Combat Mechanics and Player Progression - Feedback/Questions

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

The old formula for stat caps was (Level * 15) + 20
    With SF, they removed stat caps, but as far as I can remember, the old diminishing returns formulas were left in place when below 1200. So my best guess is that at level 39, any value over 605 will be worthless to you unless you can get it up to 1200. At 49 its 755.
    One more thing, I think only your primary stat is uncapped in relation to the damage you do. So getting over 1200 stamina won't give you any extra hps.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    While accuracy is a good thing, its a mystery on how +skill vs accuracy are applied in to-hit calculations.
    With 720 skill, what is the cap in accuracy bonus before it comes irrevelant?
    At 600 skill, what is that cap?
    Since both mechanics in essence apply to the same calculation differently, it makes gear decisions more complicated than they should be, and honestly, I thought communicating this type of feedback from game was something they've been trying to improve for years.
    Note: I'm not actually looking for the answers to the above questions, I'm just trying to illustrate how little information we have from the game itself to base decisions on.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    There was a statement too from the devs that for every 30 percent you get over the stat cap, you get 10 percent more damage for you main stat. I believe they said the other stats beside your class main are hard capped as in once you reach the number using the forumula above, you will get no more benefit from them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Any way to get the link in the first post updated for the new expansion? Its a great tool to link to people that are starting the game, but I fear its not up to date anymore... Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Priam Pendragon Guest

Regarding mitigation debuf, is there a maximum benifit to players damage obtained from debuffing epic monsters? If there is a maximum bebuf benifit to players what is that limit?
    I swear I remember Epic monsters mitigation (arcane for example) was reduced to 0 baseline, and all mitigation reductions lowered it providing more of a benifit.
  6. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    is there an Update to the Combat Mechanics for DoV ?
    I'm specifically looking for Caps - whats capped and whats not.
    Regards, theriatis.
  7. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Would be great if they could update the Combat Mechanics Page to current content... Its a GREAT source of info for new and old players alike, if it were up to date
  8. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Ghettoblaster@Nagafen wrote:
    Any update in the future? I have refered endless people to the first thread, but its becoming quickly outdated for many things, would be great if I could point people to an updated list...
  9. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

mechanics that aren't posted are usually subject to change and thus are not posted because of that.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    What? that doesn't make any sense... it's not that mechanics aren't posted, its that the OLD OLD mechanics are posted... it was updated last over a year ago... It needs to be updated with current DoV mechanics..
  11. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Helpful as the post was at the time, it's now quite useless. Will a new version be posted? Or are all efforts now going to EQ3?
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    if you understand what's going on then you understand what has changed and what has not since that post. it's not worth making another post for a few changes imo. it's not like devs job is to post stuff on this forum, the mechanics post was a nice jesture on xelg's part, not something he had to do. after all you don't go into your restaurant and demand the chef show you how the food is made?

some of the stuff is not there (like exact hit rates formulas) but that's because these mechanics are ever changing and would require constant updates, even more so than those posted here.
  13. ARCHIVED-Soing Guest

Hello,
    ressource in French language is difficult to find for a new player. Translations seem to take a lot of time. Therefore, I resolve to go for English forum and then I would request clarification from veteran players please
    What is exactly the difference between:
    ability Recovery Speed and Ability Reuse Speed?
    It sounds really similar when reading. I never notice a gap of time between casting two spells or abilities. Is there one?
    When reading:
    • Ability Modifier: Ability Modifier increases the amounts of all abilities. It caps at 50% of the base amount (factoring in Potency) of the ability.
    what does this expression "factoring in potency" means please?
    Thank you for sharing any insight ont he matter. Maybe it's just a problem of language and understanding haaa if learning English could be as simple as collecting five items for a quest
  14. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

After using an ability, there is a short period of time before your character is able to use another ability. I think it is 0.5 seconds. This is known as the recovery period. You can reduce this small delay with ability recovery speed. Reuse speed reduces the amount of time before you can use the ability again.
    "factoring in Potency" means potency is applied to the ability first, and then the cap is determined.
  15. ARCHIVED-Soing Guest

Thank you Malovelence, it's very clear now
  16. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

bump.
    it's the only thread of it's kind really and should stay on the first page.