Contested Raid Mobs Dropping Treasured. Intended?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Satyr Well-Known Member

[IMG]

King Zatan in Everfrost ALWAYS dropped exquisite chests on the original TLE (I killed it about 20 times and never saw wood). I've noticed that his loot table has been updated and is pretty respectable now. Is it intended for the mob to drop wooden chests, or does this play in to loot drop adjustments that have taken place in the overland zones and isn't intended for raid mobs? I'm getting horrible flashbacks to DoF raiding now.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Honestly a lot of raid mobs are dropping really bad gear and then something way easier is dropping insane loot.

I think they added like a chance at rare loot to all those mobs, we killed it and got an exquisite i think.
    Flossie likes this.
  3. Satyr Well-Known Member

His loot was always pretty good (fabled charms) but they've actually added a chance at wood. It makes no sense to me since this was a major complaint people had on the original with raids like Spirits of the Lost that dropped wood. It never used to drop wooden chests, had a 100% exquisite drop rate.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am sorry, but why is any one surprised?
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Synistra Active Member

I remember killing plenty of t5 contested for rubies! Sucks though, I thought they fixed this.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  7. Papablaze Member

Most of these bosses have been fixed to drop better loot, they took all of the fabled from EF, Lava, Feerot and put it on raid mobs as well, sometimes you just win some and you lose some.
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

This mob is not Seraph of the Stags, it was one of the contested raid mobs with meaningful loot and I doubt they've changed its loot table, though they have upgraded the charms it drops. Again, I suspect this is an issue with overland contested. If this isn't fixed the people who kill Krathuk for the first time are going to be pretty salty.
  9. Papablaze Member

I can see that it's Zatan and not Seraph... I just don't understand why you expect a x2 that can be killed by a boxed group should always drop an exquisite chest.
  10. Papablaze Member

We've killed a lot of the x2's and gotten pretty decent loot, sometimes they drop bad loot, that's almost what i'd expect with so many people being able to kill the easier content.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

Send this kind of stuff to Fyreflyte. He supposedly had fixed up the loot tables, but maybe something got missed. Raid mobs of any kind dropping wooden chests is just wrong. At the very least they should be dropping legendary items.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

LOL, raid mobs in vanilla used to drop wood all the time back in 2004-2005. Maybe it's intentional for the nostalgia factor?
    Sixgauge likes this.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

Haha sure, keep thinking that.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Actually, I remember getting wood chests very frequently off of these mobs in the past. I'm not surprised to see wood dropping off them still.
  15. Breta Well-Known Member

Back in vanilla yeah, but not on Stormhold once it got patched.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

I am sorry but you are mistaken, T4/ T5 raid mobs on Stormhold did have chance to drop wooden chests.
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

We had a two week stretch in shattered lands where T4/T5 only dropped wood so stop with the nonsense.

Thats partially what killed off our guild. They promised that was fixed among other things such as stats, but theres a lot of stuff that havent been reworked, from RE and upwards. Hell I've been grinding SE/PF the last week or so at lvl 50 and ive seen no decent upgrade for anyone yet.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Stats and itemization or 100x better than it was on Stormhold, and there are lots of good items dropping in SE, PF, OOLS, Icy Dig. HQ items are hard to replace, but everything else can be found in dungeons.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

yea... some don't even drop anything like Zarvon's Tower guild writ raid.
  20. Xephane Active Member

Do any of the city writ raids even give loot?