Darkness Dawns comes early...with more!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Yes, that is essentially what I was saying. I just didn't phrase it quite so clearly. :oops:
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Might the guild scroll/recipe depot that was once being discussed be in this GU? Or even the expansion of personal harvest depots?
  3. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

On one hand... I hope the new rewards purchaseable are not the same one as the vet rewards. On the other hand..I don't know if I care.I feel the game is headed towards the end of it's major popularity. (With EQnext coming out) Why should I be mad that someone works their rears off (theoretically) for something I have just waited around (and yes.. paid for years for) I don't know. I am kind of ambivalent. I figure it might be a ton of pots and things like that. I really do hope though, that it includes some lovely unique items.. Houses, mounts, appearance things. I just hope the base vet rewards program does not change. Next year I get the MM mansion on each toon. (although my fiancee has my original account and I can get them through him.)
  4. Windstalker Executive Producer

Sorry folks, the changes are going to just Beta for now. We have some fixes to make before we push the data to the live Test server.

Thanks for the input/feedback here too!
    Cyliena likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

yeah i was wondering about that- i don't get veteran rewards in November- i get them on the date my account was made- or a couple of weeks after
  6. suka Well-Known Member

ahh- kk- makes sense
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This post from Seiffil explains what it means. The operative word in Holly's post is continue. So they aren't changing the way the current system works, they are basically just augmenting it. I'm going to jump on Beta later, if it is available, to see if those loyalty rewards are visible.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

If the merchants are on Beta already, I haven't been able to find them
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Niami said something about the rewards being in /claim. On Beta yesterday the SC Market was down, and so was /claim.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Saw that, but per Holly's statement the rewards are coin tokens which can be spent at merchants in Qeynos and Freeport. So even if we can't claim the coins, we should still be able to find the merchants and check their stock.
  11. Naychan Member

Personally I think it's a great idea. I have all but one vet reward and about 80% of a lot of special items having them on a broker would be great. The friends and family that have joined me would now have a shot at some of these great items. To the naysayers pull the stick out of your bum. I've been with everquest since eq1 luclin spent tons of money to play in thier world cause its the best out there. People pay for magazines on a subscription and they can buy older ones if they choose so its really no different. They are trying to entice people to play so let them. I'm for anything that boosts the server population.
  12. Cleaner Active Member

<----------

When are they going to fix the Broken garbage sorcer Classes so they are actually worth playing again. or should everyone delete there casters and make all tanks so they can dps on big raid mobs? sad when they only people your beating on a parse is the healers.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Fix the MP on Beta Plz? =D
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

Vague, so very vague.

Reasonable price? Great, sell it for next to nothing while your at it.

EQ2 you just took my special and made it not so special.

I don't care if it is just a potion.

Can't you hold on to just some of the Valor of the beginning game?
  15. Sambril Well-Known Member

Merchants are on beta now - 1 has a bunch of level 93 gear, the other has more general rewards including the veteran stuff

a basic firework (3 month reward) - 1 token
    a blood-written contract (7 year reward MCE house) - 25 tokens
    a fancy firework (18 month reward) - 4 tokens
    a small bag of platinum coins (75 plat) - 5 tokens
    an heirloom painting - 3 tokens
    Bag of Endless Adventure (1 day reward - 12 slot bag) - 1 token
    Basic Prismatic Adornment Dislodger - 5 tokens
    Bag of Endless Loyalty (52 slot bag) - 7 tokens
    Destiny Accessory Bag (appearance cloak and hood) - 3 tokens
    Disc of Blades, Disc of Dreadful Omens, Disc of Harmonious Melodies, Disc of Harnessed Light (flying mounts) - 25 tokens
    Draught of the Wise (6 month reward - 77% xp potion) - 10 tokens
    Fate Accessory Bag (6 year reward - appearance cloak and hood) - 5 tokens
    Forgiveness Potion (xp debt removal) - 5 token
    Goblin Games Ticket - 5 tokens
    Luxurious Kromzek Keep Deed of Ownership - 25 tokens
    Mystery Crate of Heroic Deeds - 2 tokens
    Mystery Crate of Fabled Deeds - 15 tokens
    Mystery Crate of Legendary Deeds - 5 tokens
    Mystic Moppet Billy (4 year reward - billy doll illusion) - 5 tokens
    Orb of Concentrated Memories (5 year reward - adventure vitality refill) - 10 tokens
    Painting: Reminiscence - 5 tokens
    Pirate flag (18 month reward) - 1 token
    Pixie on a String (5 year reward - vanity pet) - 2 tokens
    Shave and a Cut - 1 token
    Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodger - 15 tokens
    The 5 year Firework (5 year reward) - 3 tokens
    Treasure Hoard (4 year reward - 25% coin rent reduction) - 10 tokens
    Veteran's Elemental Mount (8 year reward - flying mount) - 15 tokens
    Vision of the Thullosian (8 year reward) - 4 token
    Weapon Rack (1 month reward) - 1 token
    Your future tomb stone (3 month reward) - 1 token

I have to say that I am disappointed that some of the more desired veteran rewards are on this list, in my view this really devalues the existing veteran reward scheme.
    Disclaimer: I did view the vendor with an account that already has these rewards available so I do not know if there is an unlock mechanism.
    Cyliena, suka and Feara like this.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

My account has only unlocked the 3-year veteran rewards, and I can see all of the items you listed on the vendor.
  17. Lempo Well-Known Member

That won't likely happen, those are SC items now. It might but I doubt those will make the list.
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad to see the elemental disks on there, because I'd like more than one of them on many of my characters!

Actually, I don't mind seeing any of the vetran rewards up there. If people want to grind tokens and get them early, or get multiples, more power to them. Especially considering that if they want, say, a MCE early they have to work 25 days for each character, whereas once the vetran reward unlocks they get it for all their characters at once. So folks might get it on 1-2 chars they really, really like it for. Or if/when the player-decorated houses go on the market, people might decorate and sell a MCE, then use tokens to get one back on that character (since you lose the house if you put it on the market, and need to get the contract all over again if you want it).

So... since Vetran rewards are up there, will other limited items show up there too? I'm thinking things like FanFaire/Live attendance rewards, or CE bonus items - though I'd put a delay of a year or two on either one, minimum. Not that I mind making plat off the Firona Vie statues people want for their halls, but I'm sure the people I sell them to would much rather have their own that they can easily move to a different house any time they want. And there are not nearly enough prismatic clouds in the world! Also, I'm desperate to get more (okay, all) of the original CE baby dragons.
    suka likes this.
  19. KhaineUK Active Member

No Call of the Veteran?

That's a shame. Wanted that for my second account...
  20. Skwor Active Member

No COV and no broker reduction chests. Seems like they split the difference keeping the most desirable items off the list. I think this is a good balance.
    Lempo and Feldon like this.