Channeler healing difficulty

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Vapur, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Vapur Member

I have been able to solo heal Halls and Labs, also getting used occasionally in raid with another healer in group, but there are definitely some fights I still have difficulty healing.

One fight I have problems with, in particular, is Fherin at the end of Halls which has that incurable curse. The heals I normally have on my conduit bar are Truespirit Restoration (Slot3 reactive group heal) and debuffs. For this fight, I have to switch them out for Channeled Transference (Slot3 direct group heal) and Truespirit Restoration (Slot4-8 single target heal). The healing is so intense that I'm pretty much full dissonance throughout the whole fight hoping that my Dissipate pops in time before someone dies. The regular heals - Healing Arrow, Salubrious Invocation, and Vector Life - are not up often enough or cast quickly enough to heal the tank (let alone two people with the curse). I have my epic completed, but Maximized Protection and Redirection do nothing for healing through that curse.

If the dissonance generated by Truespirit Restoration (Slot4-8 single target heal) were lowered, I'm sure this wouldn't be as much of a nightmare as it is currently - unless we could be given a real single target emergency heal that doesn't generate dissonance. The management just gets out of control otherwise.
  2. Darkon Well-Known Member

Honestly as a tank on that fight I'm completely self-sufficient. That is a hard fight for a channeler to solo heal though.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

On a side note for the Fherin fight.. getting away from the main named on that fight drops the curse... so if anybody besides the tank gets the curse they can just back away. If can get between the tank and the main mob, the curse will usually land on you. Then you can just back away from the mob and have the curse drop off. Much easier then healing through it.
  4. Vapur Member

Another fight that is a pain is Tendrix, the last name for Zlandicar's Heart. Good luck without a second healer; of course, I didn't get a chance to try it in turtle spec. I could almost swear they made that fight harder since we did it with only 3 people a couple weeks ago ... but tonight that wasn't happening. If you get stunned out twice, you're pretty much dead. Stun Immunity purple rune didn't work, so I'll have to try equipping the Stifle Immunity one some other time.
  5. Nightime New Member

I used to have dramas in Halls also with the last named. Until I made the construct stand next to me and not attack anything then for some reason it was really easy.
    I'm sure the construct at the moment is broken as he doesn't seem to be as good at intercepting as he used to be
  6. Arieste Well-Known Member

It sounds like one of your issues could be that you're using healing arrow instead of healing barrage. with Rift allowing you immediately recast Barrage, you can basically chain-cast your group heals indefinitely.
  7. Tyman Active Member

What does your normal conduit bar look like? In my heal spec I almost always have restoration on. And like arieste said, unless you cant aoe, you should pretty much always use barrage over arrow. You get twice as many heals out from it like that.
  8. Vapur Member

Of course, you won't have Truespirit Rift and Healing Barrage unless you spec for it, which go unused on fights where you shouldn't AoE. If absolutely necessary, then that wipes out any advantage for taking the right-side Prestige.
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

I think i've run into like one fight in the entire expac where this was an issue. Even on fights where you go singular focus, Rift and Barrage can generally still be used because of the negligible damage involved.
  10. Vapur Member

What I have on my Conduit Bar -
    Slot 1-2: Essence Weave, Construct Regeneration
    Slot 3: Truespirit Restoration (may swap out for Channeled Transference where reactives don't work)
    Slot 4-8: Aura of Crippling, Interpose Redirect, Channeled Cleansing, Interfering Noise
    Slot 4-8 Offense: Mist of Poison
    Slot 4-8 Defense: Weapon Dissonance (may swap out for Truespirit Restoration if single-target heals needed)
  11. Vapur Member

The Kelana and Kigara fight in Guardian Edifice will kill you. On Keplin & Caden or Xothoz & Zothoz encounters it will heal the mobs. The Deviator Yosthra fight in Stasis is just an annoyance.
  12. Vapur Member

That Slot 3 should be Truespirit Defiance, not Truespirit Restoration. Was just recreating my hybrid spec and noticed it.
  13. Lamatu Active Member

Just as Mermut mentioned, you should try to make sure you get the curse then back away 15m until it clears. Backing away from the head of the name is best as he has a large hit box. This strat can be used by any healer having difficulty with this name.
    Just remember to cure the trauma as that is a root.

