Cure enhancement AA nerf?!?!

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Isard, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-TimidMouse Guest

Balancing is so hard when there are different people developing for different classes. Here's a hypothetical situation: you have developer who is in charge of wardens, and maybe he thinks that, AAs should be given to classes to give them slightly different abilities than they have currently, but not enhance what they already have to any great extent, because that has already been balanced. So he might decide that "I'll add a pet charm line to wardens, but only outdoors, I don't want wardens being overpowered in raids; ok and I will give some extra utility to their rezzes since they are kinda weak now; hmmm... lets see, ok what about giving them some additional dps for the soloing warden. Ok that about wraps it." The dev in question made those changes in line with the thinking that heals shouldn't be enhanced because it would create an imbalance, and that extra utility is what AAs is about.
    Now the mystic dev might have different ideas. He may think that the perfect way to do mystic AAs is to give mystics extra raid utility. This dev may be concerned with what will make the player base happy and seems most fun, without being overly imbalancing. So mystics might get enhancements to oberon, group buffs, triggers on group procs, and oh say a 15 second buff that protects the mt from everything (stuns, charms, stifles, roots, etc...)
    Both devs made changes according to what they felt was best, but when you put it together, it is not surprising that the class AAs are not balanced. And btw, if you think that AA discrepency is big within healers, you might want to take a look at between classes. Playing a high level scout, I can say that at least for some of them, the AA makes a gigantic difference. And ask any necromancer how much Lifeburn affects their dps.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fingolfin2 Guest

With the change to 3 hits it's bringing the warden aa cure enhance more inline with mystic ward aa cure, templar reactive aa cure with idea of "triggers". I always thought they would not put triggers on warden AA cures since mit and resistance is less valuable than an actual heal becuase of the diminished returns.
    Look at a templar aa cure. I think those have 2 triggers with a templar cure trauma reactive having a 333hp reactive on it at rank 5.
    Based on this post:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=13&message.id=29468#M29468
    I imagine mystic wards cures are the same with wards instead of reactives.

Does Warden AA cure trauma of 525mit for 3 triggers mitigate 666hp of damage?
    I dont think it is possible that it does. This seems very unblanced if true.
    Why did they not give us a small hot of equal value on these cure AAs?

Message Edited by Fingolfin2 on 12-20-2006 12:10 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

prolyl cuz you can't heal for a certain dmg type with a hot due to their nature... idk why they couldn't just leave them the way they were originally in beta though if they want to have it be limited somehow; originally it was the mit/resist buff with an effect that converted some of the dmg of that cure type into power (as I understand it was broken thouhg and then just flat out removed). Why not just put that back in and remove the mit/resist portion of the buff entirely?
  4. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

So it went live, without a single post of a dev explaining why it was done.

Devs, you guys are clueless. as clueless about PR, as you are with game mechanics. You can't even justify a nerf when you do one, and don't even try to address any issues a class has. keep it up, guys.. seriously, I'm amazed at how incompetent you can be while being able to keep a job.
  5. ARCHIVED-tiredangel Guest

Well, I am extremely disappointed -- not so much the nerf, but the absolute silence from SoE addressing warden concerns. I don't think it will be as bad as it seems, but SOME acknoledgement of our community would be nice. I certainly won't betray to fury -- I have too much invested in my warden, but I hope the devs will start addressing some of the real problems wardens have. But judging from the absolute silence from the devs regarding wardens, I am not too optimistic.
  6. ARCHIVED-missconstrue Guest

it went live and to me the sad part besides no response or explanation or even comment from the devs is they did not even bother to include a fix for natures walk. noone has seen it work in pve for any knock backs that i can see. it would have been the decent thing to fix or address something that appears to be broken not just nerf something that was the one useful new thing we seemed to have gotten with our 50 new aa's. or how about giving us back the power regen component that was taken in beta. that seems to me to have more balance in line with the other cure lines.

oh well nothing new i guess. kinda sad really
  7. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

Thats why they're dev's there not paid to deal with people really, granted they post here, but that's not really social interaction, there code geeks mainly, but yes an explanation would of been nice, not like the line was overpowered, you know like fury dps
    What really gets me is the screw with our aa's and don't even give us a free respec so now I gotta pay to get rid of these crap cures.
  8. ARCHIVED-civilgeek Guest

Well folks they put it in today. I find it very sad that an issue the entire warden community and even those outside the community don't want to see in the game makes it in regardless of what we've commented on (the people that play warden's day in and day out - your source of income). We didn't say don't nerf it somehow... but more don't put this mechanic in game as specified in the update notes. Add hits to the trauma buff... make it a percentage... etc. It truelly shows the lack of respect for the warden community. SOE at some point you need to give us a bone and let us know there is hope... we want to be defensive! We want defensive buffs and healing power. I could care less about dps or about going toe to toe with anything. It would be nice if our root agi debuff stayed up regardless of the root component or we had a single buff\debuff that was worth something in raid. It shows that PVP should have never been implemented into this game (in its current form) as it is directing the choices we have in PVE (which player base is larger!). You may have it where you can tweak each of our spells to make it so you don't need to ballance individual spells based on PVP but you havn't worked out the problem of giving people the right choices for the server they play on. I truelly wish PVE AA choices were entirely different from those on PVP as about 2/3's of the AA's in our warden tree simply don't make sense for a PVE warden. I wish all who choose to betray or reroll the best /boggle
    Haldir - 70 Warden - Oasis
    Leader of the Golden Rose of Qeynos
  9. ARCHIVED-Bumpfuzzle Guest

