Change Character and crashing??

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Skpamd, Apr 28, 2016.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Me too, camp to char sometimes OK, more often crashes. I've had 5 crashes over the last hour, switching between 9 characters.
    I've validated the files and even rebooted the PC, still happening. Definitely NOT going to re-install the game. This is an issue with the EQ2 client and needs fixing by DBG.
  2. Akume New Member

Guess I will also jump on this band wagon. Trying to do the daily crafting quest and if not every character then every other character my client crashes. Great way to start off GU100. ( Oh, I have been at it for 2 hours and still have not completed all of my characters on the account. )
  3. Brinie New Member

same is happening to me since the patch yesterday.
  4. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Likewise here - about 7 of 8 times, so I sneaked one character change in somehow
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Logged in this morning just to post about this problem. It's both camping to an alt or sometimes (but rarer) when zoning after having been to the new zones.
  6. Koval New Member

+1

Trying to camp to another character, usually get a client crash.
  7. Tetrol Well-Known Member

just tried exit straight to desktop rather than camp and got the same error
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Wyllie New Member

Can't switch characters at all without crashing, and just now got the error when camping to desktop as Tetrol stated.

This needs immediate attention DBG management, get some resources on this.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Don't know if this helps the devs but a quick debug in VS is showing the following
    Code:
    First-chance exception at 0x5e3e38ac in EverQuest2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.
    First-chance exception at 0x5e3e38ac in EverQuest2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.

10. Lea Plath Active Member

Something rather odd happens to me too. When I camp to desktop it crashes on me. Not an issue but unusual.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Yep, happens all the time, on all accounts, and all regions. It is very painful when doing daily tasks.
  12. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I started having this issue this morning. It is annoying.
  13. Skpamd Active Member

I hope it is part of the hot fix today, I looked at the hot fix notes but it doesn't show any info on this being fixed...this is getting beyond irritating.
  14. Eben Member

I had the same problem. Tried /loadui default which caused me to crash also. Then I changed eq2.ini to Default UI and was able to switch from toon to toon 4 times in a row without crashing. Perhaps instead of reinstalling the entire game just reinstalling your custom UI will help. Or perhaps I just got lucky, 4 times isn't a thorough test :)
  15. Brinie New Member

Still crashing after hotfix
  16. Eben Member

I'm up to about 10 character swaps with no crash using Default UI.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Same problem here
  18. Coriel Active Member

+1
    100% reproducable. Happens every time when I switch characters.
  19. Brinie New Member

Reinstalled my ui seems to be working fine now
  20. Peachiz Member

Are you using drumsui by chance?