Current Kaladim Population

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Krylos225, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Krylos225 New Member

Hey there, i played kaladim at launch and quit after hitting 50 on a templar. I was thinking of coming back now, I am not sure if I would continue my templar but I was thinking of leveling an SK.

Whats the population like for those leveling? Is there a gap since end game has been out for so long? Any other advice for someone thinking of returning?
    Schmetterling likes this.
  2. Ghorast Active Member

It's down a lot, that 4 months of DoF with nothing but utter pushover content was pretty damn crippling for the server.
  3. Krylos225 New Member

Well, I guess that makes my decision that much easier to not spend the money.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

I don't know. I only started playing when KoS released and the population is pretty solid. Always groups at almost ever level range every night along with multipule raids going on, so maybe DoF was bad, but things seem pretty good now.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  5. Somedude Active Member

8 months of vanila and DoF was stiffling.

I was in 3 guilds when DoF launched, and all 3 cratered shortly after launch due to the pushover content. Most of us went and played another game at that time.

When KoS dropped, a bunch of us came back expecting to probably play a week and quit again for same reasons, but the content was somewhat better tuned this time around (although there isn't a single hard encounter this expansion). Most of us who returned are staying for now.

I think it all comes down to how much you want to play a game. There isn't enough to do to keep you busy for 4 months playing 10 hours a week. If you want to play one night a week, you can get everything there is to do in KoS done including kill all raid content.
  6. Kindread Active Member

I see a lot of 30+ groups forming for RE and CT. Most groups are 55+. Lots of people still running the DoF instances (Poets, CM, AT, etc).

I just leveled up a new guy over the last week and had a group every night. You will have a much easier time leveling a tank, as they are in very high demand for group dungeons.

All in all, the population feels fine right now, you should have no problem leveling up and finding a guild.

If you are interested in raiding, maybe contract a couple guilds and see what they need, you might get someone to help you level up a bit if you pick a class they need.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Seems like the highest populated server in the game from what I've seen... not 100% sure though.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Somedude Active Member

It might be, not logging into Live at all.

But, on a weeknight where I expect more people to be on with raiding, etc, last night a /who all 70 returned only 88 players.

It may be people aren't on their mains and playing something else. I personally attribute it to a lack of things to do at max level. The rewards for doing dungeons are non-existant, so you level up, you log in to raid, and you log out to next raid.
  9. Tobias Fünke Member

A /who all 70 won't return any anonymous or RP players, which covers a majority of people who raid.
    Nuhvohk and Kindread like this.
  10. Hydraulics Member

Who all does return anonymous and RP players if the sum is less than 100. You can test this most mornings if you are an early riser.
    Siren and Somedude like this.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Population is in the dumpster.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

If the population that's there is as toxic as the Kaldim discord, it's no wonder.
    Momo and Breanna like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The whole game population seems to be toxic as the rule, rather than the exception these days. That's what happens when the game population dies off to the point where mostly the biggest neckbeards remain.
    Bekkr and Breanna like this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I haven't found that to be true on AB, but I did leave Skyfire because of the toxicity. Maj'Dul seemed ok, but I was only there a short time.
    Cyrrena, Momo and Breanna like this.
  15. jeremiya-AB New Member

I just started again after an extended time off and went to the TLE (having been a EQ1 TLP server junkie for some years).

I always see groups forming and LFM (even when I log on at offtimes) and my guild always has 10-50 online (and it's not one of the major guilds as far as i'm aware (convergence).

I put up some tier 2 gathers (iron ore / electrum level) and it sold in under a day.

Not as busy as the busiest live server probably but busy enough.

This experience is mostly eastern US prime time by the way.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, my experience of Fallen Gate and on the Live Servers is that if you put the annoying drama llamas on /ignore and put a not in the Friends/Ignore window about why they are on /ignore, you get rid of the toxicity. It's usually no more than about a dozen people that like to provoke arguments and stir the bunnies.

I do it this way so I can watch General and Newbie channels so if someone has an actual question I can answer, or see it if someone has something useful and/or interesting to say. Others just turn off the General channel altogether, YMMV.
    Cyrrena, Sixgauge, Momo and 3 others like this.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sounds great, if you're on Kaladim please let me know what your toons name is so I can immediately ignore it.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can ignore people in the forums, too. Click the name, select ignore, done.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I hope he comes back I think there is still life in this server, it's to bad that one negative remark sometimes makes people stop reading the rest of the remarks. It is not a surprise with all the events that went on , that the server lost some population for a time , including bringing out yet another new server , and Beta and the dragon event .
    And on Tuesday live get's the new expansion. There are some people who still play on regular servers too .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No, I want it in game.