Considering a Clothing Shop

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Linnlyna Member

On AB I have an armor shop with a lot of the updated armor player made its in Freeport Emberburns Everfrost housing

Linn
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Abso-blinkin-lutely! That sounds great. :)

Wish we had that on WoW, too, back in the day; one thing you can say about That Other Game, when they give something an awesome name, item-wise, they back it up ("Godslayer Starkiller Bow of Shoot Everything Down" should look kick-@$$, not like "a generic stick of curved wood"). ;->

Just wish I could've hung onto some of that there; no Appearance slots... :(

Uwk
    Merriel and suka like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

one thing i like about LOTRO crafting. If you make a rare item (which is made from crafting and not from the materials) you get to name it. You can choose anything you like for that awesome looking bow you just made. Some people buy things in the Auction House there just for what it was named.

one thing i don't like about LOTRO is the way they do their wardrobe. You have to first pay to open warrdrobe and then you pay for slots. you get 10 slots to put armor in, which you can change in and out of slots, and then pay if you want more slots. And if you dye something (yeah i wish we had dyes here) it stays that way.

The way Rift did it, you get a wardrobe. You pay to unlock more armor dyes over the few you get automatically. (you dye the slot like in EQ1 and not the pieces). Then as you collect pieces of an appearance set, which is the appearances on normal armor and weapons that drop in the game or you create by crafting, you get achievements - first armor achievements for unlocking that appearance by looting, and then set achievements for having gotten the complete set.

It encourages people to go after those rare sets that drop from monsters, then they get to sell them in the AH which makes them a bit of money as someone who doesn't want to go out and get the achievement for the kill grabs up the set.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would love to see this, but take it one step further, else you'll still have reasons to keep some of those armor/clothing items. In addition to unlocking the appearance for all your characters on your account, I'd also like to be able to use those 'appearances' on mannequins without actually having to keep the items. I could finally free up all my house vaults from all the appearance armor I have stashed. Heck, I'd be happy if it only unlocked the appearance for my one character, if it means I can finally delete/destroy all that clothing/armor.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

oh no merriel, i would still have to keep it if it only unlocked for one toon. i have over 40 toons who i would have to either pass it to or get it again. let us please have the ability for the whole account and our house actors. and then i will only destroy the heirloom and get them again on the other accounts
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh heirloom items, yeah, whole account...no reason not to. I was thinking soulbound stuff as most of what I have in my house vaults is soulbound stuff that I kept to use on mannequins.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

soulbound stuff is where the ability to be on the whole account comes in handy
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Kiannarose's Clothing Shop on Splitpaw server in NQ.
  9. Niboota Well-Known Member

Is that crafted only? Or does this player included quested and looted armor as well?
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I went to check out the house it is under Medium. There are only 2 mannequins and 1 house actor. So not what you were talking about doing Niboota. :(
  11. Niboota Well-Known Member

Oh ok thank you for scouting that Oaky Pokey!
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well to answer the question in my own behalf . . It is basically only clothing. Not armor. I am not an armorsmith. I am a Tailor. Yes I do only have 2 mannequins . . It was during a time when Mannequins were not that easy to come by. I hqad to work with what I could get.
    I am just a small shop. I certainly cannot compete with the bigger department stores that carry everything from cotton to mithril.
    I also live in the lower area. It is small kitchenette.
    Thank you Ocarinah for visiting . . . however I think your assesment of my store leaves much to be desired.
  13. Niboota Well-Known Member

I'm certain she didn't mean any insult Quiarrah. I was looking for a home that has everything displayed so a person could zone in and quickly find examples of armor and clothing, because I was thinking about getting some people together to create one if there wasn't one around already. I'm sure your shop is just as well decorated as your homes and your crates are well stocked! :)
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Thank you Niboota
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am very sorry you thought I was insulting you. I was not. It was a very nice house. I was just sad that there is still no place we can go for looking at all the different options we have for clothing. I wasn't in the best frame of mind yesterday. I got extremely bad news from two loved ones and was trying to distract myself so I would stop crying. I am disabled and have been sick so I am not handling stress very well. Very sorry please forgive me.
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that Ocarinah. Accepted.