DBG..half your eq2 population are not ready for experts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arieva, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Well-Known Member

Number of characters that have completed these achievements worldwide:
    • Defeat Neh'Ashiir (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 204
    • Defeat the Dread Wraith (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 343
    • Defeat Tzirathk (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 349
    • Defeat A Spectral Beguiler (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 417
    • Defeat A Residual Slime (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 458
    • Defeat Ongnissim the Unseen (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market - 481
    • Defeat the Algae Fiend (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market - 481
    • Defeat the Torsis Champion (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market - 490
    • Defeat Merchant Caniz (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market - 534
    • Defeat Wraith of Jaxion (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market - 547
    • Defeat Grand Master Glox (Expert) within the Ruins of Cabilis - 619
    • Defeat War Baron Eator (Expert) within the Ruins of Cabilis - 621
    • Defeat War Historian Kobl (Expert) within the Ruins of Cabilis - 621
    • Defeat Smithy Xzatik (Expert) within the Ruins of Cabilis - 624
    • Defeat Sentinel Goor (Expert) within the Ruins of Cabilis - 646
    • Defeat Haggle Baron Dalnir (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop - 819
    • Defeat The Enchanted Sword and Shield (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop - 847
    • Defeat The Frenzied Feeder (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop - 874
    • Defeat The Googantuan (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop - 963
    • Defeat Xerxes'Kade (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets - 1,084
    • Defeat Naamah'Fah (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets - 1,088
    • Defeat Iacopa'Lahah (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets - 1,091
    • Defeat Tabor'Zaai (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets - 1,095
    • Defeat Kael'Val (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets - 1,179
    • Defeat The Kly (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber - 1,060
    • Defeat Izzak Sira (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber - 1,165
    • Defeat Rector Droz'Kzar (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber - 1,290
    • Defeat Lachina, Defender of Magics (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - 1,635
    • Defeat Caelan'Gael, Keeper of Growth (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - 1,637
    • Defeat Sabellah'Xen Keeper of Fire (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - 1,641
    • Defeat Queshaun, Keeper of Pestilence (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - 1,655
    • Defeat Zaida'Rai, Keeper of Passions (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum - 1,696
    • Defeat Over-General Vihgoh (Expert) within Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold - 2,095
    • Defeat General Janosz (Expert) within Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold - 2,130
    • Defeat Colonel Gozier (Expert) within Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold - 2,143
    • Defeat Major Eghonz (Expert) within Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold - 2,261
    • Defeat Captain Vhankmin (Expert) within Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold - 2,286
    Expert Event Heroics
    • Defeat Chatizad and Zannaska (Expert) within Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated - 1,368
    • Defeat Chatizad (Expert) within Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated - 1,389
    • Defeat Sorceress Gwen'vae (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Vessel of the Sorceress - 2,319
    • Defeat The Armor of Sul (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Vessel of the Sorceress - 2,402
    • Defeat The Crystallized Construct (Expert) within the Arcanna'se Spire: Vessel of the Sorceress - 2,404
    • Defeat The Gooblin King (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Wizard's Den - 2,375
    • Defeat Nazkra (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Wizard's Den - 2,494
    • Defeat the Rock Collector (Expert) within the Crypt of Dalnir: Wizard's Den - 2,698
    • Defeat The Meld of Haze (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,198
    • Defeat The Mist Reaver (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,197
    • Defeat The Meld of Vapor (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,233
    If it's truly 10-20% that are doing these zones, then there are between 16,165 and 32,330 level 100 EQ2 players with any interest in heroic content.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Oh and as for Challenge fights in Expert Heroics, you're in a pretty exclusive club:
    • Defeat Neh'Ashiir (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 12
    • Defeat the Dread Wraith (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 84
    • Defeat Tzirathk (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 118
    • Defeat A Spectral Beguiler (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 210
    • Defeat A Residual Slime (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants - 410
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

Feldon, I feel like you need to reread the quote you quoted me on.

"The expert zones are trivial for the top 10-20% of people that play this game" not "10-20% of the people that play this game are doing these zones".

According to your numbers there, that looks like a lot of people are geared up and ready to run some ethereals! Good to see!

• Defeat The Meld of Haze (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,198
    • Defeat The Mist Reaver (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,197
    • Defeat The Meld of Vapor (Expert) within the Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple - 3,233
    And that's if NO ONE new gets dragged along with any of those 3k+ people that ran those zones previously. I'd wager that a lot of people gave up on running these experts because they were too hard for them when they came out. Good news to those folks, the combat mit on the mobs in these zones has been reduced since they were introduced! Get in there and make sure you still aren't able to complete them before you come here complaining about it!
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You think its worthless I disagree. And my cloak rune is Relentless Conviction...

And since we are comparing EQ2U stats... and giving advice...

How about you reforge some of that flurry and reuse speed into strikethrough?
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

Most cloaks are only really usefull for raiders anyway
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

There is no way those numbers can be correct. I've killed Neh'Ashiir with more than 1 group of completely different people... No way have I completed that zone with the only 11 other people in the world that have completed it. I think the reporting on those achievements must be wrong. Seems to me that if your character is not sharing to EQ2U, you probably don't share achievements with the site either? And a LOT of "elite" players have their characters blocked.
    Mathafern likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

As much as I like it when people go to EQ2U, look up top raiders, and clone their AA specs, people forget that in a raid environment, a player can expect to be capped on stats that they might still need in a heroic setting. A top raider AA spec may also be tuned for survivability against massive hits that don't happen in heroics.
  8. Kioske Well-Known Member

You can swap relentless conviction to a weapon and remove utter annihilation. You can disagree, and that's great, because it's not my character to gear. Just offering a suggestion. You're more than welcome to take my suggestion and throw it in the trash ;)
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Well yes if you are hiding your character from Census, then it will not show in that data. Outside of those few who are avoiding stalkers or in-game harassment, I can't help it if other people are paranoid or hiding misdeeds.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Already did, but thanks anyway.
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Yep, let em keep hiding those toons, lol. That is what allows newbs like me to be on Worldwide Leaderboards for Max Magic Hit ;)

They can steal your build all day, but they can't play their toon the same. Just my 2c.
    Kioske and Prissetta like this.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

But for exemple

The warden rune that gives raidwide sandstorm is almost uselesd to a non raider.

