote:
    actually fyre stated that you needed to give reasons why an item with already overpowered scout stats on it needed to be changed to include ranged crit. Your argument seems to be that you have picked out a decent item already for most scouts out of VP and decided that it needed to be changed to fit your class.

What I'm suggesting to you is find another item, getting an item with already super stats on it to change is going to be impossible, you are also stuck on this 100 item VP thing, so what? Every class needs an item for every slot in 1 zone? what's the point of doing the others then? Just trying to help you out, but sticking to points that won't ever get your point across to devs or get changes done won't help you.

And has already been stated seems the itemization table suited for one class is already pretty high, might be a better route to get the mechanic changed as opposed to the gear, though in the case of my own class SOE seems to feel that gear will fix any mechanic problem so I guess you're on the right path. Making items that only 1 class can use is pretty selfish, I hate that it needs to be done to balance certain classes out as it takes away from other potential drops as well as time away from creating other worthwhile things. Its just the nature of what you play, brawlers have similiar issues in that they wear leather and have to have items custom made for only 2 classes, its just a waste.
  17. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

@ sabutai and others.
    If you read the thread that azleya nd i posted before, we mentioned that every class
    should have to some extend the same loot options.
    As for my case, about wrists, there are 4 fabled wrists in t1-t4, usable for scouts. Two
    have 4/5 Melee DA and two have 6/10dps, correct me if im wrong. The SOH 6DPS
    Wrist is part of a Fabled jewelry set, that is for melees, in the way its been designed.
    Dont come and say you can have 6/10 dps wrists that you can wear you. Let me tell
    you most Ranger are around 100-120 dps buffed in raid, plus we have a temp selfbuff
    dps buff, so its in best case secondary and as good as melee crit for us. Now the only
    Wrists for ranger, that has been designed for them dropps of a contestant. Which in
    my opinion is wrong in two ways. A Contestant Item should have both Melee/Ranged
    Stats and on the other site a wrist with ranger stats, should be obtainable through
    Raids on instanced Mobs.
  18. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

To limit myself to basically 2 rings for my secondary finger slot is just bad itemization wise. For one thing, I do not need another "haste" item since I am currently wearing a haste item in a different slot. Second, using the mastercrafted str. ring is just wrong when someone is already raiding all tiers in RoK. I'm not asking much here really. The disarming band is perfect for all scout classes and it should have something worthy for a ranger.
    As for everyone else, I totally agree with their complaints. Fyre and the crew need to double check all raid gear for all classes and see what is missing. I doubt that will happen since it would take some time to do. However, the best thing I can do now is just post my thoughts here and pray Fyre will see the complaint as legit.
  19. ARCHIVED-DarkRanger77 Guest

I fail to see the point of this ******** argument. You are asking for a ring which is NOT ALL scout friendly. Bards are scouts too. Troubadors could ask for spell crit on that and spell damage. BTW if you want a second ring go get the hate ring (Signet of Betrayal), you may not have some stacked version of ranged crit and ranged DA but it's a good item. You can't go wrong with a damage proc.

If your class hates melee weapons so much stop taking my frickin lifespike stiletto of ruin. Stop complaining because it won't get you anywhere unfortunately, Aeralik is an assassin and hates you, get over it lol. But seriously take the SoH ring. They are not going to make every slot in game perfect for every class and easily attainable. This won't happen and there will always be gaps in every tier for certain pieces. Gloves for one are horrid on any class, unless your set gloves are good.
  20. ARCHIVED-Starwindz Guest

DarkRanger77 wrote:
    I'll be civil with this response. First, I suggest reading the whole post and understand what is being talked here. I'll repeat it for you: there are ZERO rings from VEESHAN"S PEAK that have no ranged crit or ranged double bonuses. Second, re-read Fyre's response I posted earlier and you will see that he would possible look into it if above mentioned is true. Well, it's true.
    Signet of Betrayal is not "technically" a ranger ring. One of the devs stated this awhile back. As for the rest of your post, it has no bearing on this subject.