[DEV] 100 Fervor ranged item for mages?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vlkodlak, May 18, 2016.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

Actually lol'd!
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Well, after the recent welcome change to class buffs stacking, I'd say it's fine now. I have little problem getting up to the 402 resolve required for HM Sanctifier. Just had to swap a few high stat Zek legendary pieces out for some (sadly terrible now) TOT raid pieces.
  3. Uyaem Member

Nope.
    Doesn't persist through death (chain failure, and we sure as hell don't need more sudden fake mechanics) and raid nights with less than 24 (double punishment of dps check and dps "nerf-by-resolve") still make Resolve in its current form something I'd rather live without.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

What do you mean "doesn't persist through death"? The buff certainly does.
  5. Yards Well-Known Member

The buff does not persist through death, it's easy to test. Invite someone to your group look at your resolve, use an exothermic lifestone and look at your resolve again. You will lose the resolve of the person dead. So basically in a hard hitting fight if 2 or 3 people go down you will be short anywhere from 30 to 45 resolve making it a raid wipe.
  6. Entropy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, of course. I was thinking he meant "buff turns off when you revive and has to be recast".
  7. Nero Active Member

I think you all are saying the same thing..

The buff is not "active" while the person is dead, however when they get a rez, it's not like they have to recast the resolve spell again. So it does persist though death, it just doesn't count toward the raid wide pol of resolve if you are dead.

So essentially, the only way to get around this at the moment is to shoot to be 10-15 resolve over the requirement to ensure that if 1 or 2 people are down, it doesn't result in an "auto resolve wipe. How easily you can get to 412 or even 420 is a whole another story.

Edit never mind... just did the math... a raid with 6 classes that add 15 resolve instead of 10 would give you 270, plus a fully raided out toon with a healthy mix of 6 and 7 resolve gear would only get you to 407.... and that's being generous as most people are lugging around atleast some gear with 4 or 5 resolve.
  8. Uyaem Member

Yeah we mean the same thing, I didn't word it right
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the last (bonus) mob in Zek yet and the other mobs are pretty easy from a healing perspective. Is there some hard pulsing AE from the last one that is leading to these "auto wipe" comments? Whatever happened to just getting people rezzed in a few seconds as per normal?
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

Auto wipe meaning if they plan on going forward with resolve as they claim they are, then auto wipes will happen with deaths. Right now they claim they expect you to be around 10 to 20 resolve short while attempting the higher resolve fights so unless they plan on making all the new content not hit hard at all, then when people die it will be a domino affect. The last name's ae hits harder than the cm one before it but its not as hard as say kraletus. The point I'm trying to make is if they make a fight hit as hard as kraletus with resolve being in the fight, it will be nearly impossible unless the resolve check is so low that when a couple people die you will still be over resolve cap.

The encounters in the game currently that require resolve are extremely easy as in they don't require any dps check or any heal check, it's simply don't fail the script and it will die.
    Hiza and -Soteria- like this.
  11. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

That's exactly what puts me off about resolve... heavily scripted fights can be interesting and fun to figure out the first time through, but in my opinion those get a bit stale if you have to farm a lot of them every week. A stiff dps check or heal check component to a fight starts off as a fun challenge, but then remains kind of fun to revisit every week as you watch your raid force meet the check more easily each time.

As a priest, nothing is more rewarding to me than a first time kill on a fight with a tough heal check. I'm worried they will shy away from challenging healers in upcoming content, precisely because of the potential pitfalls of resolve mentioned above.
    Hiza likes this.
  12. WeareLegion New Member

Sure would be nice to see any ethereal with fervor added to the mages. Why was this not considered, lack of foresight?