Disappearing recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I was doing rush orders on an alt and one of the recipes just disappeared. I went to do indium tower shield from book 50 and all I could get was the imbued version. I had done a rush with the regular one in it earlier today, so I know it was there when I scribed the book, now it's gone. I tried typing it in, clearing filters logging out zoning out different forges lol nothing seems to help. It doesn't show up in the list now even with no filtering.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=508971

There are more people with that problem, its a known issue and the devs are "working" on it.
    The first time i found out about it was around juli last year, there is nothing i could find in the knowledgebase, nothing is said by any red name,
    but at least the devs are "working" on it.

Im too sick and tired of this subject getting no attention from any red name to say more on the subject.
    Good luck on getting answers Cloudrat.
  3. ARCHIVED-Canston Guest

Wanted to add this is showing on Test. Missing recipe from 40 armorer book. It looks toon specific as some other armorers are showing this spell. Spell I'm missing is Fulginite Melodic Leggings.
  4. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Canston wrote:
    Went to have the di'zok plate set made but my armorer buddy can't find the legs in his book, so.. yeah :/
  5. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Meridia@Crushbone wrote:
    I'm the guy with the missing plate greives recipe for the Di'zok plate armor, I also started a second thread about that. As an aside I did a /bug and a /petition, the reply to the petition was just to check patch notes for fixes, pretty much.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I had all of the Advanced Craftsman disappear on me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

I heard several theories sofar, but the one that makes the most sense is : the recepy database is overloaded, and because of that random recepies dissapear.
    In that case it would be best to stop making new recepies, and start stabilizing whats allready in there.

Instead, SOE is giving us more and more recepies, and doesnt seem to be doing anything about the problem.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Kerane wrote:
    That would make more sense if the disappearing recipes were vanishing from everyone's lists. They're not; different people are missing different things, and many are missing nothing at all. And unless the overwhelming number of people missing recipes are scholars, particularly sages, it's not an individual character having too many recipes.
    As for not giving further recipes, a lack of new content is a sure-fire way to destroy interest and growth in this game. People always want new content. The number one complaint about AoD was that it didn't have new content, only new mechanics. Might as well tell everyone "We're not adding new zones, new quests, new mobs, or new anything until all the old stuff is all balanced and bug-free." Sounds good on paper, but in reality it's impossible and likely game-killing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mizlek Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    I wonder how many people would actually know they were missing recipes if they were? How many here would know if their Carbonite Vanguard Legplates recipe were missing? Or their Maple Knotted Club?
    I doubt I would notice.
    -Miz
  10. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

Mizlek wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. I think everyone is missing some recepies, some people just have not noticed yet.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Kerane wrote:
    True, but for recipes to be disappearing from the database everyone would have to be missing the same ones. At the least everyone on the same server would be missing the same ones, if each server has its own recipe database. Canston says, for example, that he's missing the Fulginite Melodic Leggings, but other armorers on Test have the recipe. So the recipes are in the database, but for some reason are not being loaded when a character who has it opens their recipe window.
    Sadly, since it does seem to be character-specific, with so far no known correlation between the missing and the functional, it's going to be a huuuuge pain to track down.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

I can understand if they need time to fix this problem, but sofar there has not even been one word from a red name. And this has been going on for a long time, people have been bugging it, and petitioned it, and basically got told to go suck on their thumbs untill it gets fixed, with no ETA, and still no word from a dev that they are actually any closer to solving this.
    For me the lack of comunication is whats getting to me, I have not been tradeskilling since i found out i was missing recepies cuz whats the use in leveling when the recepies you really need end up missing anyway.

And yeah sure, i could ask someone else to make some infusions into a mana, but i didnt spend this much time leveling an adorner just to go ask someone else to make what i should be able to make myself.
  13. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Mizlek wrote:
    For whatever this is worth, I only found out I was missing one of the Di'zok plate armor recipes less then a week ago. Having said that, I also don't know how long it's been gone. I didn't have any idea until a friend asked if I could make her a full set for appearance. I also haven't checked my other characters yet.

Not all of my crafters are 90th, I don't know if I'll bother but I am somewhat curious now to see if any of mine that I've stopped playing for a while/aren't 90th also have missing recipes. They obviously wouldn't have a "full" book to start with. If I actually do bother I'll post if I think any are missing something.

Just to ask, when did people first start seeing this issue? I didn't know about it until again a few days ago.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Questions for those missing recipes, and while I'm almost positive this is not the issue, it never hurts to double-check:
    1) Have you tried logging onto a different computer and checking if the recipe is still missing? (Extremely unlikely, I know, but if it turns out to be a system issue then the devs wouldn't be able to recreate it without system specs.)
    2) Are you using a custom tradeskill UI, and if so, have you tried checking the character's recipes on the default UI? (Slightly more likely, if there was some minor change to how recipes are called that the modder didn't catch and which is causing small, random hiccups.)
    Again, chances are it's neither of these, but they're fast and easy checks, so we might as well clear them off the list.
  15. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    1) No, I only have it installed on one PC, but I do have a spare I built from older parts that I keep for company, I could install the game on that I suppose.

2) No, stock UI for everything. Only UI "mod" I use is EQ2 Maps.

If I do install on another PC, I'll log onto the one guy I know has a missing recipe and check, then post an addendum to this post.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    I first noticed the missing recepies Juli last year.
    Tried checking for the recepy from the hubbies comp, still no-go.
    Not using a custom tradeskill UI, so thats not the problem either.
    Checked if all preselects were empty, tried finding it through the jewelers table and straight from the book, the recepy remains awol
  17. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Kerane wrote:
    Ugh, since at least July? And no "redname" has yet to even post in a thread about it?
    That's...annoying. It won't scare me to not craft, I assume recipes would disappear regardless. (Who knows how long I had the one missing on my armorer, and if I'm missing others...). But maybe if they could at least make it so if a recipe from a book disappears, we can rescribe the book or something, if that is feasable. Or go through and delete recipes so we can rescribe a book and get them all back on books that have more then one (which is almost all of them really). Or something.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kerane Guest

When I petitioned it, the GM told me to check the patchnotes, check the knowledge base, and just wait it out.
    He also told me that it was no use for him to put the recepy back in the book, because it would just dissapear again.
    This tells me they have tried that approach, and found it didnt work. So even if you were to rescribe the books, if those recepies dissapeared on you once, they will do so again.

edited to say, i have been checking patchnotes and knowledgebase and nothing shows up, so yeah, great advice.
    Or maybe the entry in the knowledgebase suffers from the same bug? /sarcasm off
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Yes, the problem dates back from July or so when we had a huge fit of disappearing stuff on Test. We all had hundreds of missing recipes (random levels, random items, changing from one player to the next). There was a thread here and we thought it was fixed at the time. It seems it wasn't as fixed as we thought.
  20. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Kerane wrote:
    Well, it would depend on how quickly it disappears though. If immediatly then yes it is useless to be able to rescribe a recipe. But even if one can get one combine before it's gone again, it would be worth it IMO as a stopgap until a real fix is done. Okay, making dozens of consumable items (or just items to sell in general) this would be a waste, but making just one item, at least one could make the item for them if the recipe in question would last for at least one combine.

But oh well, so far (I think) I'm only missing one recipe, and it's not for an item that's common for me to make currently. Still is annoying and frustrating, and makes me wonder if/when more will drop. And if there's others missing I just haven't noticed yet.