Cloaks without doublecast

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wgrace, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Wgrace Active Member

Stop it guys. Just stop it.
    Mermut likes this.
  2. Dannni Active Member

There is always loot that goes to waste, its one of many timesinks. Theyre not going to just give you what you need straight away, its not how it works
  3. Wgrace Active Member

[You have gotten better at defending nonsense] +1
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

I my perfect EQ2 world those cloacks with flurry or mitigation should help other classes

so everybody is happy and not everybody looks for the same stats

but it's just a dream ...
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

The community has offered countless times to assist with itemization. Unfortunately they'd prefer to stick with their outdated and frankly terrible loot generation script.
  6. Dannni Active Member

People can and do wear non doublecast cloaks.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

like people could and were wearing the 100 potency items in last xpac :)

still, with the mobs' avoidance, there's only 1 type of cloak/belt worth. Tanks may go with the mitigation one till they are sturdy enough to swap to DC
  8. Dannni Active Member

Exactly so you’re saying we should remove mitigation cloaks because they are not optimal for dps?

There should be gear chioices even if some of those are sub optimal. It allows for those with a better understanding of the items to optimise and get better results than someone who has less of an understanding. People make mistakes with their gear all the time and that’s down to there being choices, why would you ever take those choices away? Then you’ll really end up with everyone exactly the same
  9. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

the only reason everyone isn't wearing the same gear is simply because there aren't enough drops to go around - so the "gear choice" is is to wear placeholder items until a real cloak drops, and eventually everyone will be wearing the same items.
    Kuulei likes this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

there should be gear choices, yes, we agree on that

But there's not real gear choice anymore.
    We are all casters now. The non DC cloaks are just placeholders.
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

if you aren't maxing DC no matter what playstyle, then have fun crafting and decorating and leave discussions such as this to those who play this game for the combat aspect of it.
    duckster and Sounson like this.
  12. Dannni Active Member

Well that’s not even strictly true is it mrs dragon fire? You only need enough dc so you hit 100 factoring in the avoidance of the content you are facing, then you have the freedom to make other choices. Non dc cloaks are viable once players have obtained enough dc from elsewhere. Open your mind guys, you might be surprised at what you find
  13. Revanu Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand your feeble attempts at belittling me because i happened to play a monk? Or is it because for some reason you just cant let go of whatever salt you have toward me? Regardless, I do quite enjoy your petty attempts at insult and needless to say, again, you are mistaken. Each tier of progression has its blockade for what the stat gain necessary is on each level. So i reiterate, unless you can provide ample evidence to support your counter argument, then you should be min/maxing stats to achieve the proper gradient necessary for 100% rates.
  14. Dannni Active Member

I think its a question of what goes around comes around. You belittle people who dont max dc yet its absolutely fine to wear non dc cloaks, belts etc once you have met the cap factoring in the avoidance for the content you are facing.
  15. Revanu Well-Known Member

please quote what 'belittling" statement was made in reference to those who do not share my generalized view.
  16. Dannni Active Member

17. Revanu Well-Known Member

and please state what in that statement is a belittling notion? since by your metric, it is a broad generalization and not a focused incite?
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

What i don’t understand Dannnii, when we talked about it. You’re the one who told me that fighters also need DC and need to gear to maximize their dps. You were complaining about tanks that build too defensive.
    You’re the one who was telling me everybody should max double cast to stay at 100% despite the dc mitigation.

And when someone states that all other cloaks are useless, u argue otherwise. I don’t get it.

Those cloaks are just placeholders. Period. No other stat on those cloaks can beat DC. For any class. Unless u win a huge amount of potency.
    But it will still be a ph for same stats cloak, but with DC.
    Mermut likes this.
  19. Dannni Active Member

No its wrong to say non doublecast cloaks are only placeholders for doublecast cloaks. Let me explain. There is no benefit in going beyond the doublecast cap and you can reach the cap without wearing a doublecast cloak. In that circumstance it is perfectly reasonable to wear a non doublecast cloak. Choices. Not everyone is a raider and requires as much doublecast as you do and already in many cases even raiders can switch out doublecast items for more optimal non doublecast items - because there is no benefit going beyond the cap!
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Explain how it would be possible, with current gear and w/o DC cloak and belt to get above the DC threshold for the content those items drop in?