Changes to XP.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lare, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qixil Active Member

Maybe I was doing one of the "crappy" ones then lol. I just picked one that was fast but I seriously only moved 1% and that was at 90% going to straight exp. But it seems all of the other instanced dungeons have been hit too. The ones I used to do to get from 90 to 95 have slowed WAY down, and now I don't have any options but to quest to gain experience. Kinda sucks IMO.

I've about decided I will just stick with tradeskilling and forget adventuring altogether.
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

It just seems so silly to make it harder to get to level cap. I can't even see how it could be good for business.
    I can remember when if it ONLY took you a week to get a level, you were doing well, but cap was 70 then. (maybe lower)

But EQ2 was full of players leveling then, and no one cared that much. There was plenty of players to level with in all tiers. Now, not so much if at all. And forget leveling alts, seriously I'd rather eat glass shards. I still have toons stuck at 90 because I couldn't face doing the ToV and whatever else it was, questlines again.

Now with lower pops on servers, of course players that group want to be at max level, it's an MMO. I wonder how many new players will give up and head to a faster leveling game, there's no lack of MMO's to choose from.

I just don't think the population warrants XP nerfs. For the people that are good with slow leveling (like me) it's not going to make a difference, for your typical MMO player it will. I'm still shaking my head tbh.

This post isn't meant to be doom and gloom, I'm not going anywhere, it is simply my opinion.
    Qixil likes this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

When will people learn that complaining about something being too good ALWAYS results in an over-the-top nerf?
    Dulcenia, Feldon and Phee like this.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

Uhm.. the whole point was to get away from forcing the player base down only one path to level - which is what the inflated DM xp was doing. It pretty much was expected that you did DM before getting into the expac and if you didn't do DM to catch up with your guildies that already had, you were somehow behind. It was forcing people to into what is let's be honest - a terrible and unfun gaming experience - for the sake of catch-up.

All these people coming out of hte woodwork talking about how "DM is me playing my way" are full of it. If they think DM is so great and fun and suitable to their playstyle, they can go back and continue playing it, it's still there! None of them were doing it because it's "their way to play". They were doing it because it was giving too much XP and gave them a way to bypass real content.

And those few that do create nice dungeons and that DO use DM for its true purpose - they're not hurt by this change. Because putting 200 easy mobs stacked on top of each other for easy grind is NOT "a player's expression of imagination" or whatever.

Yes, XP was nerfed in DM. But XP was also raised in several other areas - where it really should have been higher from the start (and probably should be higher still). The change is not about "let's make people level slower" or "let's take away choice". It's about "let's have people play the game's proper content that they actually paid for and let's NOT force them all to go kill the same orc over and over again in an old dungeons when we've just spent a year making them a whole expac worth of content." At least that's how i see it.

When dozens of zones full of new content are released, the first reaction absolutely should NOT be "hey, let's go kill the same DM orcs as we've been killing for years". The best XP should be in the new zones.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

What's funny is I know you're not talking about DM being same-same content, when it actually is. Don't try to tell me people actually mix it up when they do go through those dungeons. I'm sure they're going through the same one over and over with the best stacked line-ups.

DM XP whines are cognitive dissonance at its best
    Gaealiege, Mizgamer62 and Milliebii like this.
  6. Ramone_AB Active Member

So I logged in and low and behold I wandered around, bounced to another dungeon and the xp was crap, thanks SoE!

Fix XP and quit nerfing, accept the fact people will wither away due to the constant nerfs or take it up the hind side from you and continue playing SoE's way.

You said we could play our way, liars.

You knew the DM's had crazy stupid xp gains and yet took too long to address it, shame on you.

You keep nerfing xp, bad form SOE!

How about oh.. make the mobs level with you instead of graying out... oh that would make sense.

How about oh... quit with the two facedness..latest one Aerykyn race, shame on you again.

/pissed off
    Naramsin likes this.
  7. Dmack Active Member

The only way they will ever ‘fix’ this so people run the current content is to completely revert.

No mobs under green in old content.

No exp given for grey quests.

No AA given below blue.

No self mentoring or group mentoring period.

Unless these areas have been nerfed. then I concede.

Now with the options you have why not mentor down to 65 or 70 and go to places like Riliss and just lay waste to the ^^^ mobs there once you get tired of that go to Bathezid's Watchand reverse faction. If you don’t like that then mentor down to 90 and clear Thurgadin it gives great experience and wear your Order of Rime title to RP.

Not happy there? Mentor down to 60s and head to temple of Scale. x2 and x4 epics give massive exp. Head to silent city west and have a blast one shotting x4 epics for massive exp. Do it solo or do it in a group.

Either that or just stop complaining because there ARE other options you just need to explore them.
  8. Ramone_AB Active Member

I like the no mentoring option, add it to mobs that scale and 90% of issues resolved honestly!
  9. Grundge Active Member

I can understand the DM nerf, SOE wants people to play in the new expansion, but your solution makes no sense at all. This is a new expac, people should be playing in the new zones not Kunark all over again. Some people paid $90 for AoM and for what, to sit in old expac zones....waste of of money if you ask me.

SOE screwed this expac up. They really need to improve the quest XP for AoM. Having to run DM's or old content for a new expansion is absurd. I started playing WoD recently and the new level to reach is 100. I am halfway there and guess what, I never once had to go back to old content. I guess Blizzard knows what they are doing.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  10. Ramone_AB Active Member

They want to PIGEON HOLE people into something, and when you pigeon hole someone they do the exact opposite. SOE thought they knew the player base and they don't hence the back lash on the forums.

Most level up and then run current content aka: group dungeons/raiding and the few that actually quest will run the solo line in downtime since you can jump in and out of it.