As a side note to the dps during this fight, it's your own fault if you don't get heals when you don't let the Planeshifters come up a little to be in heal range.
  14. Vapur Member

The tank can't just joust that. The problem is trying to heal the tank through that curse. I can do it sure, but it requires having the single-target heal on Conduit4-8 which pretty much guarantees full dissonance throughout the fight.
  15. jordash Member

I find it easier that if I take the curse I can use shadow escape and jump back 15 m and clear the curse, your main focus is the tank and let the dps joust for heals using healing barrage and vector of life mastered is pretty OP other than I hardly use any dissonance
    -Soteria- likes this.
  16. Ciroe Active Member

A couple things here, some of which was already mentioned.

Have someone intercept the curse for the tank, then back away when they get it, then reset. If this isn't an option then no big deal.

When you pull the encounter, ONLY the tank should engage the named and keep him centered. NO ONE ELSE should engage at all, until the two side mobs stop and set on their own. Once they stop on their own and set, then DPS can engage. From here its an easy fight.

You should be using any and all construct regen you have, from your epic, pet skill on the construct page, to interpose redirect etc. My normal rotation is Truespirit rift and Construct Regeneration up 100%. Assuming you went right side prestige (which you should have for a heal spec), then you're healing barrage will have a 0 recast one time, until you hit truespirit rift again. As mentioned before you can pretty much spam your three heals... repeatedly. Between spamming your three heals, truespirit rift, and construct regen, that is PRETTY much all you need to cast.

As far as your dissonance, WHENEVER you are healing, this fight or any other, you should maintain GREEN (low) dissonance. You get faster recovery in green, less so in yellow, and even less so in red. So you screw yourself if you let it get high. ALSO KEEP IN MIND if you spec for it, single target curing will reduce your dissonance (i use this a lot on some fights when i have to bring my pet up fast). Also, you should never let your pet drop below green health. Once it drops into yellow and especially red, you get a lot less healing/intercept from it.. and that's a huge deal.

As for the curse, if it gets on the tank. I pretty much use the dissonance heal that is a Heal over Time (I'm at work so i forget what it is called off the top of my head) ONE TIME per curse. between that, tanks self sufficiency, and rolling my 3 heals, i almost never have a problem healing through it.

You should NOT be using dissonance to heal (unless emergency). I pretty much ONLY use dissonance to keep pet regen up and the occasional spot heal on the pet... and on hard fights ill keep aura up as a debuff (i don't use it on this fight however)... otherwise I almost NEVER use dissonance to heal... ever! Key here is keep dissonance low, you get faster recovery, that is quite important.
  17. Vapur Member

There is a dissonance HoT? I only see a group reactive, a group direct heal, and a single target ward for Slot 3.

About having Construct Regeneration up at all times, I was told that the intercepts were better the higher your pets HP which is why I would use Essence Weave instead. I only use Construct Regen when the fight gets hairy or right before I use Construct Sacrifice (which is almost never, only when I'm testing if it can parse).

Also, Salubrious Invocation cancels your Truespirit Rift which is supposed to remove the reuse timer of Healing Barrage for 15 seconds (not just once); so, I try not to cast it as much as possible, but this fight it becomes pretty much necessary because you're running out of buttons to push besides your death prevent.
  18. Ciroe Active Member

Its not a slot 3, its a 4-8

That information is correct, the higher HP your pe has, the more it will intercept, so keeping your pet in the green is vital. Between the construct HP regen thing (on the construct page), epic, interpose redirect, and Construct Regeneration (slow pet regen, slot 1-2) my pet is almost always in green form those alone. The only time i use essence weave is when my pet drops into the yellow (which doesn't happen often). So pretty much, i don't need to worry about my pet health as long as i keep all of the regens on him at all times, including the slot 1-2 slow regen.

Salubrious invocation cancels Truespirit Rift? That is news to me, and i THINK is incorrect, when i get home i will have to look at that. I run Healing Barrage, Vector of life, and Salubrious in rotation all the time, and have never seen my Rift drop. I like rift mostly for the 6% damage reduction, The regen it provides is Meh, but the removing recast on healing barrage helps a lot. And again, ill look when i get home, but i believe casting Rift will make your next cast of barrage have a 0 second recast, meaning you cast your first rift, THEN recast it immediately again if you wanted... but that second cast of barrage, WILL have a recast. so essentially you get one free/no recast barrage per rift.... again, unless i am mistaken.
  19. Vapur Member

Salubrious doesn't cancel the Rift, it dispels the effect that removes the reuse timer for Healing Barrage.

And I still don't see a HoT in Slot4-8.
  20. Vapur Member

Oh, never mind. The junk text doesn't specify that it dispels when Healing Arrow is cast, saying only Salubrious Invocation dispels it. Rift removes the reuse timer only for the next Healing Arrow instead of for the full 15 seconds. Just double checked it.