*Ding Dong* Trick or Trea—AAAHHHH!!!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you're going to report 'facts' please get the correct facts. It has to do with the way the various bits of the content are linked together. It requires a lot of time and resource to unlink them so they work on TLE and so far this has not been done for NOTD.
    Dude likes this.
  2. Terrius Well-Known Member

First NoTD on Stormhold had no event at all. Most of the NoTD event required KoS and EoF to be unlocked before it could be used, so it wasn't until the second year in 2016 that stormhold had NoTD.
  3. Tabbyclouds Member

There was, as Terrius says, nothing on SH the first year. FG and Kaladim had the same as Varsoon is getting this year for their first year. It will be more next year I believe depending on what is unlocked by then. It is not laziness it is what you get on TLE.

When I started playing on Runnyeye/Splitpaw/Thurgadin, back in the day, we had no events at all. I chose to play on all the TLE's and wait til they were implemented and even played on Rivervale to try that style.

However, I have got fed up with starting again and again so am now back on Thurgadin and loving it. I can play all the events, I can stick to the lower stuff I know, or I can try out newer content when I like.

I don't raid. I love the events the most and also the tradeskilling, the collections, the Heritage Quests and decorating. There are so many facets to this game that whatever you like best you can find a way to play in that style. If you want all the events NOW, don't play on a TLE because it doesn't ever have them to start with.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I asked Kaitheel for years to add the snow globs to the merchant for Frostfell, and we finally got some on Kaladim, so maybe by the 10 TLE server we get better stuff to buy on that merchant like one of the witch outfits maybe.
    Would it be too much to ask for some more items for Night of the dead?

Adding the recipes to the merchants would not do you any good, because you need candy to make the stuff.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I looked and looked for Lil' Boo. I also looked in the 'All' part of the Qeynos map. both province and city district.

So, one of the smaller areas Lil' Boo might be in ?

What coin ? I have candy corn if that is what is needed.

Thanks !
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

so, to sum it up, even if you have to pay extra to play on a server... don't play it if you want to even have part of what the non-paying servers get... yeah cause that's a great idea!
    Kicas and Succumb like this.
  7. Tabbyclouds Member

In the tradeskill building opposite the bank. Next to the froglok that gives Grandmaster quests
  8. Coquine New Member

Seriously ? on Varsoon ... a merchant with 2 candle and 2 pumpkin and it 'all ???

Please remember ,we pay a premium membership to play on varsoon ..give us more please !!!!
    Kicas and Cheallaigh like this.
  9. Coquine New Member

I don't ask the same as live server but you can give us same as Kaladim !!!
    Kicas and Cheallaigh like this.
  10. Nebulline New Member

I'm so disappointed by the "event" :(:(:( Seriously... Just a merchant with few items ? I understand that you can't put all the quests because we don't have some zones yet, but why can we don't get those of Qeynos, Freeport, Nektulos ??? And shinies, recipes ? WHY ???
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, you do not. You pay exactly the same membership as everybody else on eveery other server that pays a membership. You opted to play on a restricted content server. So why is it that every holiday we have to put up with people whining about the restricted content? The holiday content will open up as expansions are released just like the rest of the content on that server. If you don't like having to wait don't play TLE.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, okay, I'll look in there. Map search didn't show Lil' Boo though.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there are 2 merchants in the trad skill houses, one for new items and another for the old ones, Hes in the back Geroblue .
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Oh my Ghoul! Some of you are certainly misremembering what TLE servers got their first year.
    And it comes like a dang boomerang EVERY TIME!

Varsoon will get more stuff next year, and it's not due to anyone's lazines, nor anyone's entitlement claims.

Have you guy not noticed you had the same meager merchant offerings in all Seasonal Holidays so far?

You will get more stuff with time, just not this time
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

okay, since some just don't seem to get it, so somehow think we're massively reaching above ourselves on the server... and i even went to live just to take a run through qyenos to just see the town differences.

• there is one merchant with 2 candles and 2 pumpkins and nothing else on varsoon, the town is completely undecorated
    • live? pumpkins, shinies, offers of costume changes, merchants and of course quests. it looks like a festival.
    • almost all the zones are currently available - of course we don't have LP yet, but we're also 60, so it's not like as someone pointed out the extreme level disparity they claimed either.
    • you don't have to pay to play live, you do have to pay to play on these servers, yes, that does make them a premium server
    • telling people to just not play on these servers, is telling people to not pay the company money and they do make a lot of money on TLEs.
    • adding min of the shinies, candies, recipes and hey decorations, does not give some massive change to the current gameplay. it's a QOL that also makes this server feel included and it's the minimum they should do.
    Nebulline and Kicas like this.
  16. Succumb New Member

Why does the content need to be separated at all? If we can't access the zones some of these special events are in, we can't access it. We know that. We chose the server knowing what it meant, and we are not so dense as to have suddenly forgotten we're playing on a TLE server.

I'm sure that's a much bigger question than it may seem on the surface, so I will point out that I'm not expecting someone to go into grand detail and share all their superior knowledge (though I know somebody is just itching to!), but rather to make the point that we're just asking for the basics and some cosmetics, the atmosphere, which is what TLE servers are kind of based upon, aren't they? The original atmosphere and feelings and experiences of the game that has kept us around (or coming back) all these years?

Cheallaigh's point is not that live servers got more (because, again, we know our server is limited. I promise we do.), it's that we got almost nothing. It feels empty and half-*****. Y'all dropped the ball for dedicated, paying TLE players. All of us.
  17. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Cheallaigh, we pay full price to be on Varsoon to play a TLE , and do it with full understanding that we will get .. less for our dollar.
    That said I honestly can't see why we didn't get the first in-city haunted houses for this event; the first haunted houses were located in Ironforge estate in qeynos and the bank of west freeport, both zones that we have ... why NOT open these?? it probably took more programing to prevent those from popping up this morning than it would take to allow them. What exactly would it hurt to give the full price paying customers a little bit of extra??
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it took much less programming to just nix the whole event from varsoon, and put in a simple merchant that has selected items.

The only thing that probably could be put on varsoon is maybe the recipes? since candy drops and items take simple low level harvests... But then again, as it was I think explained before with other TLEs, it would be a mess to try to untangle whole event into separate bits and pieces that fit current TLE content. They probably don't have time and manpower right now to recode everything. Merchant is probably the simplest, least problematic way to put it on a very young TLE without risking breaking something for everybody else.

By the way I totally get your complaints, I was one of you on first TLE, and not long ago on Varsoon itself.

(Whine and ye shall receive - tried and true, just no guarantee WHEN you receive)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

For all the people with incorrect information:

Tarinax opened in 2021. That year it only had a merchant. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/nights-of-the-dead-returns.601095/

Kaladim opened in 2019. That year it only had a merchant. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...starts-haunting-your-servers-tomorrow.590760/

Fallen Gate opened in 2017. That year it only had a merchant. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ghts-of-the-dead-is-here.581157/#post-6466808

Stormhold opened in 2015. That year they didn't get NOTD. You can see people complaining about it here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-18-friday-sept-25.563684/page-8#post-6257444
  20. Vonotar New Member

Can we at least have the Overseer quests on Varsoon, the quest giver is based in Nektulos Forest so no reason why they should be omitted from Varsoon.