[DEV] Now let's Fix RO / VC

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Cefur, May 10, 2016.

1. Cefur Member

Fervor works both on charging RO and then on using VC. This should not happen fervor should not double dip on spells or abilities, that is why none of the other stats affect those abilities directly.

Is this going to be fixed?
    Kraeref likes this.
  2. Lea Plath Active Member

I sense bitterness, but fair enough.

Does this apply to CoB and similar as well?
  3. Therein Active Member

Sounds like a salty enchanter. I am curious to see where this goes.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Feel free to remove fervor on VC as that Is where it needs removing, not on the RO charge itself.

But seeing as bards are already kind of meh, would be nice to see something given as part of that. Even if it's just updating bards base abilities so they are less trashy.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

Fervor shouldn't double dip, people seemed to be confused on just how powerful this actually is. Fervor takes your final damage and multiplies it by whatever your fervor is. Now if it applies twice it gets out of hand really fast for instance if you have 30 fervor and you cast fb it essentially takes what your normal fb is without any fervor and multiplies by 130% to get total fb damage before hit then once fb hits it multiplies it by 130% again. We saw mimic get extremely overpowered just by the 30% fervor gain of the heartbound buff. So essentially how mimic was working was most likely a beastlord spiking on his bow proc which was his normal damage multiplied by 230% then applying to mimic then that damage was being multiplied again by ~130% from the illies fervor. Esentially its final damage multiplying twice not fervor adding together then multiplying this is why it gets out of hand so fast.
    -Soteria- and Mogrim like this.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I agree. both of these need to be fixed.
  7. Ratitz Active Member

I disagree with the RO/VC needing nerfed. Besides, you are only getting half of the given VC as doubled, taking into account lag, player reaction time, and the duration of some fervor procs. And, its not like bards are topping parses, and one-shotting raid named with it. The mimicry fiasco was. VC with fervor is simply a small, personal boost in dps for ~6 out of 10 seconds, every two minutes. thats literally 5% of the time your getting 40% increased damage (given you dont have an ethereal ravaging proc) and ~140% if you do,and not to mention you still have time it right, wait for the proc, and is more subject to losing the vc due to strat changes, damage immunities, or death.
    This is by far and away NOT the thing that the devs need to focus their attention on. I think class balancing, itemization, and fixing the mechanics they tried to fix but then broke are higher on the priority list than decreasing bard dps by a small margin.
    And besides, you also have to take into account player skill as well. If you remember, (and most of you who have commented on this post will) i was keeping up with bards who had a fervor proc, while i didn't for the longest time. This isn't a "click one button when someone tells you to and win" scenario like mimic was. Please think rationally.

As far as Fiery Blast goes: please.
    Here is a single target, decent duration, uninhibited parse breakdown of one of the highest parsing wizards in the game.
    [IMG]notice how fiery blast isn't even the top of his parse? If you took out fervor, you would see fiery blasts damage be reduced by roughly an average of 40%. that would make it do ~10m dps instead of 15m. complaining about this is trying to get 5m dps subtracted from any given raid force. I hardly think that is necessary. All i see is T1 dps salt about warlocks' FC being "not what it used to be".
    While we're at it... Is no one going to complain about the drastic change to scout shadows? i feel like, if anything gets nerfed for being game-breakingly overpowered, it should be that, not minor dps decreases to classes that are already at a disadvantage in the average raid force. cuz right now, ranger OP.
    That is all.
  8. Montag Well-Known Member

Bards kinda suck right now so nerfs of any kind would be ill-advised. Tbh tho i dont think mimicry really needed nerfed. It wasnt hurting anything and its dependant on having someone worth using it on. Was cool seeing the enchanters spike ahead of the t1s here and there by piggybacking off their damage. And its not like they could do it by themselves. With the loss of relevance of timewarp and the continued crappy state of coercer dps, it was fine as it was. Coecer with better util and illy with better dps. Now really illy is down with bards and rangers not too too far from the border of obsolete.
  9. Troubadix New Member

Why not delete fervor as a stat and call it a good day.
    -Soteria- and DoomDrake like this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Realistically FB is fine, it's only made OP due to the Hammer. As do most abilities become OP.

Warlocks have nothing to complain about either, they are hardly in a bad place.

However bards/chanters - fervor shouldnt double dip for Mimicry or VC, BUT, they need to be given more utility to compensate. At the moment utility is seriously lacking for both classes.
    Azian likes this.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

Stats traditionally never affected abilities twice and trying to argue that fervor should shows how little you understand the mechanics of the game. Trying to bring up fc because I'm a warlock has nothing to do with this argument and shows how shallow your point of view is.
    Mogrim and Cefur like this.
  12. wazul Active Member

underline we talk again about balance no ?

before fervor, FB was an old ability, and serously cannot break a parse since dov.
    FB :
    - not insta cast
    - spell with double cast count like simple cast
    - only first tick in dot
    - no unda
    - no mb
    - 0dmg if target death before FB fade...
    etc......

Fervor wtih hammer : 6s duration, FB 10s. no prob.
    innate fervor : i think the 30% clicky 30 minute will be nerfed in few week....

now if FB need a patch, take all param in equation. For me, if we compare with recent boost offer to BL, scout, etc.... FB need count all dmg during 10s without exclusion. and yes, if we do that, we can correct double fervor and replace with a simple hit fervor.
  13. Ratitz Active Member

was more referring to mogrim. and technically. RO and VC are two separate abilities
    -Soteria- and Troubadix like this.
  14. Mrmackyx New Member

Looking at this parse, fae fire needs to be nerfed. Discuss.
  15. Vizjeri New Member

Looking at that parse, vc isn't even on there. Buff vc!
    Taiyla likes this.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Of course you wanted mimicry nerfed. Chanters steadily outpatient bards for two expansions. Who sounds bitter here I wonder?
  17. Axzsif Member

This sounds like another shot at the ignorance of many people not knowing how this company traditionally nerfs things. Here is a hint, they never make a smart nerf. In the 10 years of playing this game, every single time that a nerf bat comes in it destroys the class. People who cried about mimicry should of shut their mouths when they lost on a 30 second parse, cause 30 second parses dont count worth anything. When the fight went on for 10 mins the positions were balanced. In the same token, people who are complaining here should also shut their mouths. This is a stupid childish situation where "well if I cant have what I want no one can have what they want either"

The worst part of this, is it happens because the devs let it happen and make changes and bend to the will of the whiners. The idea of a utility class doesn't exist anymore. Illusionists and Coercers are not utility, take away their dps and it is better served to have those players reroll into necros or beastlords. Bards are the only thing left with anything remotely utility wise and their biggest utility is VC and you people want to continue to whine and complain... Yes I am a chanter, and I pissed off at the ignorant stupidity behind the Mimicry nerfs, I am more pissed that the devs were dumb enough to listen. However that doesnt give me a right to act like a dumb child and demand other classes get nerfed to.

If the only way you enjoy this game is by complaining till someone elses class is no longer fun to play. Please do the community a service and delete your toons and uninstall the game.
    Jaden, Taiyla and RedBB like this.
  18. Troubadix New Member

This is true RO and VC don't even share the same timer.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

To bring everything back to normal is to remove fervor from this game entirely.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. Taiyla Active Member

I think all the mages whining in the scout thread about bards should go back to their own thread or you'll find your group has no bard and therefore no buffs at all. Most bards have no hope of beating a mage on the parse. If your class is broken then make constructive comments in the mage thread and leave us alone. We have already been nerfed enough.
    -Soteria- and Ratitz like this.