DDOS Attack ongoing.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Deornwulf, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Veteranmyth Member

Lizard suidie muppets are not hackers they are just childish scum who hurt mostly gamers who just wanna have fun and play the games they enjoy. shame no company or government can take they aholes out so we can all game in peace :(

Thanks for getting servers back up and thanks for forum updates
    Spindle likes this.
  2. Veteranmyth Member

mine was like that and now its working...
  3. redindus Active Member

I am aware of that, the problems is that what are we going to do about it? We still have to becareful how to deal with this threats, even if we cyber attack them too. If we cant take them to court, there are three options...
    1)harass them like they did us, such of this actions wont get any where.
    2)ignored them and build a better gateway and be prepared of any internet attacks, this would cost a lot of money on tech/research.
    3)go over there and spank them, that mean hit them hard and should you let them live? of course not, they will do it again.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

letting everyone know that facebook review my report on lizard squad and chose to let their postings stand. so much for facebook having any decency at all. in spite of themselves being attacked in the past, they choose not to take a stand.

to me, if you are in a position to do something and don't then you are the same as the people who do the act. either you are part of the solution or you are part of the problem. i wish there was something more on an individual level i could do to help.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kelvani like this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

my computer logged in at the launch pad and continues to do so. wonder why everyone's isn't fixed. could it have to do with where you log in from? maybe part of the network is still down?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Lygerr Active Member

there is, you can stop assuming it was them and/or give them recognition even if they were the ones doing this. and now everyone will use it as an excuse, whether it be true or not, boosting their ego and causing it to happen more.

you deal with them as you would any normal troll, you stop feeding them and they will find another hobby.

afaiac this is just some bs and part of the transition of the servers to the new company, and random excuse #457 fits because it possibly has happened and there is media coverage to prove that it possibly may have happened, or not. and because people are already paranoid about the buyout this might reduce the paranoia.
  7. appathy Member

any ETA when it will be fixed for everyone :p still cant log in
  8. suka Well-Known Member

well, if they hadn't posted on their sites that they were going to attack, i might agree with you. as for not feeding them, they are in the media weekly. i have ignored them before now and it didn't help. they keep coming back. seems nothing we do or say on an individual level does anything.

like any other terrorist group, they will do what they want whether we acknowledge that they exist or not. to ignore them often means we are simply putting on blinders to what is really around us. just because i ignore the sink hole in my back yard doesn't mean i won't fall in it.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i am usually upbeat and positive. i apologize if i don't seem that way right now. i have a definite line between what i feel i should be positive about and what i feel i should be realistic about. i am positive the game will continue and daybreak will pull out of all of this and we will have a wonderful future ahead of us. i am realistic that there are bad people out there who would love nothing more than to see the rug pulled out from under us.

however, i am positive that in spite of them, we will persevere. to me that is the difference between being positive and being realistic.
  10. Meredithe_Soulsfire Member

Got in through the directory but it took a few tries.
  11. appathy Member

Login issues seem to have cleared up and services have been restored. Thank you for your patience!

some still cant get in be nice to hear something its like they said it was fixed and went home
  12. Ossuary New Member

Same issue here launcher just goes black.....
  13. icegator New Member

Same here launcher goes black and nothing . Are we still working on this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

i am sure they are still monitoring the forums and are still working on it. it wouldn't be the first time they thought something was fixed but it wasn't. won't be the last. i am sure they are still trying to get it resolved for those who can't get in
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

...don't use the patcher/launcher?
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

In your Everquest II install folder are three files; the launchpad.exe that we normally run, the Eq2.exe which you normally run when the launchpad doesn't work and EverQuest2.exe which I tried just now. EverQuest2.exe should work for you - it may take a while to load but wait a couple minutes if need be.
  17. Gulaep Well-Known Member

In your Everquest II install folder are three files; the launchpad.exe that we normally run, the Eq2.exe which you normally run when the launchpad doesn't work and EverQuest2.exe which I tried just now. EverQuest2.exe should work for you - it may take a while to load but wait a couple minutes if need be.
  18. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Okay folks Sarlic was right it's the Hosts file that's messing everything up. Apparently with this snafu Sony changed their IP addresses again.

