Destiny of Velious Crate!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is not the Final Fantasy forums. Though, I expect Final Fantasy to lose a ton of population - more so than EQ/EQ2 - to Runescape Mobile. It caters more to the adolescent demographic. Runescape Mobile is probably why Final Fantasy has such a steep sale.
    Cataclysm and Melt like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Weird forum to post this on. The rest of us really don't care about FF.
    Obnoxa and Siren like this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

LOL, that's funny. In contrast to your adolescent comment, I'd expect the sale is due more to the coming release of Endwalker this fall, since pre-orders are already open... let alone the upcoming Square Enix event at E3. But sure, keep pushing whatever scenario you've imagined after a quick google search. I'm pretty sure an organization that has branched into partnerships for name brand merchandise is concerned about losing population to a mobile game.

If I was an Overseer though... I might be worried. o_O
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Why can't the mount be turned into a house item?? I thought all mounts could be. Why is this one different?
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Cordelia New Member

This is pants, absolutely nothing in this crate that you cant have in the Celebration crate bundle apart from the unique DoV items that A) You already had because you played that expansion or B) are useless cos you have no use for them.
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or you want to have something you had your eye on but might've missed out on; if the Celebration crate bundle isn't still available, that might be a reason to get another one of these sorts of things. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

think the crate was created with Kaladim in mind , and maybe Tarinax as a second thought , but when people asked if other servers could get the crate that was confirmed
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Perciful Active Member

No updated infusions make it a “no buy” for me.
  9. Yenk Active Member

Ok, this is a crate for Kaladim players.
    Does that mean, there will be no pack for the other players, containing the new Reign of Shadows Shrouded infusers??
    That would be very very bad... :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Madiya New Member

Are these items per character or per account.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

You get a box you can claim with all the items which are heirloom so you only get say one boots item but you can put it on another toon on the same account.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Trajan New Member

What about toons on different servers?

I have a Wizard on Skyfire, a Paladin on AB, a Conjuror on Thurgadin, a Necro on IoR and another Paladin on Test.

Do I have to claim the entire crate for one server, or can I claim the items individually?
  13. Momo Well-Known Member

I think this pack is nicely put together for us TLE players. Everything in it is usable AND useful for us, it is certainly good value. Please dear live players, dont be dissapointed - let us enjoy that treat, next one will surely be more tailored to your needs again. And to the team: Thank you for this!! Its much appreciated.
  14. Orionza Active Member

Hey all!

I saw this new crate and it looks great.

Were we given any warning that the old crate was about to go away? I didn't see anything. I really wanted that crafting machine in the old crate for a build I'm doing. I was excited to see this new one but upset that I couldn't get the old one. I know it was on a long time but (was hoping for a sale? because we had one on a previous bundle) and having a tough issue on spending our money, so I kept postponing.:oops:
  15. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I never saw a sale on those packs :( I have one old pack and I think the forge in this pack has same functionality as the one in the old pack just not as colourful ! Planning to buy the new one too soon :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Orionza like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

As far as I know the Celebration bundle is no longer available, people who didn't buy that or might want more have this now.

If you already bought the Celebration bundle on every character you might want this stuff on or just plain don't like the stuff offered in this one, then cool, this is not aimed at you.

And it really is something aimed at players on Kaladim (since they've no reason to purchase the current expansions) so it's made to be useful for them.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

one box
  18. Orionza Active Member

I could have sworn one was on sale before. Well maybe I'm thinking of something else. Thanks. I definitely want to get this one, but I'm pretty sad I couldn't have the look of the last forge because I didn't know it was going away.
  19. Trajan New Member

Sure, there was an Event Sale for the 15 year Celebration. This included a very nice forge which can be placed within a Guild Hall. There were a special 15 year EQ2 painting and a commission-free Broker crate as well.
  20. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I would to see a pack designed for current live servers - no reason there can't more than 1 pack available.