Crag's End / Mergok the Slasher

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bjorne, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bjorne New Member

This guy is giving me trouble. I know when he says "Claws! Slash" that I need to back off and get out of the way. But he's got a Bleeding Out that's hitting me for almost 70K and one shotting me. Is there any way to avoid that? I think he says something like "Fresh Blood" right before it. I'm a SK and cast divine aura, but it goes right through it.
  2. Bjorne New Member

btw - advanced solo
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

I just 100% ranged him.....get him to each of the Claws! Slash % (i think 80,60,25 or so) points where he roots himself before he even gets to me. Only problem is the daze thingie he casts.....sometimes cant pot that in time.
  4. Bjorne New Member

Yeah, yesterday I had no problem walking him around the perimeter. But that Bleed Out ability is getting me 100% of the time now. The best I've done is get him to 28% today.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

He is a rough one, though if you are stockpiling those red-crystals you can 1 shot him from 30% life to dead and avoid that part. Very useful for the HM Wurmbones End boss.
  6. Elhai Member

I'm having a slightly different problem, and I'm wondering if the devs changed something without mentioning it. I've run this as part of the signature line for about 8 of my toons so far, but the one I'm working on now can't get past Merglok. Right before he spins and does his thing I need to joust, he roots me. There are three traumas he puts on me, and I'm using a pot to cure one, but I'm still standing there rooted. All I can do is watch helplessly while he beats the snot out of me. I've done this on my mage characters so a decently geared brig shouldn't have a problem, but I'm pulling my hair out over this.
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

That seems to be a problem with him recently for some reason. I don't remember him rooting me in the past, and multiple stacked ones are impossible to deal with. I agree that something must have changed.
  8. Encori Active Member

Confirmed he casts vicious gutting, which was recently changed to a root. Not really acceptable given his script.
    You can try parking a healer merc outside the ae and within cure range to solo.
  9. Elhai Member

Well I guess this is no longer a solo zone then. Only certain mercs will cure with any kind of reliability (plate clerics), and my defiler merc does not. I had to wait until my husband came home to go in with me on his priest so I'd have cures. I have no issue with a hard encounter, but if a zone is labeled "solo", then it should be possible to kill the mobs in there...solo.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

They are "Advacned Solo" (whatever that means) perhaps they are meant to be Duo'd by most non-Heroic players? I don't know what SOE intended anymore... there have been so many patches and bug fixes; Chains of MessedDaFugUpternity would have been a more accurate name for the expansion.
  11. Pauly Well-Known Member

IF you want me to joust an AOE, quit rooting me! The only way I found to get past this guy was to have a wizard root/nuke him to death for me while I stood there out of aoe range with my thumb in my butt.
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Spakka New Member

Just want to confirm this is still a problem, come on SOE - fix this, currently impossible for classes that cannot root him and range him. My bruiser simply gets either 1 shotted by "bleeding out" or rooted and helpless to the Claws ability. As above poster pointed out even using potions does not work as 3 trauma are stacked and the root is 20 secs long and never the top arcane.

Any merc healers do not seem to cure the arcane and get 'Claws' to death also.

Fix the script for soloers in "Advanced Solo" mode please.
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum, i should do the line again with my inqui. Last time, only my wife got problems doing him. But, i use a inqui merc anyhow on all of my chars (sometimes just cause im lazy).
  14. Matik Member

Bleeding out is a short duration detriment that must be cured or you die when it wears off. It is possible that it is applied by the AoE(but I don't think it is) but other than that they are two separate things. I forget which school it is but obvious guess would be trauma.
  15. dagiffy New Member

Well that does it. I've gone at him 20 times today with my 95 Paladin and closest I got him was around 30%. That's right, I've gone through my gear twice and now am in the GH repairing for the third time. This is NOT a solo zone. I've tried everything I can think of, read everything online that I could find, tried several different mercs, all to no avail. This is ridiculous.
  16. Prrasha Well-Known Member

But preventing minor exploits by some players is far more important than letting other people play the game correctly. I mean, people were skipping right over some solo trash mobs! Giving all ashlok nigh-incurable roots was a very important change!!
  17. dagiffy New Member

You are right...it's silly of me to want to progress through this questline, only to be stopped by one mob that I find impossible. I'd hate for a couple other players to skip right through some content just so I could get by this mob. How about nerfing a bit of that AOE? Or give ALL classes the ability to root if we want to get silly. First there's a hideous AOE, but you can't joust because you are rooted, you can't tank the hit even if you have 50K hitpoints...what gives?
  18. Encori Active Member

When they changed viscious gutting to a root, that greatly improved wurmbone's end, but it really messed up this one fight. This named should just not cast it. That said, there are ways to deal with it (other than getting a friend to help).

The main tactic I use to beat him is stay ranged. Clear both sides of the platform first, then engage him with ranged attacks and keep running away, doing ranged damage. If you can manage to kite him and/or not get rooted, you're good all on your own.

Step two, have an inquisitor mercenary parked nearby in full passive. It must not attack. If you can kite the named near it but not close enough for the named's ae to hit the mercenary, then it will cure you constantly, which usually fixes the root. The positioning can be a bit tricky at first.

And don't forget to use class specific abilities that cure and make you immune to root, like for example Aura of the Crusader (shadows aa tree), if you are a paladin. There may also be an item on the city vendors that makes you immune for a short time.
  19. Typos Member

immune to root signet (It's called signet of slippery feet)

same thing i use to run through the zone without getting rooted now. On some toons i actually enjoy killing the trash, others not so much. Yes, this mob needs fixed because players whined about something else.. I don't blame sony.......
  20. Lous_mun New Member

easiest way i have found to kill this guy is make sure my merc is 100% passive no assisting me or protecting or anything else like that just following me around and curing i use the skyshrine inquis merc. so first bypass the named and kill the rest of the trash in the zone this unlocks a respawn point just to the east of the name's current position saves you time if you do wipe as you can revive about 100 meters from his location wait on sickness and then try again. also when he does root the first time hes not imune to damage so blast away while staying at maxed range if you got the dps to do it you can actually keep i rooted from his own script till he hits 30% use the red stone and continue on through the zone.

a friend has informed he has also taken that named back down to the first floor and just run around and use his ranged attack so he can stay out of his aoe range and killed him that away as well if i am not mistaken that was on a tank class with sub par gear..its not a fast kill with that method however it can work.

if you got a friend that plays a healer class that has some stoneskin like left side inquis prestige the tank can stay in as long as the inquis is maxed range and can keep the dots off you it is survivable as well.

i have done 2 of the 3 ways here i have mentioned to kill him i have not personally tried the kitting method but i am sure i will at some point only done the quest line 4 times so far( 2 tanks one mage and an assassin) working on my 5th (inquis no merc) ill see if i cann come up with any other methods in which he is kill able. side not though if you do the zone with 2 real players and both of you have the 30% bauble item you only got to get him down to 60% use the item and you are done with him.