Darkness Dawns comes early...with more!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i agree- it take some of the excitement away from the veteran rewards. although i would love to have some of them, i would have been ok with waiting for them even if it took 5 more years to get the house. I guess with all the prestige houses out they might not see it as being so enticing. from the looks of it, i would say the " i want it yesterday" mentality won out over the "please don't demean the veteran reward system" pleas of this forum.
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I am a relatively new player as vet rewards go, and therefore one might think I would be all for this. However much as I like the idea of receiving say The Orb of Concentrated Memories for ten days worth of work, I do think this diminishes the sheer amount of time other players have put into the game. I like one of the previous posters ideas of a differently named item with a longer reuse timer say a 10 day instead of a week that way an existing vet could have both. This would give said vets an even greater reward for their time spent and not cause the anger that the current system is sure to do.

That said I can get the Orb, but not the hammer? Tradeskillers forgotten again /sigh.
    suka likes this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

yeah or put flags on people so that you can get this if you have already put the time in to get it like they do items on certain vendors that are repeats of quest rewards. and soe seems to be determined to undermine tradeskillers in every way to the point of making us obsolete
  4. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

As a player who's put so much time into the game, I really don't see how this diminishes anything. With patience I get all of the rewards for all my characters at once, and the time I put in for one year's rewards is also credited towards the next year's rewards. And it's not like I've actually spent this many years playing the game - there's been plenty of times I was barely able to log in 2-3 times a month, let alone a week. Under the vetran system, it doesn't matter what I did in game or how much time I dedicated to it. Just the fact that I was paying my subscription entitles me to this reward.

With this system people have to log in, have to do something, even if it only takes 10 minutes, have to decide which reward they want and for which character they want it, and if they want a second item or for another character, they have to start over from the beginning. I think that's a fair exchange; people can either be patient and pay their sub for years, or they can log in every day for a month to earn a fraction of what the wait will get them immediately.

I am disappointed that the orb is there but not the hammer though. Unless they're only releasing vetran rewards more than a certain number of years old? I don't remember when the hammer was awarded, but I know it was after the orb. Except I think the elemental disks were rewarded after that?
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If you mean the hammer that restores tradeskill vitality, I'm pretty sure I saw it there this morning. When I can get logged back into the game I'll double-check that. Currently can't get past char select screen on live. Time to go see if Beta's login servers can now be found.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Finally got logged back into Beta. Hammer of Adept Hands is on the vendor for 10 tokens.
  7. Fictional Reality Active Member

Everyone with a gold subscription should have access to all Veteran Rewards. Why you may ask? Because this game is OLD and a new EQ game is on the horizon so who cares.
  8. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

In my opinion, they cheapened the vet reward system when they allowed the vet timer to continue whether you are subscribed or not. Basically, anyone who opens an account, doesn't have to pay a dime, or play at all, and just gets to keep collecting vet rewards through the years. You don't have to support, or be loyal in any way to this game to get the vet rewards, you basically just have to have a pulse lol. At this point, why "not" put them on a vendor? I do hope that the loyalty program rewards those actually supporting the game, be it through sc, or subs, but I guess we'll see.
    suka likes this.
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, must have missed that when I made my list.
  10. Emms Member

You shouldn't need to wait exactly 9 years for 9year reward, earlier expansions add about a year together atleast. My new free2play account could claim 1year veteran award when I looked as those expansions are free now.
  11. Emms Member

I haven't beta tested or looked at test server. But as some seams to like to bash ppl who feedback on updates on live servers I thought I add my idea.
    I did open up my EQ2 account about 4 days after launch, I'v since in a gap of subscription lost about 3 more days so I get the newest veteran rewards about a week after my husband do. I don't share the opinion and perspective that a seen on a a few veterans in this thread, I don't feel the need of the veteran rewards to be that exclusive. Why would I not want a new player to get Call of the Veteran so they also be able to use a such a practical item!
    I like the veteran rewards and I really like to receive new ones each year and I'm hoping for a nice item to come up in November, but the item I will get won't give me any less joy just because more players get to enjoy it! For each veteran reward I get to claim one per charecter then perhaps the buyable ones should just be one for one character and if you want it for one more character you have to collect tookens again. It seams like a good perk that I get to claim one per character while other have to wait or work for tookens for every charecter!

