Contested Raid Zone's: Lag is over the top.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vlkodlak, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

Spell lag
    Thurgadin Vegarlsonraid zone (eg Mudmyre with some adds) is awfull^3
    1 spell - get a coffee - 1 spell

Our scouts said that the lag is too large for Dagger Storm
  2. Gninja Developer

Right now?
  3. Gematria Active Member

Isnt that just because you are pulling all the crows with Mudmyre instead of killing them off first? ;)

Our wednesday raid had a little lag, but nowhere near as bad as it was on our monday and last friday raid. Maybe max 1 sec lag on spells on named fights.
  4. Dolgrin Active Member

Yesterday, Thurgadin
    Lag in Fire, Earth & Water

Orange Bulwark-message coming in, luck based casting bulwark, because either client was dead for 1-2 seconds, or pushing the bulwark spell button does nothing. - No recovery timer from other spells, because i only casted spells with 0.25s recovery!

Even if the raid was standing still, consuming a snack... cast bar goes to end... than stops for 0,5-1s.

The only mob that have had significant lesser lag, was the earth T2 mob on the pyramid without bulwark.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Lag on Thurgadin in regular raid zones ist horrible for SOME players
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Four times on Maj'dul, I have attempted the overland PQ's in Plaguelands and 4 times the zone has crashed. I have yet to finish that last 2 contest PQ's in Plaguelands. It is by far the worst of all the zones.
    As it is now, I will never get the Plagueland PQ's before the game sunsets.
  7. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Thought I would bump this up again since it is still happening consistently. Clearing contested again last night, second team shows up standing at the entrance and bam... everything slows down like Neo in the Matrix.. You can tell pretty instantly as soon as other folks start to show up as the lag multiplies for each additional body in zone.
    With two teams in zone some folks that are CoTH or tinkering are crashing from the lag. With three teams in the zone everyone just stands still. I can literally click a CA and go get a drink before it actually casts.

Mind you the mythic zones are not terribly better, but at least they are bearable. Killing the avatars in mythic air we lost three peeps to crashing while the others sat and prayed they lived through the lag spikes.

I invite any Dev to tag along on a few raid nights to get an average for what we are seeing and dealing with.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  8. Gninja Developer

We are actively working to find the cause of the lag.
    Hiza and Breanna like this.
  9. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Good Day Dev Team!

Just bumping this up to see how its looking from your side? From this side its only getting worse. Last night clearing the zone, another team came in to do the same and with just 49 people in the zone.. spells are not casting, heals are not getting though and bulwarks are being missed all because of this lag.

Mind you it is no better inside Corinav either, when multiple teams are inside that instance once the contested is cleared, it is the same problem.. mash buttons and hope something actually hits.

This is not fun in any way. The contested zone needs to have a separate instance for other teams to use and see if that helps with the lag.
  10. Akada Member

Hello Gninja,

let me explain you something. It is no secret, that the engine has problems with raidboss abilities, that manipulate player stats in certain ways. If one boss has one ability the engine must calculate thru 24 players and 24 players do there own manipulation on other players with buff and damage/debuffs to boss. The worsiest thing you can do, to raise difficulty of a bossfight, to higher the count of enemies (like Regrax).

There are only to ways to solve the problem:
    - lower the count of buffs and abilities from bosses and players
    - create classical raid encounter with one enemy and an intellegent script for difficulty. Contested zone aren´t able with all the abilities for 100 raid players and multiple bosses.