Class balance right now...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kielex, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Kielex Well-Known Member

So if one util gives 100 max mana and the other 50 fervor permanently you cannot say what is better because it is a different type of util?
  2. Kielex Well-Known Member

It is time for the ranger bird to be nerfed for real, it is getting annoying. a 7% dps decrease to something that deals two times as much as it is supposed to in order to be balanced is just dumb. No other word for it that suits it better than just dumb.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

sure one is better ... but the 50 fervor is the coercer rune buff :)

I always lved coercer more .. coz of all utility. heal buffs, hate/dehate ... we had less damage and usually specced for less damage but more utility.

empathic aura was great in MT group

sever hate or touch of empathy were usefull. now u almost don't have time to cast those .. or for touch I guess it became useless.

illus were always the damage buffers .. and the more stats u have ... the less coercer buffs became usefull.

same for the damage ... if u make damage/CC spells ... which naturally deal less damage than pure damage spells .. then make mobs immune to CC but don't up the damage of those spells ... well they become crap with their cast/recast

and that's same for many stuffs (like stat debuffs that became useless .. should have made WIS debuff a resist debuff and AGI debuff a avoid one, STR debuff a DPS one, INT debuff a potency debuff) .. but no .. they made hanges but didn"t make a full check for that?

so now u have a fighter mob and a WIS debuf and he laughs at u.

so yeah as long as they don't make drastic changes of the class and redefine them .. but just bandaid classes ... things won't work.

chanters were not buffers .; they were CC masters (I mean back in early days most mages had same amount of buffs )
    but if u remove their ability to control mobs and make their buffs subpar .. u need to give them real stuff, not just mana battery.

but no .. u don't compare just 2 abilities .. u compare whole package. and how stuff work together.

and in all honesty ... illus don't bring much more utility than coercers ... except for the reset (which is great)
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is interesting. So you don't sever or use the touch of empathy in raids? They are still viable and needed, I just wish there were more decent coercers to offer this rather than Illy's having to do it.

Illy's have always been know for their mage buffs even before mimic when potency wasn't crazily out of control and now all stats. We were specced more for melee dmg, believe it or not before mimic arrived on the scene. I still feel like coercers bring more utility to a raid than an Illy, but it's hard not want Illy's in a raid for the DPS with resets and the little utility they do offer. But how could you not want a coercer in raid?
    Mathafern likes this.