Conjuror's Communion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by echooo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. echooo Member

Not sure if this is just for me, but this spell is bugged to HELL. In Planes of Magic, It does any absurd amount of damage, with the aery assassin and mage stealing aggro from me and my Planeswalker. However, outside of Planes of Magic, the dumbfire pets spawned by communion don't even do any damage. What is up with this?
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

It's a conjuror's best spell, so it should be doing a lot of damage. Not sure why it wouldn't do damage elsewhere, I don't have that issue. Where exactly is it happening?
    Wreakinn likes this.
  3. Wreakinn Member

Hmmm. Haven't seen this. Have noticed that Fire Seed and Kinetic Absorption? are showing the same damage/healing regardless of rank. So there are definitely bugs in play....
  4. Ntai New Member

Fire seed is behaving that way only if you have your epic 2.0 done. Conflagration replaces Fire Seed's effect with the new one (fervor and a better proc). Since it's a straight replacement, the tier of the underlying spell does not seem to come into effect.

Whether this is a bug or not I'm not sure on. It would seem a little silly to have to upgrade fire seed when we already upgraded Conflagration. So I'm leaning towards intended.
    Wreakinn likes this.
  5. echooo Member

So, I've still not gotten an answer. Communion still does virtually no damage for me. What is going on?
  6. Ntai New Member

Can you give me an example (show me a parse)? I haven't seen anything unusual personally, but I've primarily been in PoM and the various new instances.
  7. Wreakinn Member

Need the following:
    your level, potency, and rank of spell.

I cannot see how this is doing no damage, there has to be something we are overlooking. No problem with this spell, does massive damage as usual.

I have learned that there are semi-caps with potency with PoP. Eg: 26k does next to nothing, 41k will do an order of magnitude more. I do not know how this works. Think it is in a thread in this section though.
  8. Wreakinn Member

Also: it is doing massive damage for you in PoM and no damage where?
  9. echooo Member

It does massive dmg in PoM, does nothing in other zones.
  10. Wreakinn Member

No disrespect, but you said that already. Please answer the other questions and perhaps we can figure that out.
  11. echooo Member

Potency : 40k
    Level 105
  12. echooo Member

you literally asked "Also: it is doing massive damage for you in PoM and no damage where?" and I answered you. What.
  13. Wreakinn Member

Ty. That answers a lot of questions. So we can rule out this new potency baseline and the tier of your spell.

When you say "all other zones", do you mean the new zones in PoP, or literally all other zones? At lvl 105 and 40k, you should be able to go into an easy heroic zone from KA and absolutely lay waste with that spell.
  14. echooo Member

15. echooo Member

It does alot of damage in all Planes of Prophecy zones, but does no damage in any other zone. Also, the KA heroic zones are still extremely difficult to my knowledge, as one of the best Shadowknights on Maj'Dul ( http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594178644812 ) still can't solo the first named in Stronghold, and I can't even get past the majority of trash mobs.
  16. Wreakinn Member

Something doesn't add up here. I could solo XS start to finish with less than 40k. First mob is certainly a pita, but I'm just speaking of using Communion on entry trash mobs to gauge your damage. But no damage at all? Even with a level advantage? And you do more damage in PoP than KA???

Will try to watch video if it is slow enough at work today.
  17. Wreakinn Member

That's a training dummy, dunno if it makes a difference for the points of this testing. I repeat: there is no KA heroic trash mob that should give you pause. Try on a trash mob and see if you get the same results for starters.
  18. Rhoks Active Member

Bump so we can get this fixed
  19. Ntai New Member

Hokay. So.

I've tested this 17 ways to Sunday using Communion IV on Dummies, Solo content, Heroic content, Raid content, and anything else I could cast Communion on. As near as I can tell, it's working fine. ACT picks up it's damage. The parses look accurate. It's doing a good amount of damage. Etc. Ad Nauseum.

The only thing that I see in Echooo's video is that he's using Communion III (last tier) on a 105 training dummy. I can't come up with any reason that should bug things out (as Communion IV isn't until level 110), but for a max level Conjuror casting the most recent version of Communion, I can definitively say it is working fine everywhere that I go.