[DEV] Please fix class cloaks

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Billyrayy, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Yahku Active Member

I have to agree with emphasis! I am no expert of all classes, but i see that some of the cloaks are powerful items, e.g. increasing the raid-DPS by 30-50 millions and others are plainly . . . uselsess. Speaking of the tanks, the cloaks are a very funny-and-sad story. Our guardian laughs about his cloak, the berserker also dislikes his and i only heard from a shadowknight that he is interested in his. I myself as a bruiser prefer to wear my Cloak of the Deepstrider (would like to exchange it with the rare-trash drop from raidzones of course) over the bruiser cloak - and i have both of them, the relic and the non-relic version . . .

Speaking about the bruiser effect i have to ask why a tank cloak comes up with a simple damage effect. I tested it and summing up one of my AEs is doing ~210% of its damage. Not that bad for the offensive spec (yes, i have one and i use it), but i still wear the Cloak of the Deepstrider because i do not want to swap adornments every time especially since a whole raid has to wait for me then (i only have one "8th purple set adornment" so its not that easy to just use a second adornment set). . .

Speaking about all tanks its more than just disappointing that all the tank class cloaks - rare and "mighty" items, "best in slot" - come up without any defensive stats. This is so absurd that nearly no tank wears his class cloak and a common group-content cloak is far better! If a revamp of the special effects is too time consuming, it should at least be that the tank cloaks have the same defensive stats as their counterparts without class effects, that is, mitigation and block chance!

By the way, the corresponding Tank-Cloak Issue in the Issue Tracker from billyrayy: EQII-508 - Fighter Class cloaks need block and mitigation
    Prissetta and -Soteria- like this.
  2. Nemee New Member

As a berserk i have the same opinion. It would be fine to have something more fitting for tanks on our cloaks, for example a boost for a defensive special. And the defensive stats are definitely missing on our cloaks. If you are a tank or have sympathy, vote for the related issue in the issue tracker!