Devs moved to Reddit

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kinya, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

The team was involved in the conversation. Then they removed most of the forums where they posted, starting with look and feel.
  2. Wanderingbat Active Member

THis was very well stated and I am sure it echoes what most of us think, which includes me, a 10+ year vet. Thank you for your well thought out comments.
    Tkia, Pipsissiwa and Feara like this.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Okay Deveryn but why say this...

When they really mean this?

4. Wanderingbat Active Member

Oh you are terribly funny, Deveryn. Love the little slap fight. Very well suited to the conversation. I actually remember that episode. lol As for the rest, you were not paying attention or you really don't "get" what I am saying. Fine. Call me what you will. But I still believe they need to respond to us here, not there where every little jackabot can step in and twist our meaning and enjoy making fun of us while we are diligently trying to make a difference in our game.
    Wirewhisker, Charlice and flameweaver like this.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I'd guess the devs are warming us up to some future announcement about the future of these forums
    Siren likes this.
  6. Prayos Well-Known Member

Small change? This is no small change. This is taking our community, which is a closed community(those who play the game), and exposing it to the wide world of Reddit, where every 12 year old with a computer has an opinion about your mother and the positions they used when they had sex with her. I don't want this change. No one with common sense wants this change.
    Tkia, GrunEQ, Siren and 9 others like this.
  7. Tion New Member

Reddit is the biggest hive of trolls on the internet, and has corruption everywhere; from moderators to admins to the CEO and equity holders... there's no way I'm going to even look at eq2 information on reddit, let alone post anything.

And for those thinking it'll bring additional publicity, there's no way anything from that tiny subreddit will have enough activity to hit the frontpage, so no one outside of the eq2 subreddit will ever see those threads, other than site-wide trolls. This smells like someone up high in Daybreak management is pushing this idea forward, despite what anyone else desires.
    Charlice and NickStern like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

So now instead of ignoring posts that a I'm 99% sure are innane, I have to read them and down-vote them? Just down-voting w/o reading would be irresponsible (not that plenty of people won't which will cause good topics that enough people 'don't like' to get buried).
    There is also zero organization on the Reddit page, making it impossible to find topics that I AM interested in. There's no easy way (that I've seen) to tell when new replies have been made to the topics I have managed to find that are interesting to me.
    The 'look' of the page is also.... very poor and uninviting.
    The settings/preferences I've managed to find don't seem to have any options to change the look of anything or customize at all...

The one reason I've seen officially given is the ability to up and down vote that makes reddit 'soo much' better then the forums. Even if that is so much better... I don't see how it makes up for all the other stuff that the reddit page does NOT do.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

A simple domain fix should have been done by now. But why bother if they're getting rid of them.

And moving to Reddit will inspire them to respond more? Can't see it.
    GrunEQ and Siren like this.
  10. AlienShine Member

I guess it's no different then posting server related messages on that Twitter.
  11. AlienShine Member

Every game now posts pieces of information on: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, Pinterest and some more (anti)social sites I'm probably not aware of.
    There is no more a central place to find everything, we can go to 10 different sites to get the complete picture. Not only EQ2 is guilty of that, it's like a trendy thing to do now.
    I canceled my old cellphone subscription through TWITTER because they had more employees there then answering the phone.
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Ironically, the threads dealing with the Beta seem to be dropping awfully fast on that reddit page. Maybe the beta should have its very own reddit page.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Loch Well-Known Member

I guess reddit does work then. All that talk of how reddit is great because what the players want to discuss "rises to the top for the devs to see" seems to be true after all.
    Siren and Wirewhisker like this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Or people are purposefully trolling it.

Fact is, I read it over, and all the better, more informed, and good feedback on beta is still happening on these forums and not on reddit. What we have here at the moment, is a flustercluck as people are not understanding where and when to give feedback about what.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

A lot of the class feedback on the beta forums is getting buried in silly personal digs and whines. I'm finding it so easy to cut a lot of crap out and sift through proper feedback on reddit. It's a simple matter of hiding each nonsense post.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I like that word flustercluck, might use it sometime.

It's not that people don't understand where to give feedback, it's (for me) a reluctance to make a bloody account on the site they WANT me to give feedback ON. Username EQPlayer Email Address noneof@yourbusiness.com for example is about the only way I'd make an account there. I'm just not into faking IDs so won't be bothering to post there either.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

There will be a remote chance that your fake email is someone else's real email address. They could get mail directed to you, and reply as if they were you, and maybe even take your account at some point. Just saying. You can always use the spam filter if you dont want to see emails.

Can't speak for mods and devs, but in general, constructive criticism, that is not accusatory, and does not call names, will probably get your point across in a way that is less likely to get your post deleted. Also, be realistic. The game was purchased by an investment company. Investment companies exist only to increase profits. Expect prices to start going up, as much as the market will allow. It's like the prices of SLR gear and kronos in the game. As long as people keep buying them, the sellers will say it is worth that price. So, if you really cannot afford it, it may be a time to tighten the belt and do without a few things. Maybe even turn off the computer and go outside to play. :)
  18. Bashem Well-Known Member

maybe they grabbed my first post and pretty quickly I might add and it was not flagged by mod to discus the matter just went poof from my history
  19. Bashem Well-Known Member

Says the guys making this post lol
    Siren and Wirewhisker like this.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If I'm spoofing an ID just to be able to give feedback on the beta of a DLC on reddit, anyone who wants that account is more than welcome to it. More power to 'em.
    Wirewhisker likes this.