Changes to XP.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lare, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Never said it would, just saying that reducing xp in DM for level 96+ won't stop the game from functioning or people from playing and enjoying themselves.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I just can't understand why these kind of changes are made mid-stream after 'many' have used it.
    Alienor likes this.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd love to see new adventure writs, even. Last time I checked the guildhall writ giver (admittedly at least 6 months if not more ago) there were still only the CoE writs being offered.
    Nocturnus likes this.
  4. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Well, obviously it would have been better if they'd nerfed at the same time as the rest of them, but SOE is only human. They made a mistake, and they're correcting it. Better late than never.
    Gaealiege, Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Droll Active Member

I'll take a break for a couple days... calm down. Then think on it rationally.

If I wasnt already playing a game of EUIV, this change wouldnt have bothered me as badly, because my barbies would have all been 100 already. But alas I was procrastinating, and now I'm stuck.
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Actually, the post right above yours says otherwise:
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I guess that is true if we view one person as the spokesperson for all eq2 players.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

He isn't speaking for all, and I didn't say he was. But you can bet that there a lot of players who never visit the forum who share his opinion.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Absolutely, and if it doesn't take more than a couple hours to go from 95 to 96 in that contested dungeon, then things are good.

Also, if a 95 can go in there in somewhat questionable gear ( 95 crafted gear, they aren't going to have potent gear for a new character) and not get destroyed, then it is also probably fine.

If those two things are true, then there isn't any thing reasonable to cry about with the change. If those two things are not true, then the contested needs more attention from SoE, and honestly that should have happened before changing anything else.
    Livejazz and Purrako like this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

It is pretty simple, the only reason it was changed was the people screaming for it to be changed. SoE is simply reacting to some vocal players.

I can't complain here, as sometimes that works in my favor, sometimes it does not.
    Wirewhisker and Alenna like this.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't even matter if they rolled it back, but you are correct, I'm 100% sure I can roll the contested at a rate that will produce an acceptable amount of xp for me and all my alts. I'm also pretty sure many of other players who don't have the resources and network I have will not be able to do so.

One of the reasons I was against this change, even though this change will not impact me personally much at all.
    Wirewhisker and Alenna like this.
  12. Gromz Member

Been online now for an hour hunting for a DM for my 94 Zerk so i can cap out my AA's and then turn AA slider off and ding 95 so i can START questing in AOM on him.

Not a single soul on AB is doing DMs anymore.

GG SOE, you killed a $10 feature (according to your store) yet again.
  13. Elite Active Member

You didn't need to buy DM to utilize it for XP, only if you wanted to purchase gear with tokens or create your own dungeon.
  14. Phee Active Member

Why not just take xp away all together? oh well i leveled my characters already. next level increase i may just not play anymore. hate being forced to play the way someone else thinks i should.
    Alenna likes this.
  15. Ellimist Active Member

Sorry so I haven't seen anywhere where it is stated but does the XP nerf only apply to content once you hit 95? or is it progressive? I've started a new character recently from level 1 and the levels progress at roughly the speed of the quests if not a little faster. I had to set my AA slider for a bit to max so the mobs were still at least green for me.

This is before even level 20. So what sort of nerfs occurred and how do they affect play at different levels? (Obviously DM was a major one but people mention old content was nerfed as well)
  16. Nolus Well-Known Member

From what I understand just 95+
  17. Treiko Active Member

I will admit I did not read all 5 pages, so I am bound to repeat things. I too am pretty peeved. I had 13 lvl 95s... I now have 2 lvl 100s, and that's all I'm gonna have. I find it completely ridiculous that the best and only method deemed worthy for lvling has 2 flaws: not enough in the story to grant 5 full lvls, and not enough exp per quest to really feel like i am accomplishing anything. You can sit there and tell me "It's called EVERquest" until you are blue in the face, but the truth of the matter is SoE is completely going against their own motto, or at least the half they actually publicize. "Free to play, you way". more like "Free to play your way, as long as it's our way". I don't care to do the sig line that many times... most of my 95's hadn't even done the tov sig. I just enjoy playing alts, but murdering exp is taking a toll on my enjoyment of the game, because I cannot in fact, play my way at all.
    Naramsin, Juraviel and Phee like this.
  18. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

We are still in Beta. We just spent two weeks paying them to test the expansion before it goes live on the 25th.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Lare Active Member

Basically Trelko what you said is the whole 5 pages of the post. I don't give a rats behind about DM I'm, asking that they look at finding a reasonable way to level my multitude of 95 alts in a reasonable time frame.

SoE has nerfed the living daylights of xp past 95. was it for money or was it to force people to quest.

Either way its upsetting more people than thoses that are jumping for Joy.

This whole reduction in XP is wrong and leaving a bad taste in mouth after buying the xpac. When are they going to stop doing this each time a new one comes out. You think after 10 of them they would know not to do this.

honestly they need to go back to all the old zones and give back at least half the xp they took and allow people to play the way they want to play.

DM was very fast and I have no issues with it being reduce but to the level its now at 97% less is just a bad business decision.
    Naramsin, Lateana and Phee like this.
  20. Talathionwins Active Member

I don't mind the DM Nerf. I hate DM. What I hate is the nerf to contested zones/old dungeons. Old Dungeons/Instances/Contesteds needed an XP (Buff) not a nerf.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.