DBG..half your eq2 population are not ready for experts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arieva, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arieva Well-Known Member

So why on the world would you make the event meant to keep the live population entertained over the summer expert only? A good half of this game population is bad at pushing buttons guys..or just undergeared for experts. That wont stop these players from trying to complete their daily ethereal runs....but it will breed the WORSE pick up group situation this game has seen in years. I saw it today in two of the easier expert events. Finally had to yell at one player to just stay down because they were 80 resolve under and group leader didnt catch it as he set up his group. As someone who is trying to join a pug and complete 3 experts a day do you have any idea how frustrating this makes live gameplay? I had to quit after two zones and there is no way i can take 3 months of this.

Its not fair to tell half your playerbase they suck too much to take part in this event. And its not fair to those that do meet the requirements that they have to deal with those that dont in these zones. Please consider reversing your decision on making these earned in expert only.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The game is not about fair. Ethereal rewards are powerful objects, and it is not intended that everybody and his dog get one. /shrug
  3. ColdPlaya New Member

after goofing around doing some crafting, i was reading the chat....i think its more than half im afraid. i think i saw 4 pug groups formed with min gear spec requirements and they was having trouble filling the groups. so if its that scarce in general chat i can only imagine 1-2 groups from each guild on average running them. Anyways ill always check back in here and there to see if something positive happens until then ill remain F2P and will be beta testing Ashes of Creation Rwar. You should sign up and hopefully get a random beta key.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

I have no problem running experts. I have a regular group that will be farming them daily. I also believe restricting ethereal coins to only expert zones is a bad idea.

Expert zones should offer more coins, so those who do them will acquire the gear faster, but regular heroics should still give coins. Maybe 1 for a heroic zone (max 3/day) and 2 for expert zones (max 6/day), doubled for members.
  5. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The same elitist view you had on the PG gear... and low and behold DBG gave those not as good as you another way to achieve many of the rewards.

What has been refreshing to see is the occassional acceptance that it is not good to isolate part of your community. Options are great.

Hence instead of your flat denial of any entitlement by other players who are not up to your standards.. I like it when players like Malleria in the following post suggest good solutions.

6. Redlight Well-Known Member

If it was fair BIS would be from raiding T4 but they're not so let's include everyone and be done with it, Gnoma
  7. Konc3pt Active Member

people are so entitled these days
    Snikkety likes this.
  8. Altho Well-Known Member

I'm tired of getting removed from pug groups cause they are mostly all raiders, and I can't keep up my dps with theirs. I would love to be able to participate in these events, I know if I dont get my class rune and atleast the first cloak not many will even want me in their group going forward after the events are over. So whats the point anymore
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Last summer, the Ethereal promotion did not dissect the player-base. Those which could run ToT Heroics were able to work towards Eth items. Some zones were harder than others, like MC and SK, hence the lower geared could not earn as many coins. They could still get something, perhaps, from the summer promotion and keep working to catch up. I'd thought the Summer Ethereal promo was to promote players returning to the game and keeping those in-game active. Most of the items get trumped next expac anyway. Why not encourage more to participate?
  10. Kouzatc Member

I know a lot of folks will get mad at me saying this, but this gives those of us who have geared already something to do. I would like to see the process of catching up to end game content shortened (as I have said many times before) but , to be frank in our guild we can DUO (in some cases SOLO) heroic zones, if they made these a regular heroic grind, it would just turn into a 15 minute daily run for us that feels more like a chore. I am looking forward to the challenge.
    Snikkety likes this.
  11. Redlight Well-Known Member

If you can solo/duo heroics then experts are not a challenge so I fail to see your argument.
    Livejazz, Kittybock and Malleria like this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

If you're not ready to run expert zones, you're not ready to get the ethereal BiS gear pieces. Pretty simple. Get geared for Experts and then get the "expert" gear. Ethereals have become a joke. Every single person was wearing all of the ethereals last year, and it took away from the "Pride" of owning one. Was just another piece of gear to grind and get. Used to be a thing when BiS gear was something someone would inspect you for and say "wow where did you get that awesome piece of gear?!" Now everyone has it.
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

There hasn't been pride in gear for years..
    There hasn't been pride in heroic gear for a few years now, and I do not think it is returning. Everyone is wearing cookie cutter gear.

And even our devs don't entirely agree with you on the point I bolded above...

[IMG]

One requires doing solo quests, the other having a huge amount of luck.
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is not like we have one event per year. There are plenty events happening. Some are for expert players, others are for everyone and some are for novice players. For instance we have just had a "double experience, double loyalty" event or something like this recently, hadn't we?
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No this is pretty much the only "group together and get nice stuff" event period.
  16. Jabbso Active Member

We do for BIS items and this is it. I was really looking forward to this event and was very disappointed when I read Experts were needed to cleared to get the Ethereal rewards.

Tried my first Expert last night with a family guild group that hadn't done one before. We killed the first named brute but wiped a few times on Nazkra and as it was late we called it.

We all have our epic 2.0 and the resolve but no better than heroic loot between us which gives us approx 20k potency. Stuff takes an age to kill and it isn't much fun. It's going to be a long summer, I get the feeling that some might prefer to spend it sat outside with a coldy instead of being frustrated infront of a computer screen.

I really want to develop this toon but the constant hoops I've to jump through in KA to do so is definitely taking its toll!
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

Seriously? lol

Ethereals have been available to everyone every single year prior to this. You could do the stupidly easy heroics and still get ethereals before, why not now?
  18. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

"Bonus XP/Tithe and Double Status Weekend May 26-19th"
    It is not exactly recently, but yeah, we have it from time to time :)

I'm not sure why people are in hurry to get top gear anyway. As soon as you get top gear you have nothing more to achieve and you stop playing. There are only two other options that I know of. Either grinding or having an expansion packed with the brand new content that can keep you playing for months. The last option is obviously the best one, but keep in mind that it is quite difficult option if not impossible. Otherwise anyone can create a new MMO full of new and better content to keep you busy for months.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Well, OP complained about event that was not useful for him/her. He/she was not happy with it saying that he/she would prefer another type of event. What I wanted to say is that DBG creates different events regularly and one can select another event to participate in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.