(Contest, all servers) Retreats of the Rulers

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Linlainu Active Member

Hunting Lodge by Linlainu (RotR2015) is finally published under Large Homes on the OASIS server. Hope you enjoy!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Gaediianiel Member

Secret Apt. by Gaediianiel (RotR2015) published on Antonia Bayle, Medium homes.
  3. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I just changed it to ROTR2015, I published and forgot the 2015 part a few days ago when I made the video and published the first time :( under Large Homes: TAPS Hunting Retreat 3Q (ROTR2015)
  4. Metacirra New Member

RotR2015 Antonia's Sum Pal by Metamarra, published on Butcherblock Server @ 10:00 PM PST May 3, 2015. Published under Massive Homes, Newly Published. Enjoy!
  5. Steelak Member

I went to the link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJkpahvDQrjjK6znq4rwMdWpl1J1snmNo to watch the videos of all these homes but some of them are missing. I did find a couple more by searching RotR2015 and Jazabelle. Are there more videos being uploaded soon or are there really only 21 videos? Here is the list of houses I found going to the servers (except one) but no video:

Ealdian on Permafrost
    Cerinthe on Oasis
    Ezajia on Oasis
    Linlainu on Oasis
    Lorrissa on Crushbone
    Ennia on Splitpaw (not sure since I don't have account on that server)

Thanks

6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

It takes time to tour, record, and upload all those homes. Don't worry. If they're published, Jaz will get to them.
  7. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Of the entrants, only 26 were able to complete their homes. The rest had to withdraw for various reasons.

There are currently only 21 videos, as I have not yet had the time to video the remaining 5 homes. Ennia had to withdraw, but the rest of the homes you've listed are the ones that are on my schedule to tour tomorrow. All 21 videos of contestant's homes should be on the playlist. Vashte's video, which is tagged as an RotR video, was removed from the playlist as she withdrew from the contest due to a mixup (and is why if you search for RotR videos, you'll find 22, even though only 21 are on the list).

I will post an update and a link here when I have completed all 26 videos.

Good luck to all the contestants,

Jazabelle
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh darn . . . Wish I hadn't missed this one!
  9. suka Well-Known Member

looking back, i can only ask "WHY". there is no reason to give trustee access to ANYONE of your house. not that they can move anything in a published house, but that it is overstepping all boundaries. you should only give trustee access to close friends and family members you trust and know. not to someone just because they are putting on a contest.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

merriel, you i know and trust. but i am wanting to know why anyone would give access to a PUBLISHED house to anyone. they can't decorate without your knowledge. they can't move or remove anything, but it seems like a huge overstepping of boundaries. i should have spoken up sooner. but now there is a new contest and i do hope no one makes that mistake again and i will bring it up
  11. Prisstine New Member

I believe the reason she required access was to make sure others weren't cheating. If they were building before the start period, I'm sure she would pack up their things in the crate or something like that. Jazabelle also required trustee access in the Secret Santug event so she could assign decorators anonymously. Honestly, if you think it's overstepping, simply do not participate. Jazabelle is putting on the contest, so it's pretty fair that she set the rules to make everything easiest for her.
  12. Iosabella New Member

The trustee access was -before a house was published-, to ensure that people were not staging the house and building things beforehand. The rules were clear that building was not to start until a specific time, and the trustee access was there to ensure that this did NOT happen. While everyone would love to believe that all the people signing up for a contest would follow the rules, that is definitely not the case.

Please make up your mind as to whether or not you want Jazabelle to ensure an even and fair playing field, or if you feel that she's working too hard to make things even and fair by ensuring that people do not cheat. I have no idea where this vendetta of yours started, but you're getting quite a bit ridiculous in your contradictory accusations.
  13. Zhadowsee New Member

First, Jazabelle has already provided an answer as to "why" she requires Trustee, and the person who asked the question was satisfied.

Second, Jazabelle's track record is exemplary. She has done nothing to abuse anyone's trust regarding Trustee access on anyone's home.

Third, anyone who has a concern can talk to her privately, further learn her reasons, negotiate a compromise, suggest an alternative, etc. Complaining gets people nowhere. Brainstorming solutions can only reinforce what currently exists, or help a group/society/culture to better themselves.

Suka, are you suggesting that Jazabelle is not a trustworthy player? She's been recognized not only by peers of her community, but by original developers as well. Honestly, if you have that much of an issue with her methodology, just don't participate.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

the swap thing i can understand since it was a secret decorator thing. that is totally different. but she had over 80 people entering. that means going to each house. what a headache. but really, it is a game contest. if you set the theme and announce it on the date it is to start, they can't very well prepare in advance. and if you want to be trusted, you have to show that you trust others. i would think she had a big enough job without having to police people. and it is not a vendetta. i am noticing some problems with the contests she runs and i have been communicating what i have noticed to her. but i am at a loss why anyone would go along with giving trustee access to anyone. not that she would take anything, but that it seems a bit much
  15. suka Well-Known Member

no not that she is untrustworthy, but that some things seem a bit controlling. when i first started following her posts, her rules were not so strict or strange. i guess she is trying to address other things that she has had to deal with. who knows, maybe there were problems with some people that made her decide that she had to crack down on everyone.
  16. Zhadowsee New Member

Yes, putting control methods in place because That Guy had to be a rotten apple and make things less enjoyable for everyone is never pleasant. However, it's necessary, and I'm glad you see that.

Also, when there are too many of Those Guys which over time results in plethora of control methods, there then comes along someone who will say "There are too many control methods, and this is bad." Usually they'll communicate with the host and give no thought as to why those methods are in place, nor will they give thought to the perceptions of the host.

There is usually no pleasing these people. Usually what happens in the end is these people accuse the host of being a control freak, but then turn around and detail how the host should do things, and no other method is acceptable. It is a losing battle that only leaves the host frustrated, and the disgruntled party angry and feeling victimized.

But now I'm rambling. You've already acknowledged that there were probably unfortunate events that caused Jazabelle to put these controls into play. I'm just hoping Jazabelle does not have to deal with a potential martyr.
  17. Prisstine New Member

Jazabelle announces contests in advance so people can plan to participate. Making sure everyone abides by the rules does not mean she is controlling, but rather that she wants everyone to have a shot at winning. And yes, going from house to house is a headache. That just shows how much work she is willing to put in to make sure her contests are FAIR. Your arguments are contradicting, and you seem to answer your own remaining questions with your previous post. Obviously, you have a problem with Jazabelle. Maybe you should just cut your losses and leave it alone. Don't participate if you don't like it.
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Suka, please. I don't think Homeshow needs saving from poorly managed contests, and to be honest, I don't think these contests are all that poorly managed. I enjoy them! I enjoy seeing the finished entries, even if I don't enter the contest myself. I like to watch the video tours and go into game on the various servers to tour them myself. (Videos and screenshots just don't do homes justice!) I like seeing the new ideas people come up with, and I like being inspired by my fellow decorators.

You guys do inspire me.

If you don't like the rules of the contest, then don't enter. It's that simple, but please stop this silliness and let the rest of us enjoy our time in Homeshow. At the rate you're going, no one will ever want to host another contest or challenge again. Don't be the sour apple that ruins it for the rest of us. Please.