Conslidated Berserker Combat Art Class Issues

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED--Aonein-, Mar 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Broken Berserker Combat Abilities:
    Printed - 03-23-05
    Updated - 04-27-05

War Chant - Is still not upgrading per quaility level. I just upgraded War Chant from Apprentice IV to Adept I with no quaility change what so ever, App IV was add 12 to STR group buff and War Chant Adept I is also add 12 to STR group buff but naturally uses more power. Adept I to Adept III is also having the same problems. Seeing as the power usage is increasing, so should the amount of STR in return for the extra amount of power usage.

Fury -

Greater Fury -

Unbridled Fury - While this line of arts has been fixed to a 15 min timer ( finally ) it is still randomly dropping. Reason or cause is completely unknown at this stage and everyones suggestion seems to be different from another. All we are asking is, is it a set amount of procs, and if so, then can we get a display of how many proc's it is like Intervene for example, where it states it only takes upto 20 successful attacks. Maybe something here in the lines of, Counterattacks upto 20 times upon a successful attack.

Fury - This is our level 48 combat art that is suppose to upgrade Rage. Now we dont currently get this combat art upon hitting level 48 and the only way to get it is scribe the Apprentice II version OR have a Alcy make you the combat art and scribe it. Once we do scribe the art, it then registers as Enrage in our knowledge book. Also as you can see its named after our Fury combat art that we also get at level 22, so it looks like the reason we arent getting the upgrade to Rage is because its thinking we already have it in the form of Fury but as a totally different art which then once scribed is being shown as Enrage, phew. Wondering if this can be looked into please SoE.

Coup de Grace - The description on both top and bottom of this skill say nothing about a small chance at Berserking upon the death of a enemy. It clearly states it grants a short berserk after the death of the target if killed shortly after using Coup de Grace. Now as it is, when triggered, this icon comes up in the maintained window that lasts around 5 seconds, if the mob dies while this buff is blinking, it rarely puts the Berserker in berserk mode, its rare chance, where both descriptons on top and bottom clearly show, when the mob dies this spell WILL put the caster in berserk mode, not a chance.

Rupture - This skill is basically doing the same as Coup De Grace, there is no Berserk upon a mobs death, none. It doesnt say a small chance to Berserk, it says " Grants a short berserk after the death of the target if killed shortly after using Rupture ". Now as it stands, there is no Berserking going on even if you use this skill to kill the mob with.

Stand Firm -

Infuriation -

Vehemence - These three combat arts are working as intended in reguards to casting the buff and seeing a icon up in the maintained spell bar, but when it comes to the amount of avoidance % its suppose to add, what exactally are we suppose to be seeing, because its not showing any change what so ever. Are we suppose to see any change in the avoidance number or is it just a percent chance extra to perform each part of the avoidance number, for example, if a hit pass's Base avoidance and goes to Block, do we get a 35% extra chance at performing a succesful Block, and if it pass's through Block do we get a 35% extra chance at performing a succesful Parry? I think this would clear alot of confusion up about this skill.

Rampage - This has been fixed and working again, problem is now its on a 1 hour timer still, was wondering if we can have the timer looked at and maybe brought back down to the orginal 1.5 min reuse timer it once had in the beginning please.

Rescue - Is on a 1800 second = 30 minute timer. For any Fighter class, this would be of much more use if it was on a 10 - 15 min timer because as it is, i dont even have it loaded in my hot buttons because of the insane amount of time it takes to reuse it, its basically pointless when i can just use a combination of group buff and High damage DPS combat art's to pull agro off a caster / healer just as easy.

Stifled Rage - Does not stack with Soilders Stance or Unflinching Will. Seeing as this spell decreases the Attack Speed of the caster by 20%, this should stack giving the trade off we have for the extra defense.

Controlled Rage - Same as Stifled Rage ( Above )

Promise of Violence - After a bit of playing around with this art, it seems it isnt stacking with War Chant. When used without War Chant, we get the full amount stated in the description, when used with War Chant, we are only getting 11 added to STR from the art. Just wondering if this is intended or a possible bug.

Mangle - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Maul - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Relentless Battering - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Shield Bash - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Raging Blows - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Bully - Is not being displayed in the maintained spell window.

Quaility enchancements - To Combat Arts and Spells in the form of Apprentice I to Adept 3 have the most minimal upgrade that its almost not worth the money you have to pay for the rares or the time you have to put in to farm the rares. Like i suggested before, we know SoE cannot fully control a player controlled market system, which is not what i would expect, but what i would expect is a greater increase in skills / spells then +1 skill point, +10hp or +30 threat postion, especially when some of these rares are costing in excess of 1 - 3 plat and up and take days and days to harvest.
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 04-27-2005 01:55 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zerofault Guest

Vehemence doesn't appear to increase anything, tried casting on a group member with no change to avoidance %, parry,block, defense or anything... same result when cast on myself, I have Master 1 of the skill that apparently doesn't do anything...

