Cure enhancement AA nerf?!?!

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Isard, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

Our role will be in some offtank group or **** group spamming cure trauma on the main tank so he keeps his 525 mit laugh...

Nature's walk would be nice...if it worked, but it doesn't, at least the knockback part of it and that's the part that will got my attention, and when i found that it either sucks or it was broken I was royally pissed, so I did the cure line, which I like, didn't get the last ability, but in a raiding situation the benefits of the buffs are minimal, because most people are buffing their resists as high as they can probably beyond the softcap so the benefits are minimal, ya I'm kinda pissed about the changes and betraying would be tempting but it would mean dropping all masters from 57-70 and some fabled gear and it's not worth it. We're still decent defensive buffers...against elemental, the other stuff we might be able to do ok on but other classes can do better. If nature's walk actually worked and if our ca line was changed to improving damage on the nukes.

Anyway one minute is a little insane for the cure buff when I first got it, I thought it would be like 10-15 seconds, was amazed when it was a minute so I immediately respecced again (was messing with the nuke line) and loaded up on cures, guess when this comes around I'm respeccing again, to I guess rezz line ftw
  2. ARCHIVED-Gwen Guest

Amazing ...
    ... What is the interest in giving us a cure line that no one will ever use ? Just fill up the Warden EoF AA's ?
    ... If they really want to change the AA Cure Line, at least, change it to what it was first during the start of EoF Beta, when Cures was having a mana regen component (Xpoints of mana was given back /ticks).

Well ... time to think about playing my Assassin ...
    Message Edited by Dinrae on 12-17-2006 03:13 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-tiredangel Guest

I wish wardens weren't getting a nerf -- I do hope we get something to compensate for it. An AA line to increase our main buffs perhaps would be fitting since we're losing 4 buffs.
    But wardens DO have a place in the MT group -- the only problem is, if we're NOT in the MT group, we are far less useful than any other healer because of the nature of our buffs. I'm normally in the MT group because of primitive instinct, though I have made it a point to tell our MT the usefulness of spirit of the bat and spores. One thing I will add, in my guild, the inquisitor and the defiler do not ask me for nor would they receive my wis/power buff -- all my buffs go on the MT, and I'm not going to drop one on him to free up a concentration slot to give someone else the power. Nor am I taking it off myself.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

I get asked to drop mitigation buff (once even was asked to drop elemental buff), to buff the other healers. I have not ever been asked to drop an mt buff nor one on myself.. only asked to drop my grp buffs to do it.
  5. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

I never drop the resists buff because it buffs 321 hps for the MT. I do drop my mit buff though to put a wis/power buff on the MT templar.
    Back on track, so in early beta our cures gave power to the MT or gave power back to us when we cured? That could come in handy. Maybe they should change the cure line so it does that instead of buffing mit/resists. With a duration of 3 hits, like everyone has said, it's pretty useless as is and they need to come up with a better idea for what to give us.
  6. ARCHIVED-tiredangel Guest

But my group buffs are also going on the MT -- dropping one of them is taking it off him. Since protection of the oak also mitigates magical damage, even if the MT is at 6k mitigation, it helps him so I wouldn't drop that, especially in EoF. Our elemental mitigation buff also adds some hit points (not a lot, but again, every bit helps) so that would be very noticed if I dropped it. And of course, no one would want us to drop the group wis/agi buff. That leaves two slots for our wis/power buff -- me and the MT. The MT obviously gets spirit of the bat. But this really hasn't been an issue, maybe it's because inquistors and defilers do have other ways of regaining power during fights.
  7. ARCHIVED-FuzzBall Guest

Verdant has such a huge recast timer on it, just spam it for a huge amount of power cost for three hits.... oh wait, why? 350+ cost for a sh*tty 3 hit ward, that blows
  8. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

Is anyone on test who can test something out on the new craptastic cure line? I was wonder about the group cure. Is it 3 hits per player or 3 hits total? Iow if I cast it and a physical aoe hits my group, are only 3 players protected? If so it's worse then craptastic.
  9. ARCHIVED-Aethlred Guest