Grundge, I agree the SCREWED it up majorly. If I hadn't paid for my year here I would be in WoW with the new expansion, and more I think about it, I may end up going to WoW as well. Blizzard does more things right than SOE Period!!!
    Dulcenia likes this.
  11. Talathionwins Active Member

The main catch to SoE and EQ games are the fact that old zones you spent money on and loved were still relevant no matter how old they were. That was one reason people loved EQ.

The have been, for years taking away that. Removing Plat from Zones, Removing EXP from zones. Ect.
  12. Sando Member

DM wasnt a bypass untill SoE nerf Xp to real contest contents
    if contested still give good Xp , a lot of still willing to group up , mentor and do those to grind
    plus with only SS, HK and Kael , contested are very limited , yet in final people will start/prefer DM
    but SoE is trying to narrow it even more to force most players into new content is unhealthy

if SoE directions it to get players to group more , then this is a wrong way

how long was DM out? why wasnt there a complains back then?
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Let's not forget about nerfing Tradeskilling past 95. By the time the tradeskill timeline in the Shattered Seas is completed, some have reported being 50% shy of level 97, so I was lucky when I landed at 15% shy of TS level 97. Not even all the dailys and weeklys put together could get me to level 97.

It has been reported that it takes 45-60 writs to get one whole level. It was painfully and tiringly long to get to level 98 doing writs, and that was at TS 97. So now at level 98, I am stuck with doing level 97 writs, the quests are blue, so I am making lesser and lesser TS XP as I get to level 100. The TS XP being nerfed is totally unreasonable! To have to spend three hours or more to get up one level is just way overboard!

SOE, this is over-the-top and insane to nerf both DM and Tradeskill XP gains. I hope one day, hopefully soon, you will be so kind as to explain to your customers why you decided to implement these nerfs. Okay, so the DM XP was rather insane, so cut it by 50%, anything more is rather extreme.

Seems like Upper Management in SOE only understand how to shoot themselves in the foot.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Lare Active Member

Don't agree with this at all. DM was suddenly made the only option yes far superior than say SS, HKC and other known xp zones but they removed those options as well. In fact they have removed any option other than the new expansion and even with the slight increase in the xp its still pathetic so talk facts.

The have nerfed XP and its the wrong thing to do.

They just cant do a new expansion without a massive negative that leaves a bad taste.
  15. Kromax New Member

I don't usually post on forums but I had to add my voice to the others who objected to this XP change.
    Many folks have not thought about the consequences to this change, it will change the market place, it will change the level of grouping and it will change the variance of classes available for groups for a long time to come. Personally I found the sig questline extremely boring, it was torturous completing it in Beta for the mount and I'm not looking forward to doing a repeat. PL'ing in a DM is also boring but you felt it was less of a grind than doing the same quest lines over and over again - it is certainly a lot less effort! I have a number of toons and to be honest I am thinking of just getting a couple of them to 100 and once of raiding quality I will probably cut down on the amount of time I spend in the game instead of working on my other toons - it's far too boring and I'd rather do something else with my time. I think a lot of other players will feel the same way and there will be less activity as a result. This is really bad timing with Landmark decimating the server populations,
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned getting 5 xp per mob, on storm a few hours ago i got almost to 97 (from 95,00) clearing a 900 token DM with my paladin (so quite enough to be 100 at the end of the signature). Probably the patch was not yet effective on Storm.

I don't get why they do that, the signature line is quite a must to do, for the adornment extraction and the mount. For me it's not a problem if people level to 100 before. I fail to understand what was the issue, nobody forced people to run the DM, i only ran one (solo DM) with my main and other just got from 95 to 100 that way why not.

Trying to understand their decision ? The nerf will not slow down progression (getting geared is always the long part) and it's not popular.

So my guess is that those DMs induced a very huge load on the servers. This may be the real reason.
  17. Sowy Active Member

I just want you guys to remember this thread as Sony goes the way of the grind.

I want you people who think getting "experience" is where the fun is in the game is (instead of grouping, raiding, questing, crafting) to remember this nerf as well.

I want you guys who complained to get the DM to realize truly how selfish you were. As you struggle to grind your way to 100, again I tell you to remember this.

Oh yeah, good luck getting those heroics at 98... Nobody but maybe your guildies are going to accept you. You shoulda just dm'd to 100...

And finally, I hope all you ragers rage over the heroic chars as that literally is paying for instant levels.

Sony, make the questline, heroics, and contested NOT such a huge grind instead of wasting time nerfing things that make us forget how much of a cheating bastard you are.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Alaaji New Member

I'm not sure I understand how less than 100xp per kill (2 people, no pots / vet / vitality) warrants a nerf when there are zones you can mentor down and run for 1000+ per kill. Reading some of the above reports makes me think I was doing it completely wrong.
    Even when I saw 400+ per kill (bonuses from vitality, 20% vet, 110% pot, 3 people running) I really did not want to grind my alts up because it was not a quick path to take. I'm talking hours per level doing it with 1 other guildy.

So now it looks like I have a dozen or so orphaned alts that will never see action. I don't even want to level the other 8 crafting classes at this point. The quests there are lacking, and writ grinding has become a frustrating chore. Glad I only bought the basic edition and wasted $36.99.....FTP here I come again.

FWIW, as of earlier today, at level 91 you still get decent XP. Haven't bothered logging in tonight.
  19. Buros007 New Member

I've heard from a few people that they are doing/planning to increase the xp in High Keep Contested, anyone heard about anything about that?
  20. Demonicate Member

Whisp me then, i play at same time, from about 4pm finnish time :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.