[DEV] Now let's Fix RO / VC

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Cefur, May 10, 2016.

1. Ratitz Active Member

2. Mrmackyx New Member

Hello. I'm not trying to derail this thread which is
    about RO/VC and Pringlez extremely low parses but let's talk about something serious. Summoners. They need an "adjustment". Summoners were never meant to be T1 dps. They should consider bringing them down to swashbuckler's tier. As I just mentioned, I'm not trying to derail this thread which is about everyone calling for NARFS and Pringlez inability to parse. I'm just trying to get this thread back on track. Ty for your time.
    Ratitz likes this.
  3. Ratitz Active Member

Thanks Macky, this really needed a readjustment.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Personal Opinion: This is how RO/VC should work.

Bards charging RO should have it recorded based on how much damage is being done, including Fervor.
    Bards playing VC should have it do RO damage multiplied by Fervor.
    Groupmates triggering VC procs should not get their Fervor applied.

I'm only half awake and haven't fully thought this through, but yeah.
    Hiza likes this.
  5. Ratitz Active Member

Thats how it did work, save for the groupmate idea. But now it isnt taking fervor at all during RO. <--Which is the heavier of the two nerfs.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Right. But the groupmate nerf (I think) would be enough of a tweak to put VC in line with where it should be. I don't think it needed MUCH of an adjustment.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Personally I think VC should monitor the groups DPS over the 10s and give it all back to the Bard as a self only VC.

But then maybe I'm just bitter of Mimicry.
    Hiza likes this.
  8. Therein Active Member

In all honesty, the only fights where VC is a large portion of over all dps is fights that you don't need uber amounts of dps anyway. They're just epeen fights that don't matter much.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I think they took fervor off of the wrong side of all this stuff. It should factor into the "recording" portion, but then not be added again to the outgoing copy. That way, bards could still temp up fervor to record, which is how it works with literally every other stat buff, and seems like a total no-brainer with bow procs and all...
    Jrel, Absin, Errrorr and 5 others like this.
  10. Andreia Member

So any news? Fervor should really apply to RO, when bards use buffs and miracles... and not to VC since it's already registered, and it's a group buff, so it will be the same for everyone in the group. Also I think it's the way FB works now. That just makes sense.
    Absin and -Soteria- like this.
  11. Luciuz Active Member

Someone told me yesterday VC now procs off swarm pets' spells, is that true?
  12. Andreia Member

3 weeks... Maybe we could get an answer? Or a patch to fix this... Or no one cares.
  13. Taiyla Active Member

I care..... since the mages did a wonderful job with this thread and the subsequent nerf of our RO/VC. Would be nice if they would fix it so fervor counted on the RO portion and not the VC portion instead of the other way around. But I'm just a lowly bard who's only barely redeeming quality is a couple buffs now.
  14. Stixx New Member

Ya Taiyla, their stupidity know no bounds. They want bards so THEY can parse better, its always about them. I say to hell with them, keep your buffs to yourself, spec for your best personal dps. Drop rezzes from your spec if you're a dirge, J-cap and UT yourself... INT does you no good... We know when we aren't appreciated and just wait until there are NO bards raiding, then maybe, just maybe they will pull their collective big egotistical heads out of their *****... but I doubt it.
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Are you kidding??? I LUUUUUUURV my dirge-y pals!!! They make me (and others) look gooooood. But, then again, I know what they do....so...My appreciation is sincere :) While I have no idea how to make a good vc happen on my dirge, I do know that they are the bomb diggity for added damage. Don't give up Stixx. Someone out there just needs to give you a hug!
    Hiza and HaphazardAllure like this.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

This has got to be the worst game of dodge ball I have ever witnessed. Would love to to know why this is so much more effective than just removing the stat entirely?