Dead Game? Where is everyone.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cleaner, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Cleaner Active Member

looks like SOE's Marketing schemes finally put the nail in the coffin, murder a game then sell it off quik. I logged on 3 different servers and the population was almost non existant. Swaped over to my main account mostly on butcherblock stood there for 6 hours LFG and tried starting a group.....well that didn't happen either. Primetime population jumped up a little but it was just raid guilds logging in to go on raid. I guess the idea of "Forcing" people into buying server transfers kinda backfired most just packed up and left.....i will be right behind them real soon if things get worse.
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Don't forget to send me your stuff.
    Regolas likes this.
  3. Eles Well-Known Member

Witcher 3 :p
    flameweaver and Siren like this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that you won't reach them in this manner, nor implying that posting about your discontent is wrong, but if your purpose is to provide feedback, wouldn't one of the more direct methods (such as /feedback) be more efficient? I mean.../feedback is like sending them an e-mail, whereas communicating with them via the forums is like sending a letter through snail-mail on the same day as everyone else sends one, and just hoping they get to yours. The only way that the forums is preferable to the more direct means is if your primary audience is meant to be other players instead of the devs.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

Well ain't it lucky they're planning to merge servers.
    Siren and Mildei like this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

It's summertime. population always drops during summer. kids are out of school, people going on vacations, doing outdoorsy things. and marketing hasn't done anything with 'selling off the game' or the like. SoE no longer exists. it's DBG now. the game was sold some time ago. and their big 'marketting ploy' to get people back in for summer was the 'only during summer Ethereal drops' that come in 'waves' of different weapons each month.

and just becuase you couldn't fine a group in 6 hours, doesn't mean a server is 'dead'. it could just mean no one likes you. it coudl mean that your just DPS #198283746 when all they need is a tank. or a healer. or your Inq 1028392 but they need a non-plate for a second healer. or that when you PuG, your rolling the dice, and if your server has a lot of decent guilds, they just don't group outside thier guild roster to avoid bad PuGs.
  7. Siegesx Member

Most servers are dead. trying to get a pug is lol at best. my advice, find some people to group with and stick with them
  8. Balbasur Active Member

Waiting for lvl locked servers
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

Well, I see one and a half groups chattering on forums instead of playin' in Norrath, meself ;)
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Game design is the problem with PuGs, not server populations.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Until We Felt Red Member

As a newer player leveling up, I'm happy there are a lot of bored level 100s with nothing to do but mentor me through dungeons and keep that AA bar moving. :D So it's not ALL bad news. :D
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Its not so much dead as extremely top heavy. As is normal for such an elderly game. Most vets have multiple maxed characters & crafters. While we wait on the next big update, there are the upcoming TL servers to be excited for.

That said, the best suggestion I can give you is to find as new a guild as you can. So you can level up with other people and see the whole game. Lot of good stuff out there for new folks if they can find people to play with.
    Leloes, Seefar and Siren like this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Try AB or Freeport servers; they're two of the more populated ones, although Antonia Bayle is very top-heavy (lots of capped 100s) so it may be harder to find lowbie groups there. Freeport server is much newer than the rest so there are more lowbies there usually.
  14. Cleaner Active Member

i logged in /who and wow 23 people on serverwide lmao
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

/who only shows who is in the same zone.
    /who all
    Siren likes this.
  16. Hyiero Active Member

Don't know if trolling....or just plain don't know everquest commands.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

People not making an minimal effort to gear up their toons and then failing badly in pugs, is the problem with pugs, not the game design.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

And to address the OP. There are a lot of people who took off from playing since Wednesday. Nice weather, vacation and getting ready for the 4th usually always sees the first week of July having lower numbers.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

Ex employee populating the forum threads with garbage posts, possibly?
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

They better hurry up with the server mergers.