Considering a Clothing Shop

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

So for a very long time, I've wished there was a way to look at all the armor/clothing sets in game, because how my character is dressed is very important. A troll's gotta look her best, after all! I know I am not the only person who feels this way, so I'm thinking about starting to collect as many sets of armor and clothing as I can for mannequins and commissioning someone to design a clothing shop for me (since there's no way I'd ever finish it myself :rolleyes:).

However, before I start this (possibly), I just want to make sure that someone hasn't already done this. As far as you know, does a clothing shop like this exist, which is also being kept up to date?
  2. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

I believe Elyana is creating a clothing shop on Unrest for a project she is working on.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Kelvani Well-Known Member

While Xire is correct in saying that I have a clothing shop, it is far FAR from the concept that Niboota has. Mine is a simple tailor shop on my tenebrous tangle crafting isle, and will never be able to be what Niboota is looking for! However, I do know Luminosa has a WIP house of player made gear (you recently reviewed one of her homes), and I think she has some other plans in the works as well. You might want to talk to her Niboota and coordinate with her =D

Editted to add:

I WISH there was a EQ2decorators type website for clothing.... with filters for class and level restrictions.. player made, quested, looted, faction.... and sortable by color as well!

HEY! A girl can dream....

/dreams
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There is that museum in the Court of the Master...brief pause whilst I refresh the zonked-out kitteh memory...

Okay, here's the link:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...d-the-norrath-museum-of-crafted-armor.561780/

The most recent, that is. I realize this is for armor, but a lot of "armor" is also cloth, so... ;->

Oh! Another link that mentions it, has more pics:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-norrath-museum-of-crafted-armor.559537/

Another link:

http://eq2.eqtraders.com

Ably put together by our own beloved Denmum, this has articles on crafted items (look for the Fashion button on the left-hand menu), but I'm not sure how updated the clothing pages are (though her Ogress buddy also wants to be in vogue, so you're not alone, Nib! ;->)...

Uwk
    Merriel and suka like this.
  5. Niboota Well-Known Member

I will check with Luminosa!

And I agee! I would love a searchable database for armor and clothing like EQ2furniture!
  6. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

Ah, so do I, funny this should be brought up. I was recently talking to Elyana how difficult it is for a Erudite to find flattering clothing. xD
  7. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I just want to say .. mannequins can cause performance issues. At least it did years ago when I was messing around with large numbers of them while building my "Shrine to ?????" house. I have over 50 in one small area and it caused noticeable frame rate issues. I think they were the ones with the swirly vortex animation so maybe that dint help the issue.. IDK .. It might be worth testing it out.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, any animation (pets flapping their wings, swirly/sparkly/whatever, etc.) seems to really drag things down...I always had to worry whenever I'd see the flying pets, for example, stop flapping; I knew I was in danger of getting booted for memory issues then. :-/

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

There are a few simple issues with cloaks as well. Some cloaks end up looking pure white on mannequins (my guess is they have different appearances dependent upon race, class, etc). One cloak specifically comes to mind...a Frostfell cloak, umm, I can't think of the name right off hand and I'm not sure that it has a different appearance on different classes or races either, but the crafting class specific cloaks do the same thing. I'll have to check next time I'm on and post the name for the Frostfell cloak for you here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  10. Niboota Well-Known Member

Well maybe Lera wants to make a database for armor and clothing! ;)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I asked Lera in a PM to add the notes in EQ2 Furniture about which rugs, tapestries, etc. are visible from underneath, or walk-through, or whatever, and I got the impression back of many, many alligators and an undrained swamp...I think if we want this, we can help out and meet poor Lera at least half-way; the Museum and any work done for a Tailor Shop would be a big help! :)

Uwk
    who knows the data on the rugs, tapestries, etc. does exist out there...
    Merriel likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just had a thought; now that we have /sleep commands (/sleep01 or /sleep02, depending on which side you like to sleep on), we need jammies! Pajamas! Jim-jams! :D

Uwk
    Merriel and Niboota like this.
  13. Niboota Well-Known Member

If Lera actually wanted to make an armor/clothing database I'd give her any help she needed!!
  14. suka Well-Known Member

Naboota have you gone to look at the crafted armor museum? of course, that is only crafted armor. I am considering making another museum but i would need other people to help with armor i don't have. i didn't keep much because all of my banks are full of armor and no more room. there is a whole lot of armor in the game.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

there used to be one. I used it extensively. but then it got taken down. haven't been able to find one since. it had the different styles including closeups and told what armor followed those styles

you see, the main problem is there are a certain number of styles. then they made a lot of armor named different things that followed those styles. there were a few that crafted armor followed. but you can find the styles of the crafted armor in dropped armor a lot of times. so when you start collecting the different styles, you end up with several drops, each named differently, that all look alike. finding the unique basic factor is the hardest thing of all.

when i went to the old site i was surprised to find all of this out. i wish the site was still up. i will try to find it for you in case some remnants of it is still in existance
  16. suka Well-Known Member

you might want to check out these sites. i am still looking for the site that was my favorite for so long.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Armor_Set_Images
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Armor_Sets
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Armor_(EQ2_Quest_Series)
    http://www.eq2designgallery.com/clothing.html

the old site i was looking for was eq2alchemy/closet. it has been removed, However i found these sites while searching for it:
    http://gallery.mysstie.com/eq2/self-portraits/mysstie/mysstie-10jun2011.jpg.php

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Category:Relic_Armor_(EQ2)

this one is the closest in form to the other closet:
    http://tshrew.net/closet/index.html
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have some of the looted/quest reward armor and a few sets of armor that were purchased in the cash shop way back when I first started playing this game...before I realized how little space I would have to keep these things. I don't think I have any complete sets of the looted/quest reward armor though. I kind of got to the point where I started destroying some pieces to make room for newer, cooler looking stuff, as my house vault is plumb full of armor and weapons for appearance purposes and mannequin usage. I also have a few cloaks from LoN and such, if someone intends to put together a shop or museum for this, and would like these item appearances for mannequins.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, I'd like to see the mannequins (or a reasonable facsimile, since we can now "customize" both mannequins and Actors), be able to STORE stuff we put on them: get it out of our inventory, out of the Bank, out of the House Vault (I only use that for house items, but that's just me, probably), etc. Folks have mentioned this before, or maybe making "wardrobes," like Depots, just for storing Appearance items, but it would still be cool to do something like the Sets of stuff they keep crowing about that we can do in the Character sheet now ("Have one Set for crafting, one for adventuring, one for Appearance while crafting, you name it! :D" "Great, o Powers, but we really need that ability in our houses/guild halls..."). It's not terribly useful, imho, being confusing as heck to set up. :-/

And it STILL doesn't get the gear out of your bags, from what I hear... :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and suka like this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

What i would like to see is something similar to rift. if you collect something on one toon, the appearance gets recorded for all of your characters. then you are free to get rid of anything you don't want to keep. you can then go to wardrobe and use the item for any toon. LOTRO also has a similar system.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

EQ2TC Fashion
    The link above has some information on armor.

And it would be great to have an appearance storage/discovery system where you unlock the appearance and can discard the item. I have so much space taken up by items I kept for their looks.
    Merriel, suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.