Cloaks without doublecast

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wgrace, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Dannni Active Member

Earar and I are specifically talking about cloaks alone. If you cant understand my last post, then im sorry I cannot spell it out for you any clearer. Yes in most cases you should take a doublecast cloak, but there are still specific circumstances where you can switch in a non doublecast cloak and still meet the cap. So it is wrong to say non dc cloaks are only placeholders. Its even worse to say they must be removed from the game.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Talk about condescending... I understand how the numbers work. But I certainly haven't seen any content that you can meet the DC requirement with just the belt (and perhaps the tome). Unless you're talking about corner cases, where people buy raid gear and never set their feet outside solo content? Or are there other circumstances you can share?
  3. Dannni Active Member

Not meant to be condescending but I did really spell it out in my previous post.

1. Overgeared player i.e. T2 raid geared but going back to heroic content, in future someone who is T3 or T4 raid geared going back to heroic, T1 or T2.
    2. Someone who buys items off of the broker but only does solo content, similar to above.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

Reach DC necessary for all available current content allows you to not have to reforge into casting speed, obviously opening up many other possibilities for reforge setups.

I understand your disdain for me, but your contradictions don't help your case. I know at times it is uncomfortable to state the courage of your convictions, however, all tanks know there is a soft and hard mit cap and going above and beyond is fruitless. Contrary to popular belief, whether you are casual, mediocre or invested in the latter stages of game play, double cast is be all end all.
  5. Dannni Active Member

The simple fact of the matter is... you dont have to wear a DC cloak to be at cap. If you are arguing against that, you are arguing against reality. Its like you just want to prove me wrong, I say the sky is blue and you tell me no you are wrong!!!! You tell me I am contradicting myself, yet then come up with a rather convoluted and confusing explanation as to why. Im sorry for telling you the truth that it is possible to be at cap without wearing a DC cloak. I am sorry its possible and you dont like it, but Im not going to waste anymore time arguing with you about the truth.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

Elaborate upon getting to cap without cloak please. put the numbers together.

And as for your sky is blue tidbit, its not blue, its a reflection(thus having no standing color, evident when the sunsets) of the water with which the color is stored in our atmospheres gasses.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

then what u do is reforge back from cast speed if too much DC

and yeah I'd like you to explain also how to max T3/T4 DC without DC cloaks/belts ?
    Revanu likes this.
  8. Dzir Member

i think all raid cloack must have DC
  9. Dannni Active Member

Irony overload... Earar's raid tank has a mitigation cloak and belt and 56.8% DC....I think its great that you have that choice and its not been ripped away from you because some fools on the forums demanding that all cloaks have DC
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

You do realize he said that mit is a temporary item if tanks are feeling squishy?
  11. Dannni Active Member

Let the man speak for himself. Not feeling sturdy enough to wear a dc belt/cloak yet Earar?
  12. Dannni Active Member

Anyhow Earar is perfect example of why advocating for the removal of choices is wrong. He has decided to not wear a doublecast cloak and belt. Good for him, if he doesnt feel it is necessary why should he have that choice taken away from him?

And for those that wanted an example. Current player with heroic doublecast cloak 2300%, has a non doublecast T2 cloak 3900% potency. Decides to wear the higher potency cloak on all content upto T1, can still make the doublecast avoidance (without even taking into consideration DC from AA's) and gains 1600% base potency.

38.8% Meta neck
    48.9% Belt
    21% PG
    37.5% Casting speed
    13.3% Green adorns
    22.5% Tome

And yeah youll nitpick and say im wrong... but just remember, the developers agree with me and not you. This thread should be renamed 'Wahhhh we demand the developers give us the gear we want faster'... and as always the answer is a resounding no.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

It's because I slack. I want to trade my mitigation cloak/belt for at least 35 resolve ones that I don't have yet.
    I wanted to get a 29 resolve one, then I realized I would need to infuse it again, spend lots of cash on it for something I want to change anyway. So better wait.

And It's a monk, dragon fire right now allows me to slack on DC :). But I wouldn't say I'm the example to follow
  14. Dannni Active Member

Lets face it, the whole thread is a joke. Its simply a 'give us the gear we want faster thread'