Crag's End / Mergok the Slasher

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bjorne, Dec 18, 2012.

1. RBjack New Member

Did this for the first time today on my ranger with the templar merc from Qeynos and didn't have much trouble. Had the merc on follow/protect but not assist, and ran back and forth between pillars to avoid the claws.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Just did it Heroic and if Solo mimicks it... he will break root run to you then "re-root" you have to keep jousting him constantly or you will die very fast.
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

This guy really isn't that hard. The times he does the Claws are at pre-determined HP%........i forget exactly what they are but its something like 80,60,25, etc.

I Just range him......no merc......at 80 he will stop and root himself to do the first claws......keep range DPS him........usually for me he is at 60 before he done with the first round of Claws and just starts over........rinse and repeat. If done correctly he will never move from where he rooted himself at 80% or whatever the first % mark is. Worst case I have to back up once or twice. Sometime have to pot the daze or whatever it is that stop me from attacking.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

That response lets me know you haven't fought him in a while. The daze is now a root. The root is a physical detrimental. All ashlok also have an almost-instantly-refreshing percent-of-your-health DoT attack. That DoT is also a curable physical detrimental. It has cure priority over the root, so if you have the root and the DoT, the root can't be potion cured (you potion cure the DoT, wait on the potion cooldown, and you're re-DoTTed loooong before the cooldown ends.)

So if you get rooted and have no way to spam cure or break/ignore control effects, your only choice is to stop DPS for 30 seconds while the root expires so he doesn't hit one of the health thresholds where he casts Claws. And hope he doesn't autoattack you to death, or get you with Bleeding Out, or reapply the root (which I think has recast < duration) while you're waiting for the root to expire.

I agree that most classes have enough DPS to burn him from one Claws! to the next once you get away. It's that first getaway that's the problem...
  5. Draylore Well-Known Member

Did him last night.

Perhaps it being able to get him from 100% to first claw % from ranged without ever getting in melee that makes the whole thing pretty easy i guess. I am pretty much rooted the whole fight but so is he. :)

I do sometimes have to use one of gazillion green heal things I have that drop from the solos.
  6. Lenolian Active Member

I just did it again with my dirge, he still went down without hitting me, its pretty much a ranged fight anyway. Just have a decent bow and he goes down fast. Here is a few tips if you have problems :

- use the fence to your advantage, pull him through it and it will take him several seconds to get around it.
    - use the red stone that drops from named in CoE zones, it does 30% dmg. Enough to start triggering his first claw.