Dead Game? Where is everyone.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cleaner, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Or?

The wording of your post appears to be the first half of an ultimatum. I'm just curious about the unstated consequence of the stated portion of that ultimatum. For example, the latter half could be, "...or I'll go around kicking kittens," "...or I'll send a strongly worded PM to one of the devs," or even "...or I'll quit playing."

Please clarify your intent.

Back on topic:

Different people have prophesied the demise of this game over the last ≈ 10 years. So, according to the first ones to make that claim, it has been dead for around 10 years. 10 years is a short time in geological terms or in terms of the existence of a given civilization, but in terms of video games, a decade is anything but "quik (sic)."
    Lucus and Rhodris like this.
  2. baconlettuceandtomato Active Member

And /who all seems to only shows up to 100 people. On Oasis, a fairly lightly populated server, I've never seen it anything other than exactly 100.

A "/who total" or something to that effect would be nice. Is there such?
  3. Hyiero Active Member

Yes /who all has a cap, just like it did in eq, which i also think was 100
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

/who all 1 99
    /who all 100

Add them together. You can break that down more, each /who all, will only show up to a max of 100.
    Lucus likes this.
  5. Feytahl Member

Don't forget: /who all roleplaying

Game has been garbage for about 5 years. TLE servers may bring it back to life if they don't mess it up too bad, market the new servers and do mergers. They need to reward based on accomplishments, not this ridiculous hamster wheel grindfest every xpac, it's boring to us and lazy on their part. The fact that they've trivialized content under 95 with out of control stats and refuse to reitemize or beef up dps/health of lower mobs, they've made it to where the only challenge that remains in the game is how many played days you can grind tokens before you quit.

Personally I'll be on the PVP-TLE server, it'll probably be the only one thriving 6months from now because people won't vote for it to unlock past level 70 or 80 since this game has been a joke since that time and nearly everyone agrees on that fact.
  6. Mooney New Member

I think the reason that this game is in trouble is that everyone wants to fight by themselves with a merc. God forbid people actually group before they reach 100. And then only group with people you feel have the best armor, etc.
    There is no real incentive to do anything like group for lower level dungeons. And those dungeons that need at least a duo don't even get run. After a while it gets really boring to die, and die, and die. Everyone wants a healer for the raids, but the healers got left behind. We can't kill named even with a merc. I know this is really rant, but I am frustrated and discouraged. I have been playing for 6 years and love the game. But seriously would it be so harmful to your exp points to duo or group before you are level 100? We can't even buy armor that goes up for sale because everything is now heritage and we may not be able to get into the dungeon due to level requirements.
  7. Mooney New Member

8. Chrisworld Active Member

Hmm... There is another game that is 10 years old and pretty dead, I forget what game I'm thinking about is called...

Oh that's right, Guild Wars. But it's still playable because of AI henchmen you can grab before leaving the town. Dead game? No problem. the game literally runs on one server sitting on an abandoned rack mount somewhere but every inch of the game can still be done players or not.

Back to Everquest II though,.. Just grab a few henchmen before you go off adventu..... Oh.... wait.

Yes this post is sarcastic, the two games can't be compared.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Other players want you to have better gear than the zone drops to run the zone because of game design and over-scripting.

How can you get heroic gear if you can't do heroics?
  10. Mondego Active Member

Usually what has to happen with aged games is some serious mentoring, the real good players teach and if you don't, you're just a guy who hits buttons better than the guy next to you.

If your only goal is to be superior than everyone else, there's nothing wrong with that either, But in every pursuit or industry there are those who are the best but don't just settle for that, they pass it on to the next guy. People who make other people better around them. If you don't do that then it's kinda redundant complaining about how nobody is good enough to group with you, that just means you accomplished what you sat out to do and you're relatively alone at the top. Now all that's left is to hang around long enough to become a cancer.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

No longer the case, you can get wonderful gear from the advance solo zones, you just have to make an effort.

Looking up your profile shows you in mostly quested AoM gear, even the AoM hand crafted is better. If you aren't going to make an effort to better yourself, you need to stop complaining about zones you haven't gone into because you choose to remain in subpar gear. Your choice, no one elses.

And the Heroic Fabled EOF zones are just that EOF zones 90% tank and spank and 10% easy scripts. And the Fabled AS zones had that 10% easy script part removed and are plain old tank and spank.

I wouldn't suggest going in there wearing AoM quested gear though... upgrade that stuff first, I'm sure there are helpful crafters on your server willing to help you for a small fee.
    Avirodar likes this.