What's up with Conjuror dumbfire Communion?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sigrdrifa, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I sat down to adjust my casting order today, and dutifully installed my immortal guild hall training dummy, and started testing.

Communion II creates three dumbfire pets, the aery assassin, earthen eliminator, and fiery sorceror. Each of these does melee damage, but each ALSO is supposed to be casting, and that used to be the biggest part of their damage:
    • aery assassin's Aery Assassinate
    • earthen eliminator's Telluric Devastation
    • fiery sorceror's Flames of Destruction
    When I check ACT, however, NONE of the dumbfires in Communion are casting their spells at all:

[IMG]

What happened here?
  2. Jakath New Member

I typically only play on the TLE at this point, but I noticed this as well the last time I logged into AB. Is it possible the spell broke with a recent patch or has the spell been broken for quite some time?

-Jak
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

Works just fine for me /dunno
  4. Rocketjones Active Member

This was posted in another thread. I'm not looking it up. Those abilities hit for obscene amounts, like more than the dummies hp therefore it does not register. You should be asking for the dummies to go immortal with billions of hp. Seems like an easy fix.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was using immortal training dummies. I tried it on both immortal heroic dummies and immortal epic dummies. I re-tried it just now, with a dozen casts of Communion II vs. an immortal heroic dummy, then another twelve vs. an immortal epic dummy. ACT recorded absolutely nothing for the dumbfires except their melee damage. Any ideas why an immortal heroic or epic training dummy isn't getting the dumbfires to cast?

Just to check, I pulled up logs for the last month and looked only at PQs. There it's spotty. I may not be getting numbers because what I'm hitting is too far away, I guess... because I am not seeing casting each PQ. Out of about a dozen, here's what ACT sees:

Telluric Devastation

Flames of Destruction
    (Avg: 38,449)

Aery Assassination
    (Avg: 97,957)

In other words, even with the spell damage, Communion II is only slightly better than Brock's Thermal Shocker.

I guess I'll try to hit a bunch of PQs and stand right on top of the mob and cast Communion II a lot, to see what ACT says then. /sigh
  6. Luzionist Active Member

Why not casting Communion III?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

D'oh! I mean Communion III. It's grandmastered.
  8. Rocketjones Active Member

Pq's are different. You are attacking an epic mob. Unless you are in a 24 man raid, getting all that tasty resolve added to your stats. Your numbers are skewed.
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Punchalotadeeps Member

Communion III at max tier will be always be your top parsing dps zonewide, moreso than ascensions.
    Those 3 pets just straight destroy everything (single and aoe)
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I know that they certainly were effective, but I don't understand why whatever they're doing isn't being picked up in ACT. Not even in a 24-person raid doing the Fens PQ. I guess I should ask if the DPS is greater than Unda or Crystal Blast. I'm mainly trying to figure out where it belongs in my spell rotation.
  11. Punchalotadeeps Member

Should be your first spell in rotation.
    Anunnaki and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Anunnaki Active Member

Something is wrong with your ACT, ive ran numerous tests and checked all my raid parses after you posted this and they are firing as normal and doing a lot of DPS.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Any damage that does more damage than the HP of the training dummy gets lumped into your auto attack damage. this includes any damage that would have killed the dummy and then did more on top, for instance, if the Dummy has 5 mill HP and the skill does 6 mill damage, 6 mill damage is allocated to your auto attack damage.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. However, how about a 24-toon raid in the Fens PQ? Shouldn't that have more HP than whatever damage Communion is doing? Jaled Dar has got to be at least 1.5 billion HP or more, right?
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Damage done during PQs is scaled differently than normal encounters and should not even be looked at on ACT.
    Ashandra and Anunnaki like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Do not EVER test in PGs. Just use a dummy and use outgoing damage instead of outgoing skills.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It doesn't matter how I check it, I'm not seeing the Communion dumbfires casting at all in ACT. I guess the next thing to try is to uninstall then reinstall ACT. This is frustrating because I used to be able to see the values in ACT for the dumbfire spells!
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

I see them when I play a conj and I see them when I'm in a group with a conj. They parse on dummies. I'm not sure what people mean about how any damage over the dummies hp doesnt register... I've parsed a 100b ethershadow on a dummy... should parse just fine. Maybe you do need to reinstall
  19. Luzionist Active Member

Mine are listed under each subtype that they are
  20. Wreakinn Member

Sounds like my average response to one of your impossibly toxic posts. But thanks, the responses of an average brigand are what I need when looking at my class's threads.
    Snikkety likes this.