Fixed Internally Coliseum of Valor Hero Devotion One Shot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wore, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Oradim Well-Known Member

Interesting that you have the Fount of Power in your spellbook. In Update Notes: Tuesday June 9, 2020 it was stated:

"To address an exploit, zones that allow the Fount of Power buff will now automatically cast the spell when a player logs in and the Fount of Power buff has been removed from player spell books."

I don't know. It sure seems like strange things are afoot at the Circle K regarding Fount of Power.

The symptoms the OP describes seemed very familiar and I just found that I had replied in one of those threads about them at the time.

And, yes, it irks me I misspelled Fount as Font previously.

Cheers,
    Oradim
  2. Uguv Member

I just checked again this morning. When I zoned into Plane of Magic, my health briefly shot up to over 100k (which seemed strange), and then back down to its normal ~13k after a couple of seconds. I then traveled to Plane of Valor, Zoned into Hero's Devotion, and my stats stayed at 13k health, 21k potency. I don't have the Fount of Valor in my spellbook, but I do have it on a hotbar from when I flew through the blue stuff after speaking with Druzzil. Zoning into Hero's Devotion did not cause anything to briefly shoot up; it never changed from 13k health.
  3. Jalathan Active Member

My friend and son are having this same issue now with Hero's devotion. They are getting one shot, no boost in stats and are not effectively stopped from advancing the quest line.

Has there been any note of a fix or reason for this other than the change to FoP?
    Carizia likes this.
  4. Jalathan Active Member

Ok, here is what worked for us to get past this issue. I had them delete the quest and go back to Druzzel to get the quest again, they went through the font a second time and it worked... So, if you run into the issue where it isn't applying going into the zone, that is something you can try...
    Whilhelmina and Carizia like this.
  5. Uguv Member

Looks like this was ninja-fixed with this latest patch. I didn't have to delete the quest on either toon that was having problems. As soon as I logged in post-patch I tested and did receive the appropriate buff.
    Bludd likes this.