Conjuror vs. Necromancer

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-EQ2noob, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-scottd34 Guest

I have a conj that I just hit 47 on, and I love the class. Sure it may not be the fastest soloing, but I can take out yellow 3 - 4 levels above me and go from one to the next for a while before I have to stop and regain power.
    I guess the thing is, that each has pros and cons and play whichever one you enjoy more. Sure, I could have gone with a necro that may or may not let me solo faster, but I wouldnt be enjoying it as much.
  2. ARCHIVED-spanktastic Guest

Sorry to revive a month old thread, but I think my question fits here best.

As a necro I can solo nameds in dungeons for chests, can Conjurors do the same?

A friend of mine watched me do it and decided he wanted to try it out, but as a Conjy and not Necro-style. I am ill-informed about this class but want to help him out, since we play mostly at like 4am when nobody else is on, and well, soloing dungeons is fun and sometimes challenging. Is there certain AAs that help at this, or is it just not possible for a Conjuror?
  3. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

once again brining up an old forum post but had to comment. My Conj was a necro till 80 i liked it but the tank pet even when specced for tanking just took to much damage vs heroic mobs. ever since switching to conj the other night i have had no trouble soloing ^^^Heroic yellow and below, i mean links are an issue somtimes but if you avoid that its a breeze. AAs make a big diffrence when soloing as conj. when my necro was lower level like lv24? i used to farm in diffrent instances by aoein burning thru stuff with little problems. but as i got higher level it becamse a bit lackluster and i could no longer solo as efficently as i did before. i was in Karnors castle at lv80 trying to solo ^^^ heroic greens/blues with my tank pet spec and decent gear and had major issues. i since went back at 81 as conj and was taking 2-3 of them at once with little to no problem. yeah 1 level makes a diff but the diffrence was huge even without FD or lifetaps for myself. also i might add master tank pet = win.
  4. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

If you're going to necro 3.5 year old posts, you should at least be pro-necro in your comments.
    I do understand that you're just giving your opinion on the topic, but there really isn't a 3 year old thread worth commenting on at this point. Too much has changed to give previous commentary any attention.
  5. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Both are valid classes but honestly there are few that truly play these classes well and its easy to play them poorly.
    From my perspective, other than the fact they are both pet classes they are pretty different in the way you play them. I would suggest you read over the spells and try them both out and see which you like more. I have a necro I hung up at 72, I have played the conj non stop for years though, it suits my personal play style more. My spouse plays the necro though, she loves it.
  6. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

Onorem wrote:
    RAWR FLEX YOUR FORUM MUSCLES!
  7. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Romulis@Crushbone wrote:
    "forum muscles" have nothing to do with anything. Your post arguing against class specific issues from over 3 years ago is completely worthless. The points they made have absolutely nothing to do with the points you made. If you want to start a new generic discussion about necro v conjy, go ahead.

(Posts should just be autolocked after the OP hits a few months...)
  8. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

It sounds like you could benefit from spending more time on both summoner classes before passing judgement on either of them. I am personally Pro-Necro and all but refuse to play a Conjy and I try to never pass judgement on my fellow summoners, outside of my LB recast timer verses that of EB. I've never felt "intimidated" by a Conjy and always feel my Necro was in better condition game-wise.
    The common fact is both summoner class pets get stronger with gear and will preform completely differently will full AA's; which is better at that point is rather moot.

p.s. I'm wondering if you miss your Necro roots so much to Rezz a 3+ year old post .. made me chuckle a little since Conjy's can't do that innately.
  9. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

meh i was bored figured what the hell :p as far as the root goes.... i still have one as conj :p the only real diffrence imo between conj and necro solo is lifetaps vs stoneskins and yes im tossing tainted heals into lifetaps.. but to compare them if you took lifetaps/stoneskins away they are prestty much the same stuff only diffrent spellnames with diffrent lookin pets. i never had a problem soloing on necro and i havent had any problem soloing in the hole as conj but like said before its all really about gameplay style. and which pet graphic you like the best...or if you wanna be good or evil. i also like the AEs/AOEs that conj has VS Necro much better for AE encounters althought conj has more Pet proc spells unlike necro which keeps ya busy in a group by themsleves. all in all at the end of the dayneither is "better" than the other just diffrent playstyles and gear/skill can be a factor to.
  10. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Red_Rider wrote:
    there are several ways to get more slots, if you choose to not use those ways thats noones fault but your own .
    if you want more slots buy the char slot lon card with plat, or go buy a sc card and buy toon slots with SC.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Romulis@Crushbone wrote:
    Necro's have pet stoneskins as well ... and Pet illusions all come from the SC Marketplace or you're doing it wrong :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

yohann koldheart wrote:
    7 slots is just dumb dude. Once this AoD comes out it better be coming with another slot to match the new class, otherwise it's even less worth buying than it already sounds.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Elskidor wrote:
    you can buy more slots only $10
  15. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Elskidor wrote:
    you can buy more slots only $10
  16. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I have both. My conjy is in the 70's and my necro in the 30's. Both are fun. They play differently enough that I enjoy having both of them.
    And it doesn't matter what their pets look like you can use one of those wands to change their appearance. My conjy is a little halfling and most of the time her pet looks like either a cow or a sheep.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    If adding a new class..add anew character slot. Just makes sense. Who wants to pay 10 addition bucks for a expansion that will have absolutely no new content.
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I don't know anything about Necromancers or Conjurors, but i'm sure they are fine somehow.
  19. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yup, thats right. Most likely because you don't play one. :p

In the end it all boils down to this - Necros get the cool looking pets but everybody knows Conjurors are just awesome.