(Contest, all servers) Retreats of the Rulers

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Foretold Well-Known Member

I wish I had time to participate... I spent yesterday mulling it over, trying to find time, but its just not there. I am, however, SOOO going to tour every last one of the entries. This is shaping up to be an awesome contest :D Good luck to everyone!
  2. Raainy Member

Server Name: Crushbone
    Character Name: Raainy
    Homeowner Name: Wiinter
    The home address: Tenebrous Island Refuge, South Qeynos
    Which Ruler are you decorating for?: Queen Antonia Bayle
    What style of Retreat are you decorating?: Hunting Lodge
  3. Vashte Active Member

Server Name: Butcherblock
    Character Name: Vashte
    Homeowner Name: Vashte
    The home address: Fish's Alehouse Luxury Apartment, Qeynos Harbor, Top Floor, middle door on the left with the orange floor rug.
    Which Ruler are you decorating for?: Queen Antonia Bayle of Qeynos
    What style of Retreat are you decorating?: Summer Palace

(access given to Jazabelle)
  4. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Reminder: Today is the FINAL DAY to sign up for the competition. Signups close at 11:59 PM PST tonight!

Please ensure that Jazabelle (all servers except Oasis, where it's Jazabella), Iosabella (AB only), and Meeba (AB only) are trustee.

You need to CHANGE THE NAME of your home to be "(Optional ruler name) Retreat Style by DecoratorName (RotR2015)" (Example: Antonia's Secret Apartment by Jazabelle (RotR2015) or Secret Apartment by Jazabelle (2015)). If the name is too long to fit, please abbreviate or condense as appropriate, but BE SURE to include "RotR2015" in the name.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Xenie New Member

Server Name: Butcherblock
    Character Name: Malice
    Homeowner Name: Malice
    The home address: Galleon of Dreams
    What style of Retreat are you decorating?: Secret Apartment
  6. Xenie New Member

House named and trustee access given to Jazabelle
  7. Metacirra New Member

Jazabelle, I have granted trustee access as requested; however, I don't understand why trustee access is required for the judging of our entries. I simply ask because I don't grant trustee lightly to any project or property I own within the game. Please expand on that particular requirement for the competition.
    Thank you,
    Meta
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Metacirra, while I can't answer your question as to why it is required in this particular contest, I can tell you that Jaz and her guild run contests like this quite often and I participated in the 2014 House Swap event they put on for Frostfell.

Jaz and those she asks to be put on trustee are well known in the Homeshow channel and I believe them to be very trustworthy, if that will help put your mind at ease. They have been playing the game for a number of years and I feel are not like to jeopardize their good names by doing anything fiendish. I am on the Butcherblock server and do not play on the AB server, so I only know them via the Homeshow channel and these forums, yet I can assure you that I have yet to remove them from trustee status on the home I submitted to be decorated last December, and nothing at all has come up missing, to this day (not that I expected anything to, or I'd have removed them long ago, hehe).

I know that for the house swap, it was essential to put others on trustee status, because the person to decorate your home for you was a secret and we were not supposed to view our homes until Dec 24, no sooner, so as to be pleasantly surprised.

I honestly wish I could participate in this event, but I have grave doubts that I will be able sit at my desk long enough to really do much decorating, so I will simply submit my best wishes to all who are participating, and I hope that you all have as much fun decorating for this contest as I did for the house swap event last December. :)
  9. Dannnni Active Member

If they do not have trustee access they cannot determine items... or have access to saved layouts. IE- I could with trustee access go into your home and save a layout and empty your moving crate and see if you have placed items and started decorating early. I think the access thing also helps make it easy for them to portal to your place to check on status.

I am not concerned with it. Looking forward to getting started....
  10. liladieni New Member

Server Name: Crushbone
    Character Name: Lorrissa
    Homeowner Name: Lorrissa
    The home address:Glacial Villa Frostfang Sea
  11. Gaediianiel Member

Server Name: Antonia Bayle
    Character Name: Gaediianiel
    Homeowner Name: Gaediianiel
    The home address: 18 Lucie Street, South Qeynos
  12. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Metacirra,

I understand your hesitancy, and sympathize completely. Once the contest is over, you are welcome to remove trustee.

It is as Dannni said--trustee allows us to easily enter your home via the housing portal in order to check the name, whether you've paid the rent, and whether the home is pre-decorated, or is packed up and empty for the competition as requested. My characters on other servers are low level (level 2-5, mostly), and so I cannot easily visit the various homes, especially if they're in a city of an opposite alignment. The trustee allows me to check the things I need to, and to teleport there. Even running across the city to get to a home is time consuming when you a) don't have a mount, and b) have over 20 homes you need to check in a timely manner across various servers :)

Rest assured that my home server is Antonia Bayle, where I have more than enough items to keep me busy for years to come, without resorting to sneaking off with other peoples' items. And on the other servers, I have no interest in items, period. All of my time investment is on AB. I understand that you are not accusing me of such, but I also know that that is a big fear of people when they grant someone unknown to them trustee on their house.

I am the only one on servers other than AB that requires trustee. On AB, the others were given trustee just in case something happened to me, and they needed to take over, or if I ran out of time because of off-server checking.

You will not be required to grant trustee to judges. That is another reason I've requested trustee--I can go through during the judging period, and set judges to FRIEND access (additionally, your home will be on the Leaderboards, so items will be locked down).

I have no interest in anyone's layouts of their contest entries. I prefer to build my own homes from scratch, as I have rather particular tastes. Additionally, this is a well publicized contest, and it will be quite obvious who the creators of each entry are--the contest name is in the Leaderboard entry, after all!

I hope this puts your mind at ease,

Jazabelle
  13. Metacirra New Member

Jazabelle,
    Thank you, I appreciate the explanation and I'm quite comfortable with your requirement.
    Best,
    Meta
  14. Cerinthe New Member

Server Name: Oasis
    Character Name: Cerinthe
    Homeowner Name: Cerinthe
    The home address: 15 Tranquil Way
    Which Ruler are you decorating for?: Antonia Bayle
  15. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Because of the 5 hour maintenance on Monday, and the server hiccups the rest of this week, the final day of decorating has been changed from May 1st to May 3rd.

You have two more days to decorate! Use them wisely.
  16. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Clarification:

Homes must be published on or before May 3rd at 11:59 PM PST. So if you're finished right now, you may publish right now. However, if you don't finish and publish until May 4th at 12:01 AM PST, your home will be disqualified.
  17. SnapdragonFlora New Member

Hunting Lodge (RotR2015) by Snapdragon. under Medium Homes, is now published.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aelissa like this.
  18. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Hunting Lodge by Boglily (RotR2015) is now published under medium homes, AB server. Now to get back to Niboota's guild hall.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  19. Niboota Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAY!!!
  20. liladieni New Member

Secret Apartment by Lorrissa is now published on Crushbone...Medium homes.