Current Kaladim Population

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Krylos225, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

Who comes back?
  2. Momo Well-Known Member

the OP
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Doubt it, good job team.
    Kittik and Schmetterling like this.
  5. Kittik Well-Known Member

right?
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

We can always hope beyond hope that EoF will bring some people back. /shrug
  7. Kittik Well-Known Member

EoF was one of my favorite expansions in EQ2. I'm looking forward to it.
  8. Somedude Active Member

The current population is not terrible.

My concerns about the population is it is lower than at the same time on FG, and the attrition rate on this TLE due to the long expansions is higher than others. Net/Net, I'm not sure how much life is left in this one. I have my doubts it will get past TSO.

Will it get to EOF, absolutely, will there still be enough left for RoK? Probably.

But after people do Myths and having waited out so many long, dull expansions, will they stick for TSO when content gets marginally harder? I have my doubts.

Some things to consider for the next TLE:
    1) We need more things to do, reasons to play and log in.
    What do I mean? Itemization is such that there is NO reason to do dungeons. So once you complete whatever quest lines you are interested in, there is nothing to do but raid log. When the raids get old, there isn't much reason to log in at all at that point.

It would be better for something like Hunters Missions to be in the entire expansion, not just half of it. Alternatively, the mount farming was a good addition. Add a mount each tier and let us farm that from day 1. Just need some benefit / reason to log in and do daily content.

2) A bit faster on the expansions, and well, not all expansions are created equal. For example the idea that you give as much time to Desert of Flames or Shattered Lands as you do RoK and TSO, is boggling. The amount of content to do just doesn't line up. You need more intelligent design here.

3) Need some more flavor in our TLE.
    What do I mean? We keep repeating the same content over and over cause we keep starting at the beginning. Consider something that starts at the hayday period of EQ2. RoK thru AoD maybe.

Anyway, just food for thought, I know this horse is out the barn and we're not changing Kaladim, but can hope something better comes next.

$0.02
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Somedude I have promoted the idea to start at a later point several times now , ever since I saw it being done on eq1.

I also think if we had those festivals from the beginning that would go a long way to hold some peoples attentions .
    Simply give use part festivals if one quest can't be done it does not matter much .
    I mean I can understand we can't get the Frostfell Village , there are just to many zones we can't get to .
    But Moonlight enchantment has separate zones with their own collections so stop thinking of TLE servers as the game it used to be . I loved Fallen Gate , I had fun playing on that server we got to leap around at level 10 and do other silly not progression appropriate stuff .
    Zooeyzz and Breanna like this.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

TLE's will never start at a later expansion.

They simply make too much off of limiting players ability to level up quickly with the lack of AA's. Which in turn of course fuels more station cash pot purchases.

The same goes with players getting bored in t5 and rolling alts.

The more alts made means more station cash purchases on mounts, pots etc. once again.

This also makes it to where they don't need to put much effort into anything, T5 is such a easy to set it and forget it for the devs.

In my opinion any future TLE's should start at KoS, or EoF. Anything before that is just shooting yourself in the foot. Kaladim's population would be monumentally higher at the moment if people didn't log into DoF, clear the entire expansion in one pull. Go, okay?? So do I have any gear to grind? Any rare heroics? Recieve a no answer to any idea of having an end game for two expansions straight then being posed with the question of do I want to come back to KoS with the same end result.

It always makes me smile that the same issues on every TLE are still present.

Itemization, Class Balance, and Difficulty.

No Itemization to make me run heroics? Why bother. I can duo heroics? Why bother. A swash can auto and press 3 buttons and beat basically anyone? Why bother.

I'm still unsure as to why itemization was redone again after Fallen Gate. I'm quite perplexed as people are still parsing close to what we were on Fallen Gate. The biggest difference is the lack of ability mod, making scouts obviously appear stronger than mages, coupled with a high rating weapon....
  11. Ghorast Active Member

Don't be silly, DoF has plenty of content for 4 months... at least according to someone very smart.
    Somedude likes this.
  12. Zukle New Member

I know the toxic population drove me off. Started fresh on the server found a good guild. Problem is they play at specific times and most log in to raid only. Rest of the server gives zero ***** about grouping and if you mention anything about lack of groups you turn out to be a whiner or complainer in their eyes. Meanwhile they box their 3 to 5 toons and happily run through content solo laughing.
  13. Ghorast Active Member

the reason no one gives a **** about grouping is because almost all of the gear that drops in heroics is worthless trash
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

A lot of people are understandably doing Frostfell on live right now, whether on Rivervale (like me!) or the F2Ps. I'm usually on Kaladim apart from major holidays (NotD, Frostfell and Erollisi), and I imagine it's the same for many other folks, too.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Tacitus hurt you, but he deleted this character. Yes, there is no reason to play eq2 at the moment because there is no incentive to do really anything but raid. Even then you have 95% of guilds who will never clear the end game because it's too hard. Botters will always exist, always have. They typically don't exist in the average players mind because they're never available to begin with to group with. They're like ghosts who fuel all the gear on the server, spells, pots, and raid SLR that nearly everyone takes advantage of but also hates the bots for. Imagine the Kaladim broker with 0 bots, it would be desolate basically always.

This.

You made me laugh at frostfell, then you really had me at Rivervale. The server has a population of under 100, 0 chance to actually infuse gear to compete on a world wide scale because of the lack of plat, and a lack of general economy. Plus no one who bothers with TLE's seriously looks at live and doesn't roll their eyes and laugh at how ridiculous it has gotten. Most people have quit/left because of the same reasons as always.
    1. Itemization
    2. Heroic/Raid Difficulty
    3. Communication
    4. (Pay to win)

Number 4 will come once the population dips super hard and only the super addicted will bother to keep playing.