client crashes, SOEBuild=NO-Build--Available

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gudum, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Gudum Active Member

Don't know if this is related to today's update, since the game did launch successfully at least once after the update, but now all I get is a grey screen and the message "EQ2 Client Application has stopped working".

in the upper left corner is:
    Everquest II (Sep 15 2015 15:05:50) User Optimized: SOEBuild=No-Built--Available

This happens using both the launcher and running the game directly from the installation directory.

Problem occurs while using the US English version, trying to login to character screen or directly into the game.

There is NO problem while running the Public Test version - I have logged in successfully several times and played the game, so apparently not a hardware or operating system problem.

Validated game assets twice, no problems found either time.
    Tried deleting Everquest2.exe from game directory and letting patcher re-download it, problem still occurs.

the alertlog.txt file contains the following text:
    build="SOEBuild=No-Build--Available" version="SOEVersionString=No-Version-Information-Available" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="<none>" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="3" alert="x:\live\eq2\framework\vld\vlderr.cpp(85): (VDL Parser) runtimevld/cbaseclasses.vld(21) : Error, File not Found, runtimevld/soemote.vld.

and

........runtimevld/cbaseclasses.vld(22) : Error, File not found, runtimevld/services.vld

Running Vista 32-bit on an old Core 2 Duo with 4gb memory / 1gb video card, but the game is running fine on test server so don't think its hardware related.
  2. LaplaceTransform New Member

Same issue; Vista 64bit Q6600 Quadcore 4GB memory Nvidia 6800GTS 512MB
  3. timmay_lars New Member

Same issue here also; Windows Vista 64bit, Intel Core i5-2500K 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Beku on Unrest
  4. Lare Active Member

I cant log in either with same issue
  5. Mysteri Member

I am having the exact same problem--"no build available" and then game crash. I can't even get to character select.
  6. Mysteri Member

I just did an experiment. I tried loading the EU version of the game (which I also could not get into with the same message "no-build--available"). Then I reloaded the US version of the game with the exact same results: black screen "no-build--available" and then crash to desktop.
  7. Soxer Member

Having the same problem. And as usual theres no response or mentioning from DB if they are aware of this :(
  8. Kamikage New Member

Same issue here.

Running vista 64, 16 gb ram, nvidia gtx 970.

Opened ticket, have yet to get anything back. I suppose american Daybreak translates into european Afterbreak...
  9. Caly New Member

Same No Build Available issue here as well. To add a bit more the launcher reads that it removed UI/Fonts/zcal801b.ttf.fot just started having this happen yesterday around 5PM. Was playing fine just before that.
  10. Karsa Active Member

Yeah having same crash issue tried re-validating and 'back-door' no dice.. I blame the rare merchant in Phantom Sea...;(
  11. Punehu New Member

Same issue here running on Vista 32-bit and Win7. I did have a warning on both machines in the updated file list on launchpad "*Patch: Patch application failed for Everquest2.exe due to . Starting over."
    I deleted Everquest2.exe, validated, waited for it to download everquest2.exe and it works again...wish I did this 5 hours ago :/
  12. Chocoholic Active Member

I just wanted to post here and mention that I noticed the "SOEBuild=No-Build-Available" text on the bar at the top of my screen yesterday while I was playing. I just logged in and still have that text on the bar, but I can log in and play. So the "No-Build-Available" may not be the issue.

Edit: I have Windows7 just fyi
  13. Soxer Member

Im just gonna go ahead and reinstall the game, hopefully that will work.
  14. Kamikage New Member

Well I've tried a lot of things, re-downloading the entire game, replacing the EQ2.exe file, changing partition location of the game, starting in windowed mode, starting fullscreen and so on.

The issue sadly persists and support (I did open a support ticket) has done nothing for the past 9 hours. So yeah. Not happy.

Maybe we could get an update on this issue?
  15. Soxer Member

Yup just reinstalled and having the same problem. Wake up DB!
  16. Spunkel Member

Is it maybe once again an EU-only problem? I'm not talking about the game-version, but the country from where we try to log-in.

That would explain the hardly existing outcry here...
  17. Caly New Member

Same here. Have tried everything listed here and then some. I play on Stormhold,so this is actually costing me. Would really appreciate some attention here Daybreak.
  18. Caly New Member

No. Stormhold is U.S. server
  19. Soxer Member

Its still early in the US and this started happening quite late in the afternoon. Now most people go off to work and they wont notice this problem until they get home later in the day and thats when more people will complain if DB havent fixed this before then.
  20. Spunkel Member

*sigh*
    And again... I'm not talking about the game-version (EU_XXX or US_english). I thought about the area from where we try to log into the game.

There was a problem in Amsterdam (european knot to the servers in the states) a couple of days ago. It was during the (europian) night, so not that many people even noticed that. I'd expect much more trouble here if players worldwide would have problems...