Character transfer

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-Apeks3, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-jAsOnX_Guk Guest

Valanthe wrote:
    Yeah, that's my concern. I'm being left in the dark here. I'm waiting to know if the info I sent is correct and if I can get the transfer. It's been 5 days now, if the info is not correct I will have to resubmit everything and wait for another 5/6 days - hopefully. Then I have to wait for the transfer. I can't sell anything for the fear or getting transfered with stuff on the broker. I can't sent mails because I fear a reply will block the transfer. I'm all packed up, I have all my stuff on me so I don't have bag space to do anything. All banks slots are filled and I'm "scared" to temporarily put one of my bags in the shared bank. I'm basically frozen and waiting. After 5 days of this boredom I don't want to endure this process for more than once.
  2. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

Jasonx@Guk wrote:
    You will not have to wait 5-6 days if you resubmit. You will get an e-mail saying your information was incorrect. When you respond to the ticket, you'll be put back into the the "pending" que. It'll probably be a day--two at the most. Of course they're closed Saturday and Sunday.
    When SOE finally got to my transfer, whomever copied and pasted my information managed to make a small error. I got the e-mail and I responded to the ticket. This was about 8pm on a Friday, CST. My transfer hit within the hour.
    Don't sell anything. Make sure your broker is free and clear. Don't send mails--though the transfer won't be blocked. You'll just probably lose any unread e-mail. When my transfer was complete, my mailbox was full of mail I had deleted. Dunno, but it was. You may still use your shared bank, but nothing will transfer with you. It would be wise not to put anything into the shared bank you want to go with you. If the transfer hits before you retrieve it--it's gone.
    Waiting...sucks. I have the utmost confidence in SOE, and I can easily say, "Thank goodness we don't have to wait a month." Granted when I was waiting to transfer, I wanted to throttle SOE...and after a few days without EQ2, I discovered there were other things I could do to occupy my time.

Oh yeah--remember they're closed Saturdays and Sundays. They may be closed Monday for Martin Luther King day as well, though I'm not sure.
    May the Force be with you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

I'm finally tired of waiting for the automatic transfer service to come up and thus have thrown in my lot with the rest of you in the endless queue of transfer dispair. Fortunately, I'm just trying to move an alt and not the main.
  4. ARCHIVED-Full_Metal_Mage Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Please. It was working one day, and not the next. I realize that the EQ2 DB tables are a disaster, but update queries are child's play.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Hello everyone! Its good to be back.
    I just finished answering all the PMs I received in the last week. If you sent me something then check your inbox to see if I responded. As always, please send me a PM with a reference number or a station name if you have any questions about your transfer. I'll try to respond ASAP and let you know the status/what you need to do.
  6. ARCHIVED-Skeletonkeys Guest

Just wanted to say welcome back Daniel and thanks again for pushing my transfer through this afternoon!
  7. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

I just wanted to say that Daniel has been a tremendous help so far in moving this process along and thank him publicly.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dujoaki Guest

How's the wait time these days?
    I had a guildie transfer from another server to our guild, took like 2 and half weeks lol.
    I was debating transfering but I'm not going to wait that long.
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Dujoaki wrote:
    At this point the wait time is between 1 and 2 weeks.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

1 to 2 weeks is a long time to have to keep my shared bank empty. I'm trying to transfer one of my toons to its own account. He doesn't have anything on the broker and I'm going to clear out his mail, but can I wait until the last minute to clear out the shared bank?
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Pouncer@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I would advise having it cleared out during our standard business hours if you use the shared bank a lot during play. We are open from 10am-7pm(pst) Mon-Fri, and the transfer would take place during those hours. As long as the shared bank is cleared out when we actually perform the transfer, you should be fine.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

TSR-DanielH wrote:
    Ok will do.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bomorg Guest

My plans are to transfer a character with the same name on another server. After the transfer a X will appear after the name since there will be 2 characters with similiar name on the same server? Will i have a chance to change John DoeX to a different name?
  14. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Just /peitition the Gms with a few other names and they are pretty good and getting that done.
  15. ARCHIVED-detson2 Guest

1 to 2 weeks eh? Is there any tips or ways to make it go a tad faster? I;m wanting to move a toon but thinking it'd be faster to reroll.
  16. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

detson2 wrote:
    Sadly, verifying information and helping people update tickets is about the most I can do to speed up the character transfer. We're catching up a little so it will probably take closer to 1 week at this point, but I can't promise that.
  17. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

Ack! Would you believe that CS finally got to my spot in the queue and said the transfer could not be completed becacue they could not charge my card? It's the same card I've been using to pay SOE my sub for at least the last four years. Why can't the CS staff see that? I swear this comapny can be so weird. *sigh* back to the station transfer helper I guess.
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Shailas wrote:
    The character transfer has been completed now. There was a problem with the billing address in the first request. It went through ok with the updated information you provided.
    Enjoy the new server!
  19. ARCHIVED-Kurinji Guest

I have been successfully moved! Thanks very much for your assistance Daniel and Darwin!
    Hugs,
    Val
  20. ARCHIVED-Dujoaki Guest

Could you check on these two for me:

090122-001138
    090122-001223

Thanks,