And when i talk to people, some raidrrs don't even want to grind that cloak. If u can do t4s without it ... u don't need it and the grind is awfull.
    So people who can't do, be blessed :|

Will not be a fun EQ2 summer

To me the issue is that most people will run 3 experts and then just leave game for the day. Nothing more nothing less
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

The "raid wide sandstorm" might be useless if you don't raid, but odds are if you don't raid you didn't get the 5 fervor rune from last expac's raids. So the 5 fervor on the rune wouldn't be useless. +1% Ability Doublecast is pretty legit too
    Snikkety likes this.
  14. Stach Well-Known Member

Let me tell you all about last night, 4 of us none raiders, went to do the event experts, all of us a pretty well geared, but do not raid at all. we picked up 2 other people AFTER asking a bunch of times. made it through the Monkey in the waterfall, but could not do the next mob at all, just not enough dps, So we left that one to do the the spire event heroic, picked up two others as the first two were locked, and we did it after being killed 4 times.

and this is the problem with experts, if your just a casual player that has been playing regularly since the start of expac, and have most of the stuff from all the doable drops AND have not bough SLR gear, your still not able to do experts with 1/3 pug group that easily.

so only 1 coin for the whole night.

DBG needs to rethink this or you will have more people dropping out
  15. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

No very very wrong my frind we loose and we loose again.

If wearing this ckoak we lose one more purple addorn slot wich is needed to have a good and usefull rune setting thats the biggest mistake and DB did and do it again and again.

And yes for cassual gamers its realy hard or nearly impossible especialy in picup groups.
    For me i wont run picup with my 6 Raid/ Well geard Toons because of what the player before me has said.

Many players are trying to do the experts with toons which arent ready to do this anyway and many of them dont know how to play a script oder use the rising tide to max DPS.

I wont runin my mind with these picups if ia can do more Dunges in less time with my Guild or Raidforce and well known players were all knew whats the mission and how to ply thier toons and at last being on TS for comunication.

The Summer ETH atm is a thing for Highend Content players which are not the most players o would say its less than a half of the server population we have atm.

All cassual gamers wont have a benefit from the ETH and in my opinon the players who arent playing highend content dont need this stuff for playing.

Same thing at the EPIC 2.0 ist nice to have for a freetime player but not nessecary , for all who raid it is a must have.
    And get me wrong its a personal thing to do the EPIC 2 but if you do prepare the toon to be ready to do the stuff you need which means a crap toon dont need to start the EPIC 2.0.
    I am the last who wont help at the EPiC 2.0 but its a tourture for everyone who is helping if the char who do EPIC 2 is crapy as hell.
  16. Mathafern Well-Known Member

The census data is not useful because of hidden profiles.

True that some AA specs are only useful in raid- oddly, people tend to label these "raid_spec" etc. So confusing.
    My current spec is good for heroics. Any SK out there can take it and blow stuff up.

ANY call that the devs make can be spun as divisive and driving people from the game. If you have heroics drop the coins you'll hear from raiders whining that now no one will group with them because they're off soloing heroics again. ;)

Seriously- experts are a REASON TO GROUP. Celebrate that. There will be pain for a while maybe but as more people run experts, and get gear, and maybe get good- there will be more and more groups. You just have to make that choice.
    Snikkety, Earar and Kioske like this.
  17. Mathafern Well-Known Member

To the person running wiz den with a noob group- that is not a zone to start with. Start with spire. Spire. Spire!

As to dying 4 times... good work! And next time, maybe only 3 times... or less. Once you know the zone, it gets easier. You can pre-kill golems btw as you wait for the first name to spawn. That may help. Also, stay in the small room till 50% on the last name, and save ascensions for after 50%. Dispel when tall!

Spire event is where people should be starting IMO. Some nice wrists in there and a couple armor pieces. You'll get more resolve and come back and do better.
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. Kioske Well-Known Member

Get in the LFG channel, run a PUG with these so called "elite" players that are the only people who are able to complete the zones, when you see how "elite" they are, ask for pointers. You'll learn that there are a lot of nice people that play this game that are willing to help out and teach.

If you're one of those people that refuses to join a PUG that is LFG, and your super casual family guild heroic group can't do the experts, well then I've come to the end of advice I can give you. If you only play this game for the same 4-6 people you group with every single day, and you're unwilling to branch out and meet new people, well then this event obviously isn't for you, and for that, I am sorry.

FYI, I learned how to play my toon(s) by joining PUGs filled with top tier players of that class and reading the ACT logs to see how they did it, or just asking simple questions. Come on over to HoF server and I will run every damn one of you through experts if I am on :p
  19. Kioske Well-Known Member

20. Stach Well-Known Member

Nice troll, we are not a noob group, we were 4 people that know how to play and have good gear, just adding 2 people who were not as well geared as us caused us to not able to do the zone, we have done the zone before, there will be no way unless you put together a group of characters that are well geared to get through this zone, leaving 1/3 of the population sitting on the sidelines will guarantee this game gets shut down. But thanks for the Troll :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.