Crit Chance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Solhene, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

One little bard's dream.

Once I was a little bard:
    I dreamt of becoming great.

Ten years have passed.

Ten long,
    Adventurous,
    Years.

Should I not, by now,
    By rights,
    Feel I have
    ... Arrived...?
    At last?

Master spells have I:
    They took forever to find.
    Once of great import,
    And highly sought.
    Now 'magic' strikes:
    All count for nought.

I should have learnt
    When I won, at great cost,
    My halberd, shiny, brass.
    (It hangs upon my wall.)

I should have learnt
    When I strove to acquire
    My mythical Ayonic Axe.
    (It's never seen a battle).

I ask myself: 'for what?'

For hours:
    I pored o'er the broker
    Comparing this with that
    To get the gear that counts.

For hours:
    I fought through raids
    Believing I learnt the skills

For hours:
    I struggled to learn
    How the numbers worked

All that hard-won lewt --
    Worthless trash: transmute.

All that knowledge --
    Useless: chuck it o'er the edge.

The goalposts have moved.
    Again.

Once I was a little bard:
    I dreamt of becoming great.

Dream on,
    Little bard:

Dream on.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Kinda agree.

The mechanism itself is also strange and no different to crit mit. It's a way to progress equipment and restrict progress in a way, and it's simple to utilise. As the zones get harder, increase this debuff so you either need better gear with this stat to do the same damage in the zone, or you loose out.
  3. Lygerr Active Member

except it should actively be enforced. walking into zone X with a detrimental debuff of 365 crit shows no change to your stats.

all these hidden mechanics make my head spin after a while.
    Seefar likes this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m far to have the gear for instances in which the CC is 600 and i have 580 and i can easily reach 600 self buffed.

For raid you have banniers and usually some grop bufs.

If you have one red slot you can buy an adorn with 22% CC (that increase run speed too),
    the quested mount provides 40%.

Only tier 3 instance require 550 or 600.

My inqui alt has no gear at all and she did picklaw and the hive and we did nt got the warning message, and this was before she got her signature sokokar.

==> CC is not an issue at all.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

Examine your debuf and you will see the value.
    Examine mob buf and you will see it again.

If your CC is below the optimal one you will get a bug red letters warning.

Last if you miss 10% CC your dps will only be 90% (indeed a bit more since non crit still do damage but much much less.

CM was totally different, even if you met 99% of the requirement you still had a 1% chance to be 1 shooted and this made you useless. With CC mecanic if you meet 99% of the requirement your toon is just loosing 1% of its dps/hps. It's a continuous mecanic, CM one was discontinuous => disaster.
  6. Lygerr Active Member

i understand it, it was more a shot at the fact that none of the stat tooltips work, really at all.

i don't have nearly as much time as i used to back when i was raiding to sit there messing with stats on the training dummy. i just have to rely on what people say, which may or may not be true.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Ajoz New Member

I was skeptical too at first, but it turned out to be too easy to reach 600 without any raiding whatsoever. I went on vacation when the new expansion came out and I didn't come back until Saturday. On Tuesday I had 600.3 CC. I haven't done one raid with my character ever (just started playing EQ2 again 3 weeks ago with a Hero 85 character). I just did the overland solo quests (gave all the gear) and after that did the Solo Advanced (got my 2 purple CC from those). In 3 days I had 600 after adding the purple adorns and a couple of white CC adorns. I have plenty of white slots still open to add even more CC if I want. **You have to do all of the overland quests first** then you can do the advanced solos...