Change Character and crashing??

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Skpamd, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

copy the paks and music folders to a back up folder on your desktop then when you start the new install stop the launcher and move the filse over to the new directory
  2. Brinie New Member

Take that back, changed toons 3 times now crashing again, i use darq ui
  3. Skpamd Active Member

GRRRRR hot fix, didn't fix nothing, which means nothing will get fixed all weekend...GU100 should have been done on bloody Tuesday, giving them all week to fix the mess they create.
  4. Bunji Developer

Looking into this issue.
  5. Iuvili Member

I had issues yesterday afternoon with crashing no matter where I went. But, I logged in again on Thurgadin around 9:30 pm EST, and I played without problems in Zek until midnight; zoned a few times, too. This random crashing stuff and whatnot is very annoying.
  6. Eben Member

I use Profit, reinstalling didn't do any good... Default UI has given me zero crashes so I guess I'll use that for a while.
  7. Iuvili Member

I use Fetish; I don't think that causes crashing.
  8. Bunji Developer

It's an issue with Custom UIs and recent changes to the Experience UI. Working on a fix now.
    Spindle and Prissetta like this.
  9. ugloopni Active Member

thx bunjito
  10. Eben Member

Temp workaround - copy eq2ui_mainhud_experience from Default UI Directory to your custom directory, everything will be custom except the xp bar and no crashes while swapping toons.
    Spindle and Prissetta like this.
  11. Bunji Developer

I put in a ticket to push out an updated EverQuest2.exe file that will fix the crash. ETA a couple of hours to get out to the patchers (what Eben suggests is the best workaround until the updated exe is out there).
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Eben! I didn't think of this - it fixed my issue with not being able to see the experience vials, also.
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Try updating DarqUI, I use a mix of Darq and Drums, but specifically Darq's XP UI. Since I updated that I've not crashed.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Flameweaver. I use a mix of Darq and Drums as well, and updated Darq yesterday to the newest version that says it includes an update for the experience vials. I was able to fix the problem temporarily due to a suggestion by Eben in another thread - replaced the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml in my DarqUI folder with the same file from the default folder.
    flameweaver likes this.
  15. Flatline Well-Known Member

Crashing every ... 10minuts or so and htis is unbearable?
  16. Bunji Developer

The updated EXE should be on the US English patcher at this time.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

thanks did a clean install this morning and was camping to one of my other toons to check something real quick toon I was on was in scourge keep and I crashed switching from her to my other toon hope this helps.
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

What about EU ?
  19. Tetrol Well-Known Member

That default eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml works to stop this - but it makes me see why I use a custom UI - it seems to have a lot of useless buttons (I learned the hotkeys to open all that stuff about 8 years ago) and not much to do with showing you anything.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Skpamd Active Member

I just ran a validate assets on the launcher and now every things seems to be working. Thanks Bunji for getting it fixed.