The Nerfbat will eventually get anything that sticks out, and the AA cures stuck out a mile. They were effectively a permanent mit buff and anyone who didn't see this coming wasn't looking. But what is unnecessarily annoying to the playerbase is that the cures were released in their current overpowered state. As with the now-nerfed +400 adornments - which were also slow pitches over the plate for the Nerfbat - SOE unnecessarily antagonized the playerbase by releasing character enhancements they will obviously have to retract later.
    So yes, we were predictably nerfed, but I am unmoved. Having played a Warden main since the week of release -and having raided him for almost as long - I've seen it all come and go, and Wardens remain a strong, flexible and underappreciated class. No, we don't have anything flashy - no lifeburn, no decapitate, no CoB, no huge fury nukes - but we are tough and very well-rounded. The recent addition of druid ports was a major addition to our general utility.
    My attitude is that the only AA abilities that are truly important are the heal crit booster and (less so) the damage crit booster. They dramatically improve our core abilities. Everything else, including the cures, is optional primping and you really can't expect much from them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

Well said. I don't have a problem healing or contributing to a group. I never get told how to do my job.
    The extra mitigation wasn't enough to make or break a situation usually so I'm not crying over this move. Its more of the larger picture of nerfing things and never fixing things. I just feel like we're forgotten about. When was the last time a DEV answered one of our questions?
  11. ARCHIVED-Zammik Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

Wow.

Perhaps it's time to send some PM's to the DEVs.
  13. ARCHIVED-Renpatsu Guest

From my point of view, the cure achievements did stand out because the other achievements are severely lacking. Furthermore, the way they tuned the cures down makes me boggle my head. I expect at least all cures with trauma effect being worthless if this goes live. The inability to see when a cure buff drops won't help using the other cures either. And last but not least, there is the lack of response from the dev team.

I for one don't really know where to place my achievements in - and that is not because I want to have them all. Warden is the only class of my characters where I got this 'problem'. Speaking from the perspective of a raiding Warden.
  14. ARCHIVED-ravenhair Guest

What more can I say than, My defiler is now lvl 67.
  15. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

If nature's walk worked I'd be more positive about our AAs. Atm all our AAs seem to be built around pvp or something.
    The problem with giving us an AA line is most of our spell blow except for our heals and nukes. That's why our AAs look like junk, they're improving our existing spells. They didn't give us the option of improving our good buffs or heals, so what's left got improved. That's the problem. We've been [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing for a while that our other spells are junk and now we get an AA line to improve the already junk spells.
    When you really think about it, what doesn't suck about the warden class when you take away our direct heals. Direct heals that we've had since level 60. If a level 60 warden could survive AoEs in raids the only difference between bringing a level 60 warden and level 70 warden would be the warden's power pool. The raid wouldn't miss a beat otherwise.
  16. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

Actually, our regens are better than than our direct heals and they upgrade at level 68 and 70, so we do improve as we progress to 70 in other ways than survivability and power pool.

I am, however dissapointed we didn't get any new warden specific lines that improve our regens. It is what defines a druid just as wards define shammans and reactives define clerics. As Wardens and Furies diverge into seperate lines, it only makes sense to me that our defensive capabilities are augmented and their offensive capabilities are augemented to create a clear differentiation. The problem Mike brings up is that many of our augmentations are to our weakness versus our strengths which is imo very problematic. All this serves to do is make us more Fury like, and I intentionally did not roll a Fury. Fury's on the other hand, enjoy augmentations to their design. I couldn't be happier for them--it is the way it should be.

Wardens need a defensive perk or two, and this nerf doesn't help. In terms of balance, I think we could easily receive a perk without becoming overpowered, but I would gladly sacrofice if need be. Give us an aa that decreases our dps in exchange for increased healing (I would call it Ataraxia or Nature's Placidity, maybe -50% dps +20% heal, and make until cancelled without concentration cost). This would allow us to fill a niche without undoing balance (isn't it cute the way I pretend the devs read this board?).

Tangent: anybody have a link that dates the last time a dev was last seen posting on the Warden's board?
  17. ARCHIVED-Bayl Guest

^^^ A very good and thoughtful post GinFan :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

I sent my first PM today asking for some comment from someone. Anyone. Heck, I'll even take a mod posting for us to shut up and quit asking questions.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gwen Guest

Wardens being nerfed ... Please Wait