Community Invitation: Controlled DPS Testing

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Entropy, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

The ranger in your guild is considerably more skilled than you are. He isn't beating you because his class has more DPS potential, Beastlords have higher DPS potential than Rangers. Also, Ranger Hawk doesn't act any different against expert raid mobs than any other pet, I don't know why people keep trying to say they ignore CM. The only thing different on T4 mobs where geomancer does more damage than any other class, at the moment.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Bud he beating rest of BLs as well by good margin on T4/Experts I really don't understand why ppl so furiously hiding their data (unlike BLs).
    Look there is no skills in this game really. Even for lock/BL arguable 2 most complicated DPS classes to play. There are simple factors like SDA/POT/Fervor/Resolve (to meet) - that is all and yeah level of your Ascending
  3. Vogie Active Member

There definitely is something up with Rangers on T4, they are a good chunk higher then everyone else. Doesn't seem to be an issue with Experts at this point but on T4 even when everyone else is lvl10 Geomancer the Ranger still pulls ahead. I think it was either Veta or maybe Yards that mentioned it before and from what I have seen they are correct.
    Snikkety, Azian and Kioske like this.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't confirm that it's an issue with CMIT specifically but the rangers in our guild are both exceptionally well equipped, are generally #4-6 on parse (behind the horde of conjurors and myself, getting lots of fervor in mage group). For T4 they are easily and clearly #1-2 in almost every pull that goes over 2 mins. Looking at their parse breakdown; the hawk goes from its usual state of being amazing DPS into becoming an absolute monster for T4. I can't think of any other variable that is changing other than significantly higher CMIT, unless there's another hidden non debuffable special mit variable that T4s get... which is entirely possible.
    DoomDrake and Vogie like this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I almost hesitate to ask but here is my observation
    While my Ancient Prey Upon Weak in most case scenarios (T1-T3) aren't topping my parse (heck I am happy every time it get in the top 5) on experts and PQs I have notice that Prey Upon Weak jump solidly on top.
    I might also mention that at this moment I do not have any GMed Ascending but my primary class (atm) etheralist is expert on most DPS abilities.
  6. duckster Active Member

T4 fights generally still have the BL on top, ahead of our two rangers.

Depends on group setups too of course but i dont buy this rangers overtaking BLs on T4 only. Its all subject to change with the update (hopefully) with more magical dmg than it currently it is.
  7. Nkito Well-Known Member

Not sure if this means hidden non debuffable mit or just loads of normal mit but Gninja did mention this in another thread: "To answer the question about DPS against a tier 3 versus tier 4. Tier 4 bosses have a lot of inherent mitigation (outside of combat mitigation) They are tougher bosses and as such your dps doesn't do as much to them. That will be true for all tier 4 encounters."
  8. Kioske Well-Known Member

If it was "bypassing CMit" then the hawk would be insane on Expert raid encounters as well. Obviously it has something to do with damage types, because Geo is the hardest hitting ascension on T4 at the moment and they've admitted that it is wrong and is going to be changed.
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

Then this sounds like the culprit, because it's only happening on T4. The Ranger hawk is somehow bypassing either part or all of that portion of mitigation. If by "inherent" mitigation he meant the normal type that we can debuff through phys/magic debuffs, then I assume this means that on T3 and below we have enough combined debuff potential to strip away enough normal mit to essentially cap the max debuff amount (there is a negative number cap - going below zero amplifies your Final Ability Damage). This leads to a situation where it doesn't matter if your ability has a special "ignores regular mit" check on it - everyone just does max possible damage against that resist check.

However, on T4 mobs, they have high enough resists that our debuffs don't even come close to stripping it all away (max negative cap), so if you had an ability like the ranger hawk that was coded to ignore regular resists, it would consistently perform the same regardless of how much debuffing was done.

Either way the question remains: is the hawk supposed to be coded to ignore some kind of resist check, and if so, why would you do that instead of just adjusting its base damage to where you wanted it?
  10. Instagib New Member

I think we have Beastlord DPS figured out..

Would anyone please post some non Beastlord parses please? :confused: