Destiny of Velious Crate!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

Probably because TLE servers don't get mentoring.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

uhh...
  3. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Tarinax had mentoring up until a couple days ago, when there was some sort of exploit. The EQ2 MOTD states that "mentoring has temporarily been disabled while we address an exploit".

The lack of mentoring has really hampered grouping and helping guildies catch up.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

So PVP gets special treatment on TLE too? Figures.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

So, what are these missions? Are there additional, unic rewards?
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Doesn't Kaladim have mentoring?

Not that I'm a fan of it on PvP servers because I'm not; it's used by far the most for many various but all equally outrageous forms of PvP combat exploiting, and I hope it never returns at all to Tarinax for these reasons.

For those who claim they only want to use it for leveling, using mentoring's 10% XP buff, you'd think Darkpaw would keep mentoring disabled forever now, to force people into the cash shop for XP pots instead.

They've already done exactly this to Tarinax's crafting since launch, by disabling the entire Tradeskill AA section of the game (which Kaladim got, even launching with vanilla), to shove crafters into the cash shop for crafting speed pots.

Edited to add Kander's most recent Discord statements on the Mentoring adjustments:

Kander — Yesterday at 2:52 PM

It means in pvp, assuming you are mentoring because you are higher level, that your stats will be capped at a certain tier. It will no longer be god mode for those who mentor down.

Kander Yesterday at 2:41 PM

In regards to Mentoring being disabled on Kaladim/Tarinax. The issues have become compounded with a few other problems, including the current mount issue/exploit. For PvP we are currently testing fixes that will limit stats while mentored and make it so you cannot leave a group while mentored engaged in pvp. We have a fix scheduled for our next update, which is the 22nd. We were unable patch it today, as we had time sensitive things in the hopper, and that would mean that all that would have to go live a week early. Thanks for being patient.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I disagree entirely. Our guild had no one using mentoring for PvP purposes. We have players that came with us from AB, which may all be on different RL schedules. If someone misses out on a few days, the folks they normally run with can outpace them rapidly...and that is exactly what happened. With mentoring, we could at least all group up on weekends and do something, which would hopefully catch folks up.

Since they have disabled mentoring, a good chunk of our players that were not caught up have simply taken a break!

I could easily mosey on up to 70, but had to slow my pace. Currently, I am working on alts and whatnot--as well as reducing my play time--because I don't want to outpace our core group, which includes my husband.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Your guild sounds very nice, but also different than much of the server. This is most evident not only in the tons of complaints from PvP mentoring exploit victims, but in the devs' (who have the data mining info) response.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I've mentored quite a bit, while helping others, in our guild and in pugs. We've had folks attack low players in group if we were too spread out in a zone. I've then killed the attackers, but it says I don't get any credit for it....so realistically, if they are trying to gank a low person in zone and someone hands them their butt on a platter, I figure that is their problem and they should review the buffs on the target before attacking. Reading is a skill. ;) Personally, I've not attempted to attack anyone while mentored, unless provoked to do so...there is no gain in it, unless you want to grief people. That's not my style.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Well then you'll be glad to hear that a very-nerfed-down version of Mentoring during PvP is making its way back to the TLs today, in fact. You don't attack others while mentored, but those who do (and who love to repeatedly grief hapless newbie greens and greys right off the server for good) are in for a little surprise. ;) They can have fun having the stats and power of a level 10 while mentored down to 10, etc., without being able to quit team after their team is in a PvP fight. :)
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Monnte New Member

Do you really think it's right to sell an PvP advantage for money? I mean Journeyman's Boots of Adventure.