The value in game a are fleeting, the handfull of plat I'v had during DoF wouldn't buy me much today, and the gear I had won't protect me from many mobs today. What value I have got from that time is so many memories and thus memories are more important then any veteran reward. For me the EQ2 community is about having fun together and meeting ppl, for me this game looses value when the community should be divided in one group that are appointed privileges and an other group can't access other them waiting many years! I think anyone that buy a gold subscription should have the possibility to work towards privileges, the game is called EverQuest2 and for me that don't mean I am entitled by account age! EQNext seams to be around the corner, so to wildly speculate is it then really nice to say to new players, no you have to wait 7 years to get that item that also might have lost all value in 5years due to game features we can't imagine now and also a new game that ppl left EQ2 for, why not let everyone enjoy and have a nice playing experience now?

Personally I do my research assistants everyday and I hope the traidskill daily will be good to combine with my assistants. I hope I don't have to zone out to get a quest, zone back to craft then zone to turn in quest. I hope daily tooken is awarded for doing research assistants task or it be access able as a quest from a ingame window. Or if it's a NPC giving tradeskill tasks perhaps the vendor could sell a spell so that I could summing the questgiver (like summoning packpony), or as a NPC that I could place in my home or guildhall that would give daily quests. I really don't like zoneing back and forth! :)
    suka likes this.
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

This much I can address. The Daily Objectives have their own tab in your quest journal, and you get them automatically when you log on for the day. They're rather like the Public Quests in that; no need to accept, its already there. There are 6-7 tasks available, out of which you must do 2. These tasks change daily, but there are typically 2 adventurer-type, 2 crafter-type, and 2 pvp-type. Examples of tasks I've seen include visiting 6 explorable locations, killing 8 mobs, crafting 8 items, completing 2 crafting writs, killing 3 different classes of characters, or fighting in 2 battleground matches.

Tasks accumulate over all your characters - if you have 8 characters, each one makes something for their research assistant, that completes the "craft 8 items" requirement (assuming that requirement is up that day). Once you complete two tasks, the daily objective disappears from your active quest window, and shows as completed in your journal.
    Emms likes this.
  13. Kilar Active Member

a small bag of platinum coins (75 plat) - 5 tokens

Well as seen as I play everyday, even if it's just tradeskill researchers, with 9 characters this should boost my income.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  14. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

From what Lodrelhai is saying, it is a cumulative thing over your whole account. So you only earn 1 token per day per account. (Am I reading that right?)

I'm totally happy to see the Kromzek house on there! WHOOT~ I know what I'm shooting for right off the bat! I'd love to see pics of those new disk mounts too. (Disc of Blades, Disc of Dreadful Omens, Disc of Harmonious Melodies, Disc of Harnessed Light) I'm not unpleased to see the MM house. At first, I was opposed to seeing the things we get as yearly rewards.. but now.. /shrug.
    Emms likes this.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Correct, one token per day per account. Preliminary testing indicates that will be the case even across servers or server groups, as the tokens people are currently earning on beta are showing up on live (though not yet usable and with a tendency to poof). However, that's still an extra 75p a week, which isn't too bad overall.

Screenshots of the disks, which I will be earning for a few of my characters:

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    Cuelaen and Emms like this.
  16. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Ooh! Thanks for the clarification and screenies! I do believe I'll be needing that flashy disk o' music for my super obnoxious looking troub!
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for that one; it was such a shame to see that house wasted. Thanks for sharing the list.
  18. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I love the "Bard" one-and the flaming skulls;) very cool