Please follow these directions:
    • Open Notepad on you computer by right-clicking the Notepad.exe file and choosing "Run as Administrator" or by right-clicking your Notepad icon on your task bar (if you have the Notepad icon on your task bar) and when the small jump list opens, right-click Notepad and choose "Run As Administrator". Click "Yes" to any User Account Control window that opens up. This will open a new blank Notepad file.
    • At the bottom of the Notepad window that is now open where it says File name and then "Text Document" change "Text Document" to "All Files *.*" -- Now just leave this Notepad window open for a second and do the next step below.
    • Open any folder and at the top of the window is a View tab, click on that and check mark "Hidden Items". This will allow you to see invisible/hidden files on your computer. You can close the folder now.
    • Now, using the already opened Notepad window, at the top click on "File" then select "Open".
    • Navigate to your operating system folder, for most people this will be the C: drive. Select that. You might have to actually click on it to expand and show all the folders inside the C: drive.
    • In the C: drive window scroll down and open the folder named "Windows"
    • In the "Windows" folder scroll down and open the "System32" folder
    • In the "System32" folder, scroll down and open the "drivers" folder
    • In the "drivers" folder open the folder named "etc"
    • Open the "etc" folder and you should see a file near the top that says "hosts". Select the "hosts" file and click open at the bottom of the "open file" window. Resize the Notepad window so you see everything neatly displayed.
    • Don't worry about all the text and #'s you see at the top, just scroll down until you start seeing numbers listed on individual lines. If you have anything listed that has anything to do with Sony/SOE etc, then just click at the front of the line and insert a # before the numbers (ip addresses).
    Here is an example of what you may find or actually have listed:

Code:
    #64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    #64.37.170.20 lvs-recap-01.station.sony.com
    #64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    #69.174.202.136 account.station.sony.com
    #69.174.204.11 forums.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.32 assets.daybreakgames.com
    #63.140.62.141 smetrics.soe.com
    #64.37.171.29 auth.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.22 planetside2.com
    #64.37.171.22 [URL='http://www.planetside2.com']www.planetside2.com[/URL]
    #64.37.171.45 everquest2.com
    #64.37.171.45 [URL='http://www.everquest2.com']www.everquest2.com[/URL]
    #93.184.215.248 eq2.patch.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.39 census.soe.com
    #64.37.171.15 data.soe.com

I put #'s in front of all those.
    • Save the "hosts" file you just edited and close all the windows you have open.
    • You should now be able to run the launcher like you normally do.
    Best of luck and happy gaming!
  19. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Okay folks Sarlic was right it's the Hosts file that's messing everything up. Apparently with this snafu Sony changed their IP addresses again.

Please follow these directions:
    • Open Notepad on you computer by right-clicking the Notepad.exe file and choosing "Run as Administrator" or by right-clicking your Notepad icon on your task bar (if you have the Notepad icon on your task bar) and when the small jump list opens, right-click Notepad and choose "Run As Administrator". Click "Yes" to any User Account Control window that opens up. This will open a new blank Notepad file.
    • At the bottom of the Notepad window that is now open where it says File name and then "Text Document" change "Text Document" to "All Files *.*" -- Now just leave this Notepad window open for a second and do the next step below.
    • Open any folder and at the top of the window is a View tab, click on that and check mark "Hidden Items". This will allow you to see invisible/hidden files on your computer. You can close the folder now.
    • Now, using the already opened Notepad window, at the top click on "File" then select "Open".
    • Navigate to your operating system folder, for most people this will be the C: drive. Select that. You might have to actually click on it to expand and show all the folders inside the C: drive.
    • In the C: drive window scroll down and open the folder named "Windows"
    • In the "Windows" folder scroll down and open the "System32" folder
    • In the "System32" folder, scroll down and open the "drivers" folder
    • In the "drivers" folder open the folder named "etc"
    • Open the "etc" folder and you should see a file near the top that says "hosts". Select the "hosts" file and click open at the bottom of the "open file" window. Resize the Notepad window so you see everything neatly displayed.
    • Don't worry about all the text and #'s you see at the top, just scroll down until you start seeing numbers listed on individual lines. If you have anything listed that has anything to do with Sony/SOE etc, then just click at the front of the line and insert a # before the numbers (ip addresses).
    Here is an example of what you may find or actually have listed:

Code:
    #64.37.171.24 lp.soe.com
    #64.37.170.20 lvs-recap-01.station.sony.com
    #64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    #69.174.202.136 account.station.sony.com
    #69.174.204.11 forums.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.32 assets.daybreakgames.com
    #63.140.62.141 smetrics.soe.com
    #64.37.171.29 auth.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.22 planetside2.com
    #64.37.171.22 [URL='http://www.planetside2.com']www.planetside2.com[/URL]
    #64.37.171.45 everquest2.com
    #64.37.171.45 [URL='http://www.everquest2.com']www.everquest2.com[/URL]
    #93.184.215.248 eq2.patch.station.sony.com
    #64.37.171.39 census.soe.com
    #64.37.171.15 data.soe.com

I put #'s in front of all those.
    • Save the "hosts" file you just edited and close all the windows you have open.
    • You should now be able to run the launcher like you normally do.
    Best of luck and happy gaming!
  20. Edlyn New Member

I tried this but there are only 2 things listed in the hosts file and soe is not one of them. HELP please. :(