Lodoz
  3. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

Thanks for the list. Moved to the Berserker forum so it is easier to keep track of.
  4. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 04-13-2005 08:16 PM
  5. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

GOD [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] it, i went to delete this post and it deleted the one on the Combat arts also, is there anyway to roll it back up with out having to repost it all?
    Taemek Frozenberg 45th Berserker
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server
  6. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Give me a hour ill have to retype it all up, /sigh, ...........................
  7. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Ok fixed and back up. Again if i have left anything out please post here and i will keep this page very very updated.
    For some reason i posted this list on the Combat, Abilites and Spells forum, but it was moved here for reasons unknown when the problems are to do with Combat, Abilities and Spells to begin with.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

8. ARCHIVED-DrMarshmallow Guest

Balok's challenge stifles the target, thats why it doesn't work on triple ups.
  9. ARCHIVED-Snaggletooth Guest

Fair enough, but the taunt should still work.
  10. ARCHIVED-PerinStone Guest

As of a couple of recent patches (not exactly sure when) these DO show up in my maintained spell window for their short duration.
  11. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Coup De Grace:
    After a great deal of experimenting over the last month here is my conclusion on how this spell works and why it needs some work:
    Spell Mechanics:
    1) Activate spell.
    2) Spell counter winds down in maintained spell window (approx 5 seconds).
    3) If the mob dies during the wind down AND YOU SCORE A SUCCESSFUL HIT there is an extremely small chance that a new icon will appear in the maintained window for an indeterminant time (no time is associated with icon). While this new icon is up there is then a chance that on any death of an MOB that the berserker will go berserk (assumption on my part subjective examination on my part seemed to imply this is so).
    Mechanics areas I believe are broken/need assessment:
    a) The extremely small chance of the the "new" icon apearing. It appears to be on the magnitude of 1-2 pct. With this low of percentage chance it just isnt worth the "twitch" reflex to try to time this with the death of a MOB. I would suggest either increasing the "wind down" time or altering the pct chance to trigger upward.
    b) When the "new" icon pops in maintained spells (possibly in spells in effect but I couldnt find it there); there is no timer associated with it. Becuase of this it isnt possible (by my experience) to get a feeling for when this buff expires OR if additional Coup De Grace will refresh this. I would suggest examining the maintained icon to give a time and/or allow refreshes of the buff with other successful "wind down" hits.
    c) alter the berserk state that ensues from this craft to say "berserk-coup de grace". This would differentiate this from berserk states triggered from other crafts (controversial and something to be discussed by Bers community).
    EDIT (25 March):
    - Confirmed the timer on the "new" icon at 2 minutes (timed it manually). Out of 80+ succesful kills/succesful hits with "wind down" icon up only got 1 Coup De Grace "new icon".
    - Confirmed icon ONLY shows in maintained spells (with target of player) and not in main spell bar. Confirmed there is no timer on "new" icon still.
    - Confirmed that with "new" icon up YOU DO NOT BERSERK on every mob death within that 2 minute period.
    So this spell has a double whammy; you need to twitch in on a extremely low probablity to get the "new" icon to appear AND then you have to get lucky within that 2 minute period that you get Berseks States when the mobs die.
    This spell really needs to be tuned.

Message Edited by CherobylJoe on 03-25-2005 11:51 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Reckless Stance
    This skill works, but it give a very small % of avoidance and cost 3 concentration slots. Why so much concentration for that skill? It should cost 1 or 2 slots but not 3.
  13. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Thats strange cause i tested these myself before i put that post up, and they didnt show for me, ill test it again for awhile and see if they show up.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

14. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yep, Balok's Challenge should only be partially resisted, but the taunt part of teh combat art should still work, reguardless.
    By the way, i didnt test Balok's Challenge, thats a copy paste from someone else that did cause ive already /respeced, so i cant test it.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

15. ARCHIVED-Mielx Guest

16. ARCHIVED-PerinStone Guest

Double checked last night, and all the skills that have some sort of damage or debuff over time were showing up in both the left and right spell bars. Of course they only last for a few seconds... Very odd if it works differently for different people. Are you using a custom UI ( I am using the standard)? There have been some issues lately with those, maybe this is the same.
  17. ARCHIVED-Thuyker Guest

Rupture and Mutilate both show up on my maintained spells window - checked just a minute ago.
    Message Edited by Thuyker on 03-24-2005 01:29 PM
  18. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Hmmmm im using standard UI also and dont seem to be getting them to come up in ethier bar, left or right, and there hitting cause i can see the damage in my damage window registering it. Not sure whats up.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

19. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Ok figured out the reason why nothing was coming up in my maintained window, was because it was hiding behind my buff window :smileyindifferent:, i know shoosh.
    So i tested them all again, and the ones that didnt comes up i left in the list, and i tryed and tryed again to get them to show up but they didnt, all the ones that worked i removed and updated the list. I also removed Balok's Challenge, cause it says on the description of the skill, cannot not effect Epic Targets, so thats the way it is.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 11:52 AM
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 11:52 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-MFHFozzy Guest

So this was moved back to the Beserker forum. Is that the extent of fixing were gonna get from the Devs?

These skills have been FUBAR since release. For [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]s sake, can we get a COUPLE god [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] skill fixes once in a while?
    Give us 2 per [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing update and ill be happy dammit. At least well see SOME [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing work being done.

Sorry for the language, but how freaking long do we have to wait??!?!?!?!