Very, very poor management here. I'm disappointed. Our entire AA line is in desperate need of buffs, they nerf the only semi-decent (and it really was only semi-decent) option we had, but worst of all it was without a word. There's been no explanation, no talk of other fixes they might be doing, not even a "Sorry that you're upset, but we have to do it for game balance". Nothing.
    It's poor community management like that that makes me leave games for a long, long time. Bugs I can put up with, I can put up with inbalances too - as long as I know that they are being looked at and solutions are being worked on.
  10. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

Lol mystics are upset because they also get crappy melee CAs and crappy cures like we do...but their 3rd buff enhance line is actually very nice. Wardens don't even have that :(

I wish we'd at least get what the description says...7.5%-15% resists instead of the actual 3-5% cuz of the diminishing returns hehe.
    Message Edited by Oldlore on 12-20-2006 07:38 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-HVA Guest

Amazing - now live ! Not a single responce. Why is there test servers, when they dont listen to to testers anyway ?

Wardens deserve a responce. For grouping and raiding wardens, we only need aprox 13 aa points (spores and sotb), the rest is of no use at all. It cant really be true, we dont get anything to use our AA-points on. We really really need some other stuff in our EoF-tree instead. It must possible to make the cure-line i line with mystic, and templar cure-line. They could even make it with a small direct heal and i would be happier. Or make something new. Its really demotivating, that a whole expansion dont bring anything to be happy about.

So please Devs. We need an answer:
    - Do you understand our problem ?
    - Can we expect anything with EoF ?, or do we have to stay tuned for next expansion ? (if anyone can find the motivation for waiting that long)
    Message Edited by HVA on 12-21-2006 12:50 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-HVA Guest

oops
    Message Edited by HVA on 12-21-2006 12:49 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

Yep, they finally killed my class. Thanks for making my main a taxi and primary provisioner.
    This has seriously made me consider on quitting the game. It was the last straw. It wasn't so much that they gave us this nerf, it was compounded with the fact that we had gotten no word as to why OR been given anything in return for the nerf.
    I have a lot of thinking to do this weekend.

/wtb Utility, PST!
  14. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

yah, this sucks definitely...
    Besides, i want my free respec back to the druid tree... lost it when they gave another respec to the EoF AA tree...

++Xan
  15. ARCHIVED-Skavon Guest

Yep. This AA line is dead - sad thing for i liked it (a little).
    I will now respec to CA line and double attack and all that - already collected components for +14str adorns an all that.

Sad SOE. Just really sad. This is a 7 page thread and theres another pretty long on on testing feedback - so i really think
    you should at least have the balls and send a dev in here to explain with what we earned this completly pointless nerf.

- Skavon (future maintainer of Spores and EoF taxi)

P.S.: And while i am at it - many thanks for the new Iksar swimming animation - with SoW this looks as if i have an epileptical
    shock or something. Really cute - maybe you should consider not speeding up the bum movement speed based on runspeed
    buffs and/or swimming skill (it acutally looks not too bad in walk mode without speed buffs)
  16. ARCHIVED-Ahlspiess Guest

Yep. This AA line is dead - sad thing for i liked it (a little).
    I will now respec to CA line and double attack and all that - already collected components for +14str adorns an all that.

Ya I did that. You'll do less damage then with your Int line and you'll be in AoE range.

-cheers-
  17. ARCHIVED-Skavon Guest

Expected no less. In the end: How could we expect to acutally get an AA line that is useful - but hey - why not pounce the mobs with
    the weapons i got - cost me dkp in the end to get a fabled sword and a fabled mace *shrug*
    And when i am in the AE i got at least a reason to cast my group heals right :)

- Skavon
  18. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

The funny thing youll notice .... the only ways we really increase our healing is through the Kos str/sta line .... getting the max heal proc and heal crit adds quite a bit to your heal parse .... true the spores also increases healing a little bit ....but for #'s its much lower than the heal proc ....seeing how it wont stack with its self and heal proc is direct heal only ...hence it has potential to heal 1500+ in 10 sec single target versus the 1000 in 10 sec of spores.... plus we allready had the spores ... so you can only count the increase we get from AA's..... So if your looking for more healing in AA's??? str/sta druid line is the way to go.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

agi line indirectly increases healing =p
  20. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Well my point sorta was direct increase.....I just thought it kinda funny these come from str&sta versus .... like say wisdom .... the quicker healing doesnt really add any to the pwr vs output healing.