Coercer or Illy?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rebelde, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

Unda doesn't trigger Feedback

g.i.joe
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

Yeah, quite a few abilities doing trigger with it.
    Might make a write up on the eq2u forum once I do a bit more testing.
  3. Alarra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Gregore.
    You and I will have to agree to disagree on the Convert Power ability hehe.
    My usage is as follows:
    I use it when I pull a whole lot of trash in solos then activate it as they are coming in and then let loose with Unda, Blinding and any other AoE up.
    I also use it when a insta-death spell is cast in raid as well as when the healer goes down so I don't die while they are being rezzed.
    I think it was like 24 or 25 AA and not 30 though.

I'm slowly climbing up the Pot at the moment, at around 143k atm. So I hope to get a little better with any new gear, pretty much got most jewellery up to 165 resolve, just waiting on the armour more than anything.

I did some testing with feedback loop previously and found that if you pre-cast Spellcurse it will trigger when you hit a hostile spell after casting Feedback Loop.

I must digress my dps is not good this expac, so will have to do some dummy practice at a later time.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Have you noticed any major changes with the spells this expac Gregore?

One thing I found was that my lower tier of Charm doesn't work on mobs in this expac while I wait on getting the current tier up.

Like with last expac we had Power of Mind give extra Ability Mod and Minds Eye give CB I think it was, not in front of the game so I may be wrong on the spells/effects.
  5. Gregore Active Member

I haven't noticed any changes to this tier of spells much to be honest, but I'm only using a handful of them ATM to be honest. I was able to get 4 levels worth of new spells upgraded to expert, 2 GM's made, and about 4 or 5 others upgraded to ancient/celestial. The rest I'm using last XPAC versions of, as I had last XPAC spells to ancient or celestial. I've just been unable to get recipe books for or find guildies with the recipe books to get my other 6 levels made. I refuse to pay an arm or leg to get somebody else on my server to make them for me when I'm pretty sure I'll have them in a week or so. I'm more concerned about getting from 3715 to 3740+ resolve ATM. I've had fairly bad RNG luck so far in achieving that goal, despite running a lot of heroics/challenge heroics and doing all of the achievements for lootz. I still need a 340 resolve 2-hander, a 170 resolve ranged, and a 165+ resolve BP. Also still haven't lucked into the PQ weapon or charm yet. TBH, I've just greeded on a handful of 170 resolve crossbows and 340 resolve 2-handers from challenge heroics due to them having procs I didn't want. I may just have to be less picky for a while. I plan on running a lot of challenge heroics this weekend and having my weapons by it's end. I'm wanting one of my 2 weapons to have arcane rending, and the other to have anguish, but equalize would be ok as well. Not interested in any other procs.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

What is your opinion on 2 handers vs primary + secondary?
    I'm starting to see less of a difference. Especially since we are using Wands / Crossbows. However, with melee being uninterruptible by spells now, maybe the one hander would be better for procs if it isn't for range factor for jousting fights as I usually find myself around 9m or so for blinding and unda. With melee range for chanters being 10m with AA,

My sage can make 11,12,14 book spells atm if you need. The annoying part about the spells is the need for the fish rare hehe (a harvesting we must go).

Well I will work my way up with the potency ladder and see how I go. Will probably go faster if I could do challenge, but still need armour, so that is holding me back a bit.
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

It seems that the new Power of Mind increases Melee range.
    At ancient it takes it up to 101 %.
  8. Alarra Well-Known Member

Also, the Mez and Pure Awe spells increase damage of the next hit.
  9. Gregore Active Member

Still not worth losing one of your 5 concentration slots for though. You're much better off putting out another peaceful link in raids, probably heroics as well.
  10. Gregore Active Member

Marginally useful in solos/heroics. Next to useless in raids.
  11. Gregore Active Member

I typically like to use a 1-hander, secondary, and wand. However, I've used a crossbow for the last 2 XPACs so I can put a big white CB adorn on it. I like to use a 1-hander & secondary because I like having 3 different weapon procs. I recently switched to a 2-hander this XPAC, after discovering I could put a 10 ability doublecast white adornment on a 2-hander. I think the only way I would swap back to a 1-hander, at this time, would be if I got lucky enough to get the 195 resolve PQ weapon. I got a 360 resolve 2-hander from raid last night though, which put me 5 resolve over the T2 raid mob requirement, so I'm less worried about getting the PQ 1-hander now, especially since it's burried behind a wall of RNG BS. I'm not crazy about the Devastation proc on my new raid 2-hander, but will deal with it. I'd prefer to have a high resolve 2-hander with either Anguish or Arcane Rending proc, & a high resolve cross bow with the other of those two procs on it.
  12. Gregore Active Member

I wasn't aware of that. I guess I need to look at some ACT parses to tighten up my FL macro. At least I haven't been wasting time casting it, since it's insta cast. Thanks
  13. Gregore Active Member

After testing, I found 4 fast casting abities in my macro that didn't proc Feedback Loop. They were Unda, Smite of Consistency, The DOT Daydream from the Enchanter tree, and Master Strike.
    As far as the sarcastic G.I. Joe response goes, I'll take that as a compliment since I'm retired Army W/3 combat tours under my belt champ!
  14. Elkana Active Member

Thanks for your service Gregore, also thanks for your help in game. Any time I've come to you with questions you've been more than friendly and helpful. Also, Gregore. What is the name of that two hander Abil DC adorn you mentioned? I haven't come across it.
  15. Elkana Active Member

16. Gregore Active Member

The name of that white adornment escapes me, but it's sold by the NPC vender in the contested Kael zone.
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

i dunno what your service has anything to do with, but thank you, or why interpret my comment as anything but the transparent reference to the cartoon's main tagline. when i'm just helping to optimize people's game knowledge

lets follow up - MasterStrike triggers Feedback - put it back in your macro. ideally also moving points over into it in the Dragon tree. 10points in Bewilderment is near worthless - it doesn't double the dmg like tooltip says and resistability of it never mattered, even if that part does anything. think it's just 100 spell-specific potency and i'm not sure even that's working; due to the huge dmg spread of the spell, testing it is a PITA, but bottom line there is no statistically-significant difference in dmg over moderate sample size
  18. Gregore Active Member

No, Master Strike doesn't proc Feedback Loop. I tested it on a practice dummy, and only hit FL & Master Strike when I did. There were no FL procs from using Master Strike in ACT when I checked it.

As for the 10 points I put into Bewilderment, it was either that or put them into Master Strike, which has a 1min recast, and DOES NOT PROC FL. You need 30 points in that tree to unlock and get Spellbind. You're right, it doesn't double the damage, but it does add some to it. It never hurts to make a spell harder to resist. Plus, it only has a 30sec recast vs 1min for Master Strike (Plus Master Strike only works on those particular types of mobs), and is efficient damage when you factor in how much damage it does & the fast cast time on it.
  19. Twisty Well-Known Member

sure does for me. wonder if 10pts in it changes it or your dummy testing is lying / unclean
    https://imgur.com/a/xjiXoQX

regardless of it procing FT, near instant cast on it beats Bewilderment points as dps potential goes
  20. Gregore Active Member

I'll either dig up the ACT parse or replicate it again and post it, but I got no FL procs from casting it according to ACT. I'll post a parse in the next day or so. I don't know how a parse could be corrupted using a dummy and only casting FL and Master Strike